A Definitive GTA IV Guide for Blockable Trophies: Now with More Cheat Codes!

ILikeChurros

Table of Contents

Purpose - What is this guide about?

History of GTA IV Trophies - What? GTA IV has trophies? Since when?!?

Intro - Which trophies are blocked by cheat codes and how can you unblock them?

Blockable Trophy Walkthroughs - How can you get the four blockable trophies early on?

Cheatlists - Which cheats block trophies and which ones don't?

Disclaimer and Philosophy - Why would anyone cheat in GTA IV?

----------

Purpose

This guide/thread was created with the intention of answering any questions you may have regarding trophies. Only a few cheat codes can temporarily block certain trophies, but most codes will not block anything.

I got the 5 blockable trophies early on and started using the cheats that block those 5 when needed during missions and I didn't have any problems with getting every other trophy in singleplayer mode. If someone tells you that you can't get the Key to the City trophy if you use a cheat or that your system or game disk will break, don't believe them! They are bad people. :mad:

My cheat code count on my game save was 904 the last time I checked and I've gotten every single trophy in singleplayer mode without a problem, including the Key to the City trophy for 100% completion, so please read on to find out more.

----------

History of GTA IV Trophies

If you loaded GTA IV into a PS3 with an internet connection after Aug '08, then you would have noticed that the game needed an update. Note: v1.04 was the latest at the time of this update - Mar 20th, 2009. Ever since patch 1.03 we've been able to get trophies but you can only earn trophies on game saves created after installing patch 1.04 or higher.

You DO NOT need to delete any of your older game saves or game data. You can keep your old game saves for sentimental purposes, but if you want to earn trophies, you MUST create a new game save file.

Also, you can create as many new game save files as you want without worrying about having to get the trophies that you have already earned. This is great if you need to speed through a new game for whatever reason. Once you hear the trophy "Ding!" it gets saved to your PSN account so it doesn't matter if you load a previous game save, start a new game, or turn off your PS3 and go out and dance. Your trophy will not get taken from you once you've gotten it. 😃

----------

Intro

There are 5 trophies that are blocked with the use of cheats:

1. Walk Free

2. One Man Army

3. Finish Him

4. Cleaned the Mean Streets

5. Chain Reaction - More info needed

The cheat codes that block these are in the Cheatlists section.

Even if you were told that X trophy was blocked because you entered a certain cheat code, there's no need to worry. All four of these trophies can be unblocked once again if you simply re-load a saved game file. You can safely go to bed, save your progress, and as soon as you wake up, re-load that exact same save file and all four of these trophies will be unlockable once again.

----------

Blockable Trophy Walkthroughs

Here's how to get the four blockable trophies early on. Note: Once you get one of these trophies, it is safe to use a cheat code that previously blocked it. Also, you can safely use any cheat that doesn't block that particular trophy as you try to go for it. These "Cheater Methods" are provided in some of the trophy descriptions below.

Once you start a new game post-trophy patch, here are the things that you'll need:

• cell phone (should be fairly obvious, but I forgot that you can't spawn Buffalos without one, so you have to wait until the mission where Roman hands you a phone)
  • knife or a bat
  • gun with a handful of bullets (for shooting down criminals)

Now for the trophies (listed in the order that I got them):

gta4-trop019.png 

Cleaned the Mean Streets - You caught 20 criminals through the police computer.

This one is fairly easy to get early on, especially when you spawn an FIB Buffalo. Just go into the police database while idle in a Buffalo, go into View Current Crimes. If you want it easier still, select a criminal on foot. If there aren't any, press circle twice to get out and go back into the database to find one. The database shows three random crimes every time you exit out and come back in.

At most you spend around 1-2mins driving to the criminal and you can simply run him over a couple times to kill him or run into him and if the initial impact doesn't kill him, exit the car and finish him off with some well-placed bullets. My gun of choice early on is the glock, and I usually do headshots, so I don't use up that many bullets. Rinse and repeat 20 times and you're done. These criminals drop money and their guns, too, so that's a bonus. The money amount differs, but on one perpetrator I got around $300 and an AK. Nice!

Cheater Method:

If you want to stock up on ammunition before going on these criminal hunts, repeatedly use either one of the ammo codes until you're loaded up, save your game, re-load that same save file, and watch those criminals quiver in fear when you come at them with your huge arsenal. 😃

gta4-trop015.png 

One Man Army - You survived a 6 star wanted level for a full 5 minutes.

This one couldn't be easier! Lots of people use a helicopter to fly over locked islands, but I found using a car on train tracks to be much faster and safer.

Before you unlock the middle island, simply go north to Grand Boulevard and San Quentin Ave (check out this helpful map to see where that is if you're not sure) and look for the elevated train station around there. Go up on it, spawn a vehicle on the tracks, and drive westward on the middle lane. Keep driving past the first couple turns and you'll eventually see the entrance to the subway tunnel as you get into the center of the middle island. I drove until I got to the first fork and parked there to wait out the 5mins. As long as you haven't unlocked this middle island yet, you should have six stars by now and not a cop in sight!

No cops followed me down there, and no trains passed by, so I was pretty safe, but that didn't stop me from constantly looking around with the right thumbstick just in case. Once you accumulate 5mins worth, bam, the trophy message pops up. You can simply drive back the way you came, staying on the tracks, until you go past the cop radius to clear the 6-stars and you should be good to go.

Suggested Method from juan29zapata:

"... go to Northern Gardens in Bohan and there is a tunnel, immediately when you go inside, you have six stars you can wait [5] minutes without a cop appearing (but like you said, it's better to see if there is anyone coming), and the same goes for "Walk Free" get 4 stars and then go inside the tunnel and escape as you wish."

Yet Another Method - this one is useful if you have unlocked all the islands already:

Go to a laptop in your apartment (you'll have one in the nice apartment in downtown Algonquin or in Playboy X's apartment if you decided to help Dwayne during the Holland Play mission) and click the “Web” link and type “www.littlelacysurprisepageant.com" in the address bar. You'll see a police web page because it's a trap set up by the Liberty City Police Dept. You'll get a five-star level, so simply wait a bit until your building is surrounded by cops and then simply take the elevator down and whip out your assault rifle, RPG launcher, or what have you and kill a couple more cops to get to six stars.

As soon as you get six, take the elevator back upstairs and the cops will not follow you, so just chill out and watch the TV or something and you'll get the trophy once 5mins are up.

One more method if you have unlocked the middle island (Algonquin) already - original concept suggested by XenonSovereign:

If you own Playboy X's penthouse then you can try to snipe people on the street from the rooftop and take out any choppers that come your way. Once you get six stars, head back into the living room and chill for 5mins. If you don't own Playboy's safehouse, then simply get a chopper, fly to its roof and proceed with the original game plan. You can still enter the living room to hide once you get six stars.

Cheater Method:

Even if you've already unlocked the islands, you can go into any subway entrance in a car, park it somewhere safe by the train tracks, use the "Add one star to Niko's wanted level" code until you get six stars, and then wait it out for 5 mins and you'll get it.

Edited by Viper
Supplement revisions by Terminator, 09/05/2019.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

gta4-trop011.png 

Walk Free - You successfully lost a 4 star wanted rating.

I got this as a result of completing the Three Leaf Clover mission, but I've read about people who get it by going into the airport's restricted zone (i.e. basically anywhere near a runway or past a barricade that you shouldn't cross) to get the 4-star rating and then using those driving skills to get away from the cops.

Note: You will need to drive / run / walk away until you clear the police radar and lose your wanted level that way in order to unlock this trophy. What this means is that you can't dash into a Pay 'n Spray as soon as you get a four star rating. Yet another reason why it's important to bone up on those driving skills if you decide to go for this trophy apart from beating the Three Leaf Clover mission.

gta4-trop005.png 

Finish Him - You completed 10 melee counters in 4 minutes.

The description for this one sounds hard to do, but it really isn't. Just go to a busy intersection with some decent traffic flow and walk up to the side of a car that's waiting for a green light (taxis are the best for this since the drivers get mean and defensive; downtown Liberty City is perfect for this). Take out your bat or knife and strike the car by the driver's side window. The driver will come out all angry (or scared if they don't want to put up a fight, which usually happens in more opulent areas - in sketchy areas, the drivers or passengers might pull a gun on you).

Note: If the drivers get angry they'll initiate a fight with you, and if cops are around, they might not notice you fighting back in self-defense. I got this trophy with two squad cars looking on as I defended myself from angry taxi cab drivers, ha! Cops don't seem to respond if you swing a bat on a car for some reason.

As soon as an angry driver gets out, switch back to your fists, lock on with :l2: and begin Mortal Kombat! Wait for them to prepare to swing (you can anticipate their punch when their animation changes) and press :cross: to duck and combo them with square or triangle. Each person takes between 1 to 2 counters like this before they die so do this to five drivers and you're set; I did it in like 1min30secs. Just keep initiating fights like this until you get the trophy notice.

If you die, it's ok since the 4mins time limit is cumulative so once you get out of the hospital you can run up to another car and resume. Also, countering can get pretty easy if you anticipate a little since the AI is pretty consistent with how long it waits before swinging a punch at you. I only got punched once and my reflexes usually aren't the fastest.

Cheater Methods:

One of the health codes blocks this trophy (Full health and armor), but the other doesn't (Full health, armor, and ammunition) so if you want to refill your health in between Mortal Kombat bouts, use the second code.

Also, if you want to get rid of those annoying cops who don't like it when you beat on unsuspecting civilians, feel free to use the Remove Niko's Wanted Level code since it doesn't block this particular trophy.

----------

Cheatlists

What I found early on was that what was true of the HeXbox in terms of cheats that block stuff is also true on the PS3, so I found this comprehensive list of what's blocked to be useful (I've change the language to read "trophy" instead of achievements - trophies are so much more meaningful and satisfying to get in my opinion anyways 😃 - the original is here):

Cheat Codes That Block Trophies

Full health and armor - 3625550100

If you enter this code while in a vehicle, it will also repair it. Note: This phone number translates to "DOC-555-0100". This code prevents the "Cleaned The Mean Streets", "Finish Him", "One Man Army" and "Walk Free" [trophies] from being earned.

Full health, armor, and ammunition - 4825550100

If you enter this code while in a vehicle, it will also repair it. Note: This phone number translates to "GTA-555-0100". This code prevents the "Cleaned The Mean Streets" [trophies] from being earned.

Weapons tier 1 - 4865550150

This will unlock the baseball bat, handgun, shotgun, MP5, M4, sniper rifle, RPG, and grenades. Note: This phone number translates to "GUN-555-0150". This code prevents the "Cleaned The Mean Streets" [trophy] from being earned.

Weapons tier 2 - 4865550100

This will unlock the knife, Molotov bottles, handgun, shotgun, Uzi, AK47, sniper rifle, and RPG. Note: This phone number translates to "GUN-555-0100". This code prevents the "Cleaned The Mean Streets" [trophy] from being earned.

Remove Niko's wanted level - 2675550100

Note: This phone number translates to "COP-555-0100". This code prevents the "One Man Army" and "Walk Free" [trophies] from being earned.

Spawn Annihilator police helicopter - 3595550100

The Annihilator is armed with rockets. Note: This phone number translates to "FLY-555-0100". This code prevents the "One Man Army" and "Walk Free" [trophies] from being earned.

Cheat Codes That Don't Block Anything

Note: You can use any other cheat that's available without the fear of having any trophy getting blocked. When I started my new game, as soon as I got a cell phone I entered the cheats for the FIB Buffalo (best all around cop car in my opinion) and the Comet (I preferred the Comet over the other available cheat cars) and I started playing.

Add one star to Niko's wanted level

Dial "2675550150" on the cell phone. Note: This phone number translates to "COP-555-0150".

Spawn Cognoscenti

Dial "2275550142" on the cell phone. Note: This phone number translates to "CAR-555-0142".

Spawn Comet

Dial "2275550175" on the cell phone. Note: This phone number translates to "CAR-555-0175".

Spawn FIB Buffalo

Dial "2275550100" on the cell phone. Note: This phone number translates to "CAR-555-0100".

Spawn Jetmax

Dial "9385550100" on the cell phone. Note: This phone number translates to "WET-555-0100".

Spawn NRG-900 (the fastest vehicle, arguably, in the game. This bike is great for stunt jumps)

Dial "6255550100" on the cell phone. Note: This phone number translates to "MBK-555-0100".

Spawn Sanchez (the cool motorcross-style bike - I thought this was a car before I entered the code, heh)

Dial "6255550150" on the cell phone. Note: This phone number translates to "MBK-555-0150".

Spawn SuperGT

Dial "2275550168" on the cell phone. Note: This phone number translates to "CAR-555-0168".

Spawn Turismo

Dial "2275550147" on the cell phone. Note: This phone number translates to "CAR-555-0147".

Change weather and brightness

Dial "4685550100" on the cell phone. Note: This phone number translates to "HOT-555-0100".

----------

Disclaimer and Philosophy

I had already played through the game without cheating before trophies came out and it's very time-consuming when you die and have to restart a mission, so part of my inspiration for this guide was to help people like you not waste so much time. I normally wouldn't recommend cheating since it lessens the enjoyment of certain games.

If you've tried to get some trophies already, you might have noticed that some of them are hard to get even with cheats, so my philosophy for this game is that if you spend enough time and effort trying to get a trophy with the use of cheats, your time spent should not go unrewarded. Sure, you can choose to not use a single code, but if you value your time then the decision to use them seems like a no brainer. It's not like you get a trophy for NOT using cheats

Edited by Viper
Formatting cleanup and removed some redundant info.

This is awesome!! Thanks for this, I've been putting of GTA4 for a while cuz I didn't want to 100% it again. So from what I understand, there are no cheats that block Liberty City Minute? If so, I'm definitely going to play this game again soon.

I plan on using:

Remove Niko's Wanted Level

Full Health, Armor, and Ammunition

Edited by optics

This is awesome!! Thanks for this, I've been putting of GTA4 for a while cuz I didn't want to 100% it again. So from what I understand, there are no cheats that block Liberty City Minute? If so, I'm definitely going to play this game again soon.

I plan on using:

Remove Niko's Wanted Level

Full Health, Armor, and Ammunition

Don't forget the Annihilator code. ;) It's the fastest way to go from point A to B sometimes when you don't want to use a taxi.

You can also use the cheat of getting 1 star added, enter it 4 times and then use the trick for the One Man Army trophy i just did that and for a few seconds i lost the 6 star wanted level and got the Walk Free trophy ... then i just sat in my car that was on fire ... but got the trophy :p

So if I use a cheat, save my game and re-load it, I can get, say, "Cleaned The Mean Streets" without a problem?

Because I'm wanting to get through the story missions before doing side quests, and I'll be using cheats for that since I've already gotten 100% once.

Thanks for the info, though... VERY helpful!

Edited by jqtaxpayer

• 2 weeks later...

I got all the trophies that blocked the ones above as I tested some to see which block what after getting them all I used the health/ armour about 5 times on some of the annoying missions.

Hated one where you was with packie meeting at that site to drop that gracie off anyways in my 30hrs run I just them all the time to rush the dam thing because I wanted it out the way.

I only need 4 trophies now to platinum it but trying to find someone to help me with the fly the co-op trophy the most if anyone is good at them and can help please PM me.

I only need 4 trophies now to platinum it but trying to find someone to help me with the fly the co-op trophy the most if anyone is good at them and can help please PM me.

Fly the Co-op is a cakewalk, so send me an XMB message with your time zone and schedule and I'll try to see when I can hop on to help you. Otherwise, you can try asking for help in the other threads (in particular, you can try the Trophy Boosting thread).

Take care, and good luck,

- Churro

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
this may be a stupid question but can someone explain the save the game and restart reason to me? After you get a trophy using a cheat you have to save the game and reload or what?

Thanks everyone.

no if you used a cheat and it blocked a trophy , you save it so it will unblock the trophy.

• 2 weeks later...
Fly the Co-op is a cakewalk, so send me an XMB message with your time zone and schedule and I'll try to see when I can hop on to help you. Otherwise, you can try asking for help in the other threads (in particular, you can try the Trophy Boosting thread).

Take care, and good luck,

- Churro

or just the fly the co-op thread :D

• 2 weeks later...
One Man Army - You survived a 6 star wanted level for a full 5 minutes.

This one couldn't be easier! Lots of people use a helicopter to fly over locked islands, but I found using a car on train tracks to be much faster and safer.

Before you unlock the middle island, simply go north to Grand Boulevard and San Quentin Ave (check out this helpful map to see where that is if you're not sure) and look for the elevated train station around there. Go up on it, spawn a vehicle on the tracks, and drive westward on the middle lane.

I got this one without using a cheat;

- I went to the trainstation in the north near San Quentin Ave in Fortside.

- walked up the stairs.

- jumped on the tracks.

- started walking West ( Who doesn't know what's West --> When N (North) is up on your "radar", then West is Left ( <-- that side! :p ).

- after 30 - 40 sec. you'll get the 6 stars when you get under a bridge (Northwood Heights Bridge).

- just walk in the middle (yeah, trains WILL kill you!).

- walk from one side to the other and turn around at the end, just repeat this for 5 mins.

- the helicopters will shoot, just hold X to run, when the helicopters start shooting start bashing the X-button to run a bit faster.

** Might be safe to get some extra health/armour since the helicopters start shooting!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Weapons tier 2 - 4865550150

This will unlock the knife, Molotov bottles, handgun, shotgun, Uzi, AK47, sniper rifle, and RPG. Note: This phone number translates to "GUN-555-0100". This code prevents the "Cleaned The Mean Streets" [trophy] from being earned.

You wrote that in your guide but the first number doesn't exactly translate to the second thing you wrote. Just a correction :)

Weapons tier 2 - 4865550150

You wrote that in your guide but the first number doesn't exactly translate to the second thing you wrote. Just a correction :)

Good catch! =)

I had accidentally swapped the codes for tier 1 and 2 weapon cheats. The correction has been made for both of them.

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

i have just bought GTA 4 for the 2nd time because i had completed before trophies were released. So when i first play the game, dont use the cheats and get the 4 trophies that are blockable then delete all my gta 4 save data then go on it again and enter cheats will it not block the trophies i just got. Cheers