Platinum Awards and Rank Unlocks reset

Naleus

I did a quick search on google and nothing like this popped up so i figured i would post something here as a warning.

I played earlier this morning and everything was fine. I logged back on about 8 or so hours later and all sorts of things were reset.

1. I had purchased property and that had been set as my spawn point. However, when I spawned I was elsewhere and my personal vehicle was an earlier personal vehicle that had been impounded and destroyed days ago. My newer fully upgraded vehicle had vanished. I still had my apartment.

2. I began getting the phone calls that unlock parachuting, bull shark testosterone and gang attacks again. I checked and had no access to any of the unlocks after rank 15. I am rank 103 and I had access to everything earlier.

3. All of the my platinum award progress had been reset. Every one one that I had completed had reverted back to 0% complete. Luckily for me, I finished "Decorated" this morning before everything went haywire.

It is like it partially loaded an earlier save. I mean that would be the best way i could describe it. My rank is right and so is my apartment but everything else is messed up. Has anyone else had something like this happen?

It's all over the support forum, the cloud is acting up again. People are losing cars, progress reset to weeks earlier, or character reset. better pray your stuff gets back when the servers are back up, but my guess is it's eaten by the cloud.

rockstars patch 1.05 is another fail, lol

It's all over the support forum, the cloud is acting up again. People are losing cars, progress reset to weeks earlier, or character reset. better pray your stuff gets back when the servers are back up, but my guess is it's eaten by the cloud. rockstars patch 1.05 is another fail, lol

Naleus - Have you by any chance used the LSC glitch? This could be a "legal" way for R* to reset the stats of players that did the glitch... they have used the "oooppss server failed, sorry!" option... resetting them "officially" would have seen some "legal" ramifications if ever... so I'm just guessing, this is the reset that those againts LSC-money glitching have been waiting for...

... if not... then I have given R* a stupid idea...

HunterParsynt: I'm in the same boat. I just jumped on to find I still have my rank, but have lost my Entity, Monroe, Carbonizarre, Akuma, and all of them fully upgraded, along with losing full upgrades to my other cars. Walked into my garage to see that it shows vehicles I used to have, like it was a load from a far previous save. WTF Rockstar, did your servers crash or something and you had to use a backup from a previous date?! Just give us the truth.

Nokillerjustasin:1 more person lost their beautiful garage and all their cars that they bought were replaced with the previous cars that were there. I DONT WANT MY PENUMBRA OR MY ---GIO I WANT MY BANSHEE VACCA AND MY COQETTE BACK

NoCompetition: so rockstar gives me 500k plus the 500k i earned finally had enough to buy an adder now it's GONE!!! been replaced with a buffalo. it is comforting to see i'm not the only one. please fix the problem.

This is but a few of them but it's a very hot topic being dropped at the v1.5 patch article... What the heck have they done with GTAO... it's like they broke it even more... I am convinced touching the "payoffs" and nerfing them down has something to do with this problem...

Anyway, it's like playing Russian Roulette going online right now... so think what's best for you folks... I'd play SP (if you still have some trophies to earn there) or avoid GTAO until the next patch... then again there is no guarantee the next patch/hotfix will sort out this problem - which had been going on even before patch 1.1...

EDIT:

Or I just had this idea that R* was probably trying to fix the "tricked garages", the ones with Laser Jets, Buzzards, Police Cars, Rhino Tanks (etc)... but since those vehicles are tricked (probably in the guise of some other legit vehicle), having to "clear" them out messed up the garage system... sadly including those that didn't do the tricking method...

Funny that one had comment that "it's comforting to know she's not the only one"... in any case I wouldn't feel that way as something like this should not happen...

Edited by Naps

Makes you wonder how much its cost in patches since release.

I know Microsoft allow one free patch and then charge 50k per patch after that to the publishers. Don't know about SONY.

This is why I'm dreading the next consoles though, because they've all allowed a free patch system. This means consoles games will be just as broke as PC games on release.

Naleus - Have you by any chance used the LSC glitch? This could be a "legal" way for R* to reset the stats of players that did the glitch... they have used the "oooppss server failed, sorry!" option... resetting them "officially" would have seen some "legal" ramifications if ever... so I'm just guessing, this is the reset that those againts LSC-money glitching have been waiting for...

... if not... then I have given R* a stupid idea...

no i did not use this glitch. i didn't even know what this glitch was until a few seconds ago because i looked it up.

I just wen't online, everything was up to date, and the game saves fine.

i have 2 accounts and my 2nd one is totally fine. it has everything that it's supposed to have. so flip a coin. heads you're cool, tails you're boned.

So my advice is to not play at all until this is fixed alright. Way to ruin my weekend R* -_-

Last weekend was the only weekend since release that I was actually able to play GTAO (as were many other). *Cue my Rockstar office joke about them switching off when the last staff member leave the office on Friday*

I'm at work all weekend so won't be too effected I don't think. But Rockstar seriously need to be grateful for the patience the gamers have given them. Even those like myself who've been buying there games since the DMA days, still find this to be piss poor and worthy or a Cockstar arse kicking.

Makes you wonder how much its cost in patches since release.

I know Microsoft allow one free patch and then charge 50k per patch after that to the publishers. Don't know about SONY.

This is why I'm dreading the next consoles though, because they've all allowed a free patch system. This means consoles games will be just as broke as PC games on release.

I remember reading somewhere that Sony charge around 40K a patch but whether that's in US$ or GBP£ I have no idea. It's a good job they made over a billion in sales as I can foresee a few more patches coming yet. I for one am glad I have finished with the online, not only is it glitchy and unreliable, it's not even that good in my opinion.