Rate the platinum difficulty.  

102 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the platinum difficulty.

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/news/diff_plat_9.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 8.90

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.

Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by Darth_Krid

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Easy to boost the online ones, some of the normal ones are challenging but not too bad. 4 starred Through The Fire and Flames on my 3rd try and very close to the Play With Me and the Raining Blood one, aside from that it shouldn't be too bad.

Except NO ONE is online when I get on so I can't do any Pro Faceoffs or anything. Anyone who wants to boost the online ones please, please add me on PSN and we'll smash through them.

PSN: AgentCapone

Easy to boost the online ones, some of the normal ones are challenging but not too bad. 4 starred Through The Fire and Flames on my 3rd try and very close to the Play With Me and the Raining Blood one, aside from that it shouldn't be too bad.

Except NO ONE is online when I get on so I can't do any Pro Faceoffs or anything. Anyone who wants to boost the online ones please, please add me on PSN and we'll smash through them.

Jesus Christ, 4-star TTFAF on your third try? I can't even get through 1% of the song LOL :D

I want to ask, are you using the guitar controller with the slider thing? If so, does that make a difference to the game (i.e. 'easier')?

I doubt it squodge. I never see anybody use the slider (I never use it myself) and for good reason. It's impossible to know where your fingers are on the frets and so easy to lose yourself. It's much easier to just use the regular frets and you're far less likely to miss.

I can make a VERY good argument that this is probably one of the hardest, if not the hardest, platinum on the system. The level of multi-instrument skill necessary to get all of these is ridiculous. The Cowboys From Hell (full band 100%) trophy alone requires a ridiculous amount of luck even on an easy song due to the insane strictness of the vocal system. The three really hard guitar trophies require a relatively high level of skill to get especially raining notes. And of course you would still need to 5* Raining Blood on expert+. A feat that even some of the best drummers would have trouble with.

Jesus Christ, 4-star TTFAF on your third try? I can't even get through 1% of the song LOL :D

I want to ask, are you using the guitar controller with the slider thing? If so, does that make a difference to the game (i.e. 'easier')?

I never use it. My one is a little fiddly so the blue one always lights up even when im not pressing it and aside from that its really awkward and hinders me way more than it helps. I use it for the wah effect on sustains and that's it.

Practice is the name of the game as well, I spent a lot of time getting the 5 star for TTFAF in GH3 and I suppose it paid off :D

LULZ I did on my 1st try xD

I voted 6 because there pretty easy BUT you have to have a variety of skills ( bloody feet, golden voice AND 8th wonder? lol)

I was "close" to platinum but my drums broke, I'm gonna fix them soon though (just the red one has sensitivity problems)

• 1 month later...

That's pretty impressive. I seem to be maxing out at 3.5.

• 1 month later...

what i wanna know is who are the dumbasses that 1,6, and 7? i mean honestly? $20 says they don't have this one. this is by far the hardest GH platinum out there. I would say it's between a 9 and a 10 and even closer to a 10. I would put metallica at a 9 and GHSH at a 10. c'mon guys stop skewing the voting by saying it's lower than it actually is!

• 4 weeks later...
The Cowboys From Hell (full band 100%) trophy alone requires a ridiculous amount of luck even on an easy song due to the insane strictness of the vocal system.
I've get this one "easily". Just put all the levels on novice and move your mic in front of your tv with the tv volume rather loud.

And for the song of "every one on expert", use the same technic for the mic, but take the song "killing in the name of" where you don't need any difference of voice.

About the difficulty of the platinium trophy, I really have to agree it's one of the hardest I've ever saw. Even the trophy of finishing all the instruments in career on expert is freaky.

And "Bloody Feet" is probably the hardest of all, even with 2 players can't get it :(

But I think the guys from Activision know it, because the difficulty of the trophies in GH5 is much lower (a bit too low ?) to get platinium

edit: can you see on a website who has already that platinum trophy ? I guess not much people will have it

Edited by Smirnoff103

• 3 weeks later...

I gave it a 10. It's almost similar to Guitar Hero Metallica; hard as hell.

The Only trophy i really got problems with is Golden Voice.

8th wonder would be worth for a gold trophy, if you had to get 5 stars on it.

on GH3 i got more then 800.000 points on Through the Fire and Flames, but on Smash Hits I got just a little more then 600.00 (~570.000 are = stars).

I got every other hard trophy (except golden voice); But there are some drum and band-trophies missing (I have no drum kit, but soon I'll get this platinum.)

But the trophies for GH:SH and GH:M are really 10/10...

Maybe I'll buy van Halen soon, lets see what i can get there.

• 2 months later...

I've platinumed this and I'd give it a 8 or 9, probably an 8... I voted for this long ago before i platinumed it so i dont know what i voted lol.

I'd vote it that because none of the trophies require you to master any of the instruments, but rather, grind the sh*t out of certain songs. For example, I'm among the best guitarists on ps3 but a very mediocre drummer, i 5 starred raining blood and beast and the harlot but haven't even 5 starred caught in a mosh or yyz or things like that. I COULD 5 star them if i played them for an hour or so, but i didn't.

I'm an even WORSE vocalist, but i spent 1 1/2 days on killer queen and memorized it inside and out lol, I said this in another thread, but message me if you are really having trouble with some of the difficult trophies and I can get them for you. my psn name is nicky_boy909

I also just platinumed it. Bloody Feet was my last trophy, i borrowed a second pedal for this and my legs hurted as hell by trying this trophy like 10 times in a row.

Also Beast and the Harlot, 5 Stars without Starpower on drums... It took me some time to get used to the bass-pedal in the chorus. Probably the drum trophies were hard to me because i havent played Guitar Hero-Drums before i tried to get all trophies in this game ^^

The Killer Queen trophy... The first time i did it, i used 2 Youtube-Videos and sometimes i jumped in and sang some parts, worked good but sucked as hell, so i practiced, because a friend near to me wanted this trophy to and i got it on my own again. Took about 2 hours.

So its really damn hard, but if i could turn back time, i would have chosen the 9

Maybe I will add you the next days, Nicky, you seem to be a nice guy and i'd like to play Guitar Hero with you :p

I've platinumed this and I'd give it a 8 or 9, probably an 8... I voted for this long ago before i platinumed it so i dont know what i voted lol.

I'd vote it that because none of the trophies require you to master any of the instruments, but rather, grind the sh*t out of certain songs. For example, I'm among the best guitarists on ps3 but a very mediocre drummer, i 5 starred raining blood and beast and the harlot but haven't even 5 starred caught in a mosh or yyz or things like that. I COULD 5 star them if i played them for an hour or so, but i didn't.

I'm an even WORSE vocalist, but i spent 1 1/2 days on killer queen and memorized it inside and out lol, I said this in another thread, but message me if you are really having trouble with some of the difficult trophies and I can get them for you. my psn name is nicky_boy909

Saying that things don't make sense that you'd rate it an 8.

• 2 weeks later...