Nemesis Medal Glitch!?

jim16127

To save anyone time who has the same problem. Here is the solution. Courtesy of Marth101.

The name of the journal entry is called "Mila". Here is a video showing when/how it is gotten.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPt_aGD_xuM]Let's Play: Hydrophobia: Prophecy - Act 1 3/3[/ame]

Start watching at 8:00

Medal pops up at 8:38

Edited by jim16127

Could it be possible that the difficulty makes a difference? I know it matters with the score. Just for the record, everything I've done is with the difficulty set to easy.

me too, i just played easy.

it shouldnt matter though since everything else worked fine on easy.

it should have unlocked by the end of the game no matter what difficulty.

The name of the journal entry is called "Mila". Here is a video showing when/how it is gotten.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPt_aGD_xuM]Let's Play: Hydrophobia: Prophecy - Act 1 3/3[/ame]

Edited by jim16127

Okay! Here's what I'm doing now. I deleted ALL the save files AND the game itself. I'm re-downloading the game and going to play on easy again. If that does not work I will be doing the exact same thing except try on a different difficulty. The dialogue in the video above, when the Nemesis medal is received DOES NOT happen when I play. Although I know for a fact the 1st time I played through I got Nemesis. Can't remember if that dialogue happened though. I'll keep posting as I make progress (if it's even possible to make progress).

Watch from 10:45 to the end

shit, i dont have that either.

i remember that section riding up in the elevator, but i dont remember "MILA"

no way in hell i am playing all over again and getting every medal.

i'll try one more playthrough of chap 3, but thats it

edit: nope

got to the elevator and my chick covers up her mouth like in the video, but then the elevator gets to the top and i can hit square if i want to open the door, but i waited and watched the whole video...no dialogue out of my chick.

i just get the destination medal or whatever once i open the door

edit: what is that decrypt thing right before he gets in elevator?

Edited by dh4645

I got FLOOD. There was another window in the corridor after the one mentioned in guide. As for Nemesis, I am sure it popped up during Act2 for me. IT was right after some cutscene showing Mila on a screen and had to press SELECT to read a journal entry. It was reading the journal entry that popped it for me. I'll have to play through it again to confirm the point at which it happens. But can say that it was in Act2, not Act3.

I'm not sure. The gameplay video is the xbox version. According to what I've read the PC and PS3 version are identical but the Xbox version differs in many ways.

well, let me know if u ever figure out how to do it without having to redo everything. not worth it just for a silver. the game is not that good to have to replay it for a 3rd time

As for Nemesis, I am sure it popped up during Act2 for me. IT was right after some cutscene showing Mila on a screen and had to press SELECT to read a journal entry. It was reading the journal entry that popped it for me. I'll have to play through it again to confirm the point at which it happens. But can say that it was in Act2, not Act3.

That would be great! I plan on playing through again and again until I get it. So if you post where it is, that will cut back on a lot of trial and error time on my part. I have no idea where it could be. I will keep my eyes peeled for Mila on a screen though.:think:

@dh4645 - I will keep this post up to date with my findings. Hopefully others join in and help the cause. I am determined to get this done. Have you tried playing through Act 2 again? With the help of requiem it should make it much easier on me to find the location.

Thanks to Marth101, the exact location of the medal has been located.

Edited by jim16127

The medal is not glitched, it just unlocks in a different place on the pc and ps3 version of the game.

You get this medal along with the journal "Mila", right after you rescue officer Billingham in Act 1. (You get a trophy for saving him). As soon as you leave the room, you'll notice a broadcast on all the tv's with Mila talking. Just wait until the broadcast finishes, and you'll get both the journal and medal.

Hope this helps out.

Holy Shit! Your right, I know exactly where your talking about. I always just keep walking and go through the next door and don't let it finish. The very 1st time I played the game I let that finish out. That's why I got it in my 1st run. I haven't tried again yet but I would be willing to guarantee that you are correct! Thank You for your input. Greatly appreciated. I'll confirm if it unlocks or not.

EDIT: IT WORKED! Thank You! I now have 100% of trophies. For anyone else out there, just make sure to research the "Deep Breath" medal before messing it up.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPt_aGD_xuM]â–º Let's Play: Hydrophobia: Prophecy - Act 1 3/3 - YouTube[/ame]

Skip to 8:35

Edited by jim16127

The medal is not glitched, it just unlocks in a different place on the pc and ps3 version of the game.

You get this medal along with the journal "Mila", right after you rescue officer Billingham in Act 1. (You get a trophy for saving him). As soon as you leave the room, you'll notice a broadcast on all the tv's with Mila talking. Just wait until the broadcast finishes, and you'll get both the journal and medal.

Hope this helps out.

ok cool.

i'll try this tonight.

glad i didnt delete the game/save yet.

edit:

NICE! got it.

i know i watched part of it before, but i must not have watched it all before i went into the next room

Edited by dh4645

Hope this helps out.

confirmed-watch mila on tv screen after saving billingham for nemesis

To save anyone time who has the same problem. Here is the solution. Courtesy of Marth101.

Let's Play: Hydrophobia: Prophecy - Act 1 3/3

confirmed-watch mila on tv screen after saving billingham for nemesis

• 2 weeks later...

Hope this helps out.

Confirmed: this worked for me as well, huge thanks! I'm so ready to be done wit this terrible game.