[Ascension:] Collectible Locations Guide [GEs, PFs + Artifacts]

Mowmow

Hola guys,

since the promo is out there and it's only a few days left for everyone else to play Ascension I thought we might start a Collectibles thread. Just post whatever you've found so far, I'll add it as soon as possible. Since there's no such guide yet I'll use the opportunity to research and give us a little heads-up.

At first I'll just categorize the collectibles, later on I'll try to put them in chronological order to make things easier.

Happy hunting!

[Gorgon Eyes]

Chapter 5: Take the right way at the crossroads at the beginning of chapter 5.

Chapter 5:After finding the Phoenix Feather in the abandoned house follow the path to the right and there will be a minigame. Solve it to get a trophy [?] as well as a feather and an eye.

Chapter 6: After climbing the bull statue in the cistern walk to the right towards the screen to find the chest.

Chapter 6: [?] After you get the Ice of Poseidon there will be another eye in plain sight, hard to miss.

Chapter 6: [?] After riding the snake, when you enter a tower go all the way up for an eye.

Chapter 6: [?] When you swing to the red snake go left and you will see another eye along with a red chest.

[Phoenix Feathers]

Chapter 5: Take the right way at the crossroads at the beginning of chapter 5.

Chapter 5: After you try a jump and the bridge breaks keep going to the right, on the lower floor and there will be a house without a door chests containing a phoenix feather and some orbs.

Chapter 5:Follow the path to the right and there will be a minigame. Solve it to get a trophy [?] as well as a feather and an eye.

Chapter 6: [?] After riding the snake, when you enter a tower go all the way down for a feather.

Chapter 6: [?] After you jump on the white snake go all the way towards the screen (left after you jump down) for another feather.

[Artifacts]

The Sewers: Prisoner's Oath Stone: After climbing out of the sewers and freeing the possessed prisoners go into their cell and grab the artifact.

Chapter 5: Circe's Chalice: After the elephant fight jump on the big box before moving it to reach a balcony with the artifact

Chapter XXX: Oracle Seeker's Offering: After riding the third snake you will be back to the same tower were you found the feather by going down the stairwell, do so again and this time there will be a relic waiting near that already used chest

Chapter 26: State Worker's Idol: On the lift segment (very beginning of the chapter) where you need to throw enemies into the flame it's over in the top left corner once you reach the top.

[Decayed Chests]

---

Decayed Chest Info:

For the Trophy If it ain't broke... you'll have to use the Amulet of Uroborous to reconstruct some sort of decayed chests. More infos soon.

Edited by Mowmow

There are more gorgon and Feather chest than you need to get full upgraded like 10 chest of each more than you need

agreed. some of them you can even collect the same chest twice as there is a ton of re-visitation of the same places. The only benefit to finding them all would be the extra red orbs from subsequent item chests, but you will also get all the orbs you will ever need and then some from basic progression..even on hard mode.

This is good to hear. I know in previous GoW's there were just enough chests to get fully upgraded and you couldn't miss any. So I'm glad to hear you can actually miss some.

In some of the previous games - maybe all of them, don't know for sure - you also had a few more chest than were needed. They just turned into red ord chests once you had all the collectibles, so yea, most guides are actually incomplete because no one really bothered to list more locations than necessary.

You guys got any chests I can record so far? I couldn't find ANY on the internet yet strangely, except for one artifact from the demo :o

This is good to hear. I know in previous GoW's there were just enough chests to get fully upgraded and you couldn't miss any. So I'm glad to hear you can actually miss some.

All prior God of War games have had extra chests in case you missed any, so I don't know where this bullshit comes from.

In some of the previous games - maybe all of them, don't know for sure - you also had a few more chest than were needed. They just turned into red ord chests once you had all the collectibles, so yea, most guides are actually incomplete because no one really bothered to list more locations than necessary.

You're correct and I dont know how I forgot considering I just played God of War II not that long ago. I knew exactly where the chests were as I played the game a lot previously and even after upgrading I kept running into chests, which spat out red orbs. Don't know what I was thinking of. :o

In the chapter 5 at the crossroads there is a feather and a eye to the right path.

Same chapter after the elephant fight, when you go to push the giant box thing before you even move it jump on it and in the balcony is a relic, can't remember the name but is a jar something, further ahead there is another eye but it's in plain sight

There shouldn't be any need for a guide detailing where all the Feathers/Eyes are for this game since Ascension is incredibly generous with them. There are more chests than in any other game in the series and i got all the Feathers/Eyes at the beginning of chapter 18 (Delos Landing) and there are like 15 chests more that contains them (they are replaced with red orbs once you got them all).

I got all of them the first time i played through the game and i wasn't even very thourough with exploring.

If you need help with the relics however i got the location for at least five of them in my head.

I'm missing the second last relic - the statue worker's idol. I believe its somewhere between the furnace and the trials. Any ideas?

yeah i can't find that one, either. The relic directly before this is found during the furnace. And the one after it is found after the trial of archimedes battle. So..somewhere in between there it SHOULD be. Haven't seen anyone confirm its location though.

Since I haven't played the game myself yet I wasn't aware that Ascension is more generous with the chests, previous games weren't really. Still, I think it's a good idea to list at least the necessary 20 or 25 or whatever you need plus the artifacts and maybe the decayed chests, still kinda haven't gotten the concept behind those.

In the chapter 5 at the crossroads there is a feather and a eye to the right path.

Same chapter after the elephant fight, when you go to push the giant box thing before you even move it jump on it and in the balcony is a relic, can't remember the name but is a jar something, further ahead there is another eye but it's in plain sight

Thanks man, any specifics concering the crossroads?

Since I haven't played the game myself yet I wasn't aware that Ascension is more generous with the chests, previous games weren't really. Still, I think it's a good idea to list at least the necessary 20 or 25 or whatever you need plus the artifacts and maybe the decayed chests, still kinda haven't gotten the concept behind those.

every game has been generous with the eyes and feathers. There has always been at least 10-15 extra ones. With that being said they used to actually hide them better and not leave 2 right next to each other *rolls eyes* Never had to resort to a collectible guide for anything in a god of war game until they introduced the godly possessions. Decayed chests are a joke. I believe there are only 10 and they are all very linear as to being right along the beaten path. The only couple tricky ones is remembering to backtrack to them because you will first see them well before you can actually restore them. The only 'concept' is using a certain power to heal them. They all contain red obrs which are useless there is such an adundance in this game. The artifacts are what people should focus on making a guide for. MOST of them are easy to find, still haven't seen anyone who found #9 and remembers where it was lol

Edited by poignancy

It's at the start of chapter 5, its kinda unmissable Rly :)

The name of the jar relic in chapter 5 is circe's chalice

I'll post some I found today, they are all in chronological order thoug, and beware of some (minor) spoils...

In the end of chapter 5 after you try a jump and the bridge break keep going to the righ on e under floor and there will be a house withou door with a orb chest and a Phoenix feather inside hard to miss

After that keep going to the right and there will be a broken chest (that i don't know whats for) and a hallway, inside the hallway is a mini game/puzzle that earns you a feather and a eye plus a sweet trophy :)

In the cistern chapter 6, after you climb a bull statue go to the right toward the screen and there will be a eye

After you get the posseidom ice there will be another eye in plain sight along the way

After the snake travel, when you enter a tower go all the way down for a feather, going up you will come across a stair, past it is another eye.

After the slide when you go out of the green snake and swing to the red one, go left and you will see another eye along with a red chest.

After Zeus light it will be toward the screen, you actually see this in plain sight before jumping down, it's a feather

After you jump on the white snake go all the way towards the screen (left after you jump down) for another feather

Edited by panserod

State Worker's Idol. Chapter 26 The Furnace.

[spoiler=2455]On the lift segment (very beginning of chapter)where you need to throw enemies into the flame its over in the top left corner once you reach the top.

Got my No Drake You Can't Have These. =]

every game has been generous with the eyes and feathers. There has always been at least 10-15 extra ones. With that being said they used to actually hide them better and not leave 2 right next to each other *rolls eyes* Never had to resort to a collectible guide for anything in a god of war game until they introduced the godly possessions. Decayed chests are a joke. I believe there are only 10 and they are all very linear as to being right along the beaten path. The only couple tricky ones is remembering to backtrack to them because you will first see them well before you can actually restore them. The only 'concept' is using a certain power to heal them. They all contain red obrs which are useless there is such an adundance in this game. The artifacts are what people should focus on making a guide for. MOST of them are easy to find, still haven't seen anyone who found #9 and remembers where it was lol

You're right, I do remember having most trouble with the first game, but I'm not sure about the other titles. I always found the chest locations to be unevenly hidden, sometimes two next to each other on the regular path and sometimes one that was hard to reach if you don't know where to look with just a single crappy item in it.

The name of the jar relic in chapter 5 is circe's chalice

I'll post some I found today, they are all in chronological order thoug, and beware of some (minor) spoils...[...]

Thanks man, appreciate it! It grows :applause:

Edited by Mowmow

Please, help me find last artifact. I already have:

1. Prisoner Stone

2. Circe's Vial

3. Oracle Seeker's Offering

4. Aletheia's Charm

5. Boat captain's Idol

6. Orkos Cloak

7. Stonemason Chisel

8. Archimedes treatise

9. Statue Worker's Idol

What i've missed and where i can find it? Many thanks for advices.