Gozers Most Wanted Boosting Guide

takun23

I'm just putting this up to help anyone who'se interested, its probably all just basic knowledge already, but maybe having it compiled here will help others on this one. (Tactically wise, I guess I like to have a plan of action.)

I put this in a recent post on the boosting thread, courtesy of the 360achies sister mirror site:

http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww225/mediadump/ghostbusters/BGgozerlist.jpg

If your planning on boosting Gozer's Most Wanted like I am, it might just be worth taking some tips, y'know? Im Australian (so EU version) and snagged some boosting buds already from that thread, but the point of this one is for anyone to use it, specifically in groups, and I'm always game to help outhers out too.

Tip 1: Go it in groups of 2 or 3. PS3 has, unfortunately, a lot of lag if players are scattered about too much, or have a slow connection, or if theres just too many. Idealy, 2 people can play online easily. 3 would be a good balance as well; the more the merrier and so on. (As much as it makes us work at the online tropheys, I cant help but find busting ghosts with a proton stream is just plain fun.)

Tip 2: Figure out who goes first. In Slime dunking, you simply have to be the winning person to clear that map, but some people are good with slime tethering, some prefer slam dunking streams, so work it out with your boosting buddy/ies and just play the same map as many times per player, letting 1 person snag some ghosts and letting the clock tick down.

Tip 3: Keep track. That image posted above is pretty invaluable; I've printed off a copy (sideways to fit on paper) and plan on ticking it off. It'll take awhile to fill it up, but work with your boosting busters and it'll be fine.

Tip 4: Have fun. You wont have to worry about beating off other people, just work as a team. How can you get aggro at a game that just lets you hear Bill Murray say often "To your left. No, your other left."

Tip 5: Kill 2 (or 3) birds with the one Stassis Stream. BlackStar2k has posted here a great thread here about the post-game awards to collect, so why not work on those too? If your letting someone win at Slime-dunk this time around, grab ahold of one with your capture stream and just wrangle the slimey jerk for Slime Wrangler, or whip out the Paragoggles for awhile to get Keeping An Eye Out while waiting for ghosts to respawn in Containment. And if you manage to lure out a Most Wanted Ghost, try and focus on that. Generally someone will need it, or if not, its pretty valuable cash-wise.

Destruction

To win Destruction, 26 relics must go down before the timer goes, so just equip your most powerful weapons and concentrate on that. Remember, smashing 25 and having time run out isnt good enough unfortunately, so make sure your group all knows to focus on the statues (or maybe a Most Wanted if anyone needs it).

Protection

This can really only pose a challenge on the 3rd tower, when there are less ghosts and more golems/black slime monsters. Do your best to find where they spawn and take it out before it gets too close.

Survival

Just work as a team. If someone goes down, get them back up quick smart. The only thing that can really kill you off on this one is lag.

Containment

This can be easy if you work together. If someone is good with slime-tethering, let them do their job. If your better off at wrangling, everyone should aim at wrangling the same ghost and catching it in the nearest trap. Catching a ghost add's time, so if you all focus on 1 and catch it soon as possible, you'll have more time on your hands than ghosts.

Slime Dunking

As already said, all you have to do is have the most money/slimers cought, so just load up a map, let someone catch a few slimers, and let the time run out. Repeat until everyone has cleared the map and your set. All you need to do is work out with your team who goes first.

Thief

Lag is your worst enemy here. If something can take away a relic, chances are theyre too tough of an entity to take on your own, so have 2 or more busters zap it first. All 4 relics must survive, but if you let 1 go, try not to get down-hearted. Just have another go at a different map later, or keep going and push your luck at a most wanted ghost popping up.

Well, thats all. Hope this meager guide gives some people wanting to play a bit of a plan of attack, and let me know what you think. Good luck!

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One other little thing Im not too sure of. Some people say to win a Thief game, you need to protect all 4 statues, others say at least have 1 left. Im not too sure which it is, but considering how tough some of these bits and pieces are, Im likely to believe its all 4. Can anyone confirm thanks?

It's been awhile since I've played thief but I'm pretty sure you still get a win as long as one is left. That is what other people have found too.

Survival is being a massive pain in the arse at the moment. If there are any survival kings out there in the EU region (preferably Australia) feel free to add me :) I'm more than happy to help out with anything else you need for gozers most wanted.

It's been awhile since I've played thief but I'm pretty sure you still get a win as long as one is left. That is what other people have found too.

Survival is being a massive pain in the arse at the moment. If there are any survival kings out there in the EU region (preferably Australia) feel free to add me :) I'm more than happy to help out with anything else you need for gozers most wanted.

Dunno about king mate, but Ive been slowly marking jobs off with this one bloke. Now what was his name again....

Great mini guide. This will be a helpful little tool to use while working through multi. Thanks for the effort and time!

Ah cheers, no worries!

Ahhhhhhh god damn that reminds me of my AWP run on GTA 4

That looks tough as your gonna have to be sucessful every round god and you still gotta deal with the two glitched trophys

Well, takes some time but nothing too drastic. Slime dunks are easy, just take it in turns I've found. (try and nab 20 each map so when Polar Slimer is fixed you'll have the pre-req.) Things like containment just have 15 ghosts when theres only 2 players as well, so yeah.

This trophy is time consuming for the most part, only a couple of things may induce hair pulling.

Most of the modes can be done comfortably or easily with only two people. The first three survival rounds, Reading Room, Basement Stacks and Twisted Stacks are probably the biggest pain in the arse with two people, I did all three with three or four. All the others, however, I did with only two.

After that doing Destruction with only two people I found difficult, I think the closest I came was 24 destroyed. Perhaps if we were luckier and got the Stasis gun or Meson collider toward the end we could have gotten the last two.

Slime dunk I found easy enough to just win with randoms but it is pretty easy to line it up to just take turns with someone if need be.

I got the trophy the other night and it was a big relief. If anyone needs help feel free to add me. As I previously mentioned I'm in Australia so not much point unless you can play in the EU region matches.

All I'm missing are the Maestro and Pappy Sargassi most wanted ghosts (barring glitched slimers) now so if you could get them to pop up that would be cool :)

I recall seeing somewhere online about an Interactive Spreadsheet for tracking progress for Ghostbuster's online trophies. Anybody have that?

Now that would be helpful, Ive been using that printed off checklist and a wordpad of post job awards to check mine.

I just made my own spreadsheet, doesn't need to be fancy.

When you go to create a match, you can see the job types, and what maps are available on each, just make a list and tick them off as you do them (Instant, Ranked).

Yes, it's confirmed you only need to save 1 relic, although I think that's another bug glitch, because it means Thief is the easiest of them all now.

Containment is easy, if there's just two of you (about 15 ghosts to catch then).

Survival, again 2 people, except for the harder maps, Basement/Twisted Stacks, you'll want 4 (don't bother with 3, you get the same difficulty as 4 but down a player).

Destruction, make sure there are 4 of you, doesn't affect difficulty, and ignore the ghosts, shoot the relics.

Slime Dunk, just be first in the match, upto you if you want to do it with one other player or 3. There's plenty of new players, you can easily dunk slimers faster than them.

Thief, well just make sure 1 relic is still there, should be really easy no matter the number of players.

Protection, best with just two people, and hold ghosts in a capture stream and knock them out, but don't trap them if you're having difficultes. Really the only tough map is Cemetery, this one is a bit tricky as the Titan often charges for the 3rd PKE. You can weaken it, yank off it's lantern, it's then blind and will attack anything that attacks it. In this way, one of you can lure it away from the PKE, the other protects the PKE.

If it charges after the PKE, the person at the PKE musn't stand there and shoot it, it will run right at you! You must move away from the PKE and shoot it to draw it away.

Failing all of that, use Stasis Gun to freeze the Titan in place, this is alright as long as you don't run out of stasis.

You can ignore the flying skulls to some extend, yes they damage the PKE, but not by much, it can still continue to power up. Just keep that Titan away from it.

Survival was held me up getting Gozer's, the two Stacks levels are really hard, you need a team of 4 good players (including yourself), stick together, revive each other as soon as someone goes down, be patient, keep at it, even when you're swormed with paper ghosts and your reviving each other every few seconds. Then you need to direct the Titans aronud the map, don't stay still, and if possible, keep the titan's together (so one doesn't sneak up behind you), pick up power ups as you run around and throw everything you've got at them. Pick up your teammates if they fall down, but not if they're right by a Titan, have the Titan chase after you and hopefully another teammate will pick up the fallen one, if not, do a run around half the map and pick him up. Do NOT stand right by each other when under attack by Titans, as one hit can put you both/all out. Be careful not to get stuck on the scenery too. Try not to waste ammo on the spawned ghosts, but if you're swarmed let off one messon to lesson their numbers, or else run to another part of the map. Never stand still.

You should the have Gozer's, provided you can find good teammates.

This is the key. I wasted quite a bit of time playing with randoms that didn't know what they were doing.

Doing destruction is very easy with only 3 people too. I blitzed it with 2 other people quite easily in no time flat.

I dont mind saying if not for doing most jobs with you Thor, I wouldnt be as advanced through the ranks as I am now. 6 more Survivors and 3 more Most Wanted's till Im up to scratch on it all.

Trust me, it's extremely basic, just make your own, you can find out from the Create a game dialog which maps are available on each modes, just write them down and mark them off as you do them.

That's what I did, I kept track of all the achievements on a spreadsheet until I got them all (excluding glitched ones).

Ahh, finally got Gozers Most Wanted. A few more Most Wanted ghosts and Overachiever and Im set til an update. Not sure what to make of Overachiever, some have said theyve gotten it with random conditions, Ive got the cash and jobs, Iknow Ive got only 22 different awards, so that must be it.

Ahh, finally got Gozers Most Wanted. A few more Most Wanted ghosts and Overachiever and Im set til an update. Not sure what to make of Overachiever, some have said theyve gotten it with random conditions, Ive got the cash and jobs, Iknow Ive got only 22 different awards, so that must be it.

What people often don't realise with Overachiever is it must be FULLY COMPELTED jobs, e.g. containment jobs you caught all the ghosts in, survival games you finished wave 10, etc. etc.

It can take a while to get upto 50 of these, especially if you're just playing with whoever you find online (they quit, mess around, don't FULLY complete the match).

Also for the post game awards, it's been said they don't need to be unique awards, some have got overachiever and the only post game award they have ever had was "'ain't afraid of no ghost".

What people often don't realise with Overachiever is it must be FULLY COMPELTED jobs, e.g. containment jobs you caught all the ghosts in, survival games you finished wave 10, etc. etc.

It can take a while to get upto 50 of these, especially if you're just playing with whoever you find online (they quit, mess around, don't FULLY complete the match).

Also for the post game awards, it's been said they don't need to be unique awards, some have got overachiever and the only post game award they have ever had was "'ain't afraid of no ghost".

Well, if thats the case I think I'm knackered. Getting GMW isa sure way to know youve gotten 48 jobs cleared, and I know I've done more (repeated Thief jobs in the Library a few times to get Dredge to spawn etc) and Ive got over the 8 mil mark in money, and still no Overachiever. The only thing that could mean is that it wont count finnicky jobs like Slime Dunk. I still need 2 Most Wanteds, maybe if I just repeat playing levels until they spawn I'll have racked up some more jobs finished.

I'm looking for someone who knows how to play to team up and take down a few jobs... most people I randomly end up with are idiots who don't know how to do the current job (I don't know how many times I've tried destruction and been the only one going after the damn relics while the other idiot(s) attack the ghosts).

Here's a quick breakdown for people who haven't played MP yet:

Destruction: Go for the relics, the ghosts poof as soon as the relic's down, so ignore them completely. Also, don't run all the way across the map (and away from a relic) to revive your teammate... kill the relic THEN go revive him.

Protection: Stay near the towers for the first 2 rounds; if you're good with slime tethers use those, otherwise just stun/freeze the ghosts while the tower goes up. In the 3rd round, one person stays near the tower (to kill anything attacking it) while the other person/people attack the big guy(s) and lure him away from the relic.

Survival: This one can be tough; with 2 people you get smaller waves, but it's easier to both get knocked out in later waves. With 3-4 people the waves are bigger but you have a better chance of getting revived in time. Use slime tethers in the trappable ghost rounds. Try to stay near your partner(s) but not too close so the same AoE attacks don't knock both of you out.

Containment: These IMHO are the hardest jobs; learn to master the slime tethers, they help ALOT here. There's alot of luck involved since some ghosts like to run away somewhere and hide which can waste precious seconds.

Thief: These are the easiest jobs I find. Just stay near the relics and try to wrangle them away from any ghost that tries to run off with them. You only need 1 left to win, so it's not too bad

Slime Dunk: These aren't too bad, especially if boosting. If not just find a good central spot and wrangle ghosts into the traps. Don't bother with slime tethers since those are too easy to get broken.

Well, if thats the case I think I'm knackered. Getting GMW isa sure way to know youve gotten 48 jobs cleared, and I know I've done more (repeated Thief jobs in the Library a few times to get Dredge to spawn etc) and Ive got over the 8 mil mark in money, and still no Overachiever. The only thing that could mean is that it wont count finnicky jobs like Slime Dunk. I still need 2 Most Wanteds, maybe if I just repeat playing levels until they spawn I'll have racked up some more jobs finished.

Yeah, just keep at it, Overachiever was the second to last one I got (I got Gozer's afterwards, mostly thanks to those two "Stacks" maps on Survival), and I remember when it finally popped up. I was on rooftops, not sure of the game mode, and at the end of the match, it popped up. I'd had the cash ages ago, so it was completed jobs and awards, I'm pretty sure I didn't fully complete that one, but could be wrong, and the award I got was a very common one, like "ain't afraid of no Ghost". Some thing this one is a bit iffy and will randomly popup a little while after you've satisfied the requirements.

The official word is:

Overachiever - Get over $2,500,000 cash in multiplayer, earn over 30 awards, complete 50 jobs successfully.

Explaination: To unlock this Achievement, earn more than $2.5 million in cash and more than 30 Awards, and successfully complete 50 jobs.

I'm looking for someone who knows how to play to team up and take down a few jobs... most people I randomly end up with are idiots who don't know how to do the current job (I don't know how many times I've tried destruction and been the only one going after the damn relics while the other idiot(s) attack the ghosts).

Here's a quick breakdown for people who haven't played MP yet:

Destruction: Go for the relics, the ghosts poof as soon as the relic's down, so ignore them completely. Also, don't run all the way across the map (and away from a relic) to revive your teammate... kill the relic THEN go revive him.

Protection: Stay near the towers for the first 2 rounds; if you're good with slime tethers use those, otherwise just stun/freeze the ghosts while the tower goes up. In the 3rd round, one person stays near the tower (to kill anything attacking it) while the other person/people attack the big guy(s) and lure him away from the relic.

Survival: This one can be tough; with 2 people you get smaller waves, but it's easier to both get knocked out in later waves. With 3-4 people the waves are bigger but you have a better chance of getting revived in time. Use slime tethers in the trappable ghost rounds. Try to stay near your partner(s) but not too close so the same AoE attacks don't knock both of you out.

Containment: These IMHO are the hardest jobs; learn to master the slime tethers, they help ALOT here. There's alot of luck involved since some ghosts like to run away somewhere and hide which can waste precious seconds.

Thief: These are the easiest jobs I find. Just stay near the relics and try to wrangle them away from any ghost that tries to run off with them. You only need 1 left to win, so it's not too bad

Slime Dunk: These aren't too bad, especially if boosting. If not just find a good central spot and wrangle ghosts into the traps. Don't bother with slime tethers since those are too easy to get broken.

I found containment to be one of the easiest, just make sure only two of you go into the match, then you (usually) only have 15 ghosts to catch between you. Go in with Slime Gun and tether them, pick up pickups, keep slim tethering, otherwise Messon Collider overload pulse knocks out a ghost any nearby to it, and Stasis Beam freezes a ghost, follow up with a Shock Blast and they're stunned. If you do pickup a Proton Accelerator, you can now use Boson Darts.

This should make light work of Containment, I found the most hardest in order:

1. Basement Stacks - Survival (you NEED 4 players)

2. Twisted Stacks - Survival (you NEED 4 players)

3. Cemetery - Protection

Thankfully I finally got my Gozer's Most Wanted not too long ago, I'm now stuck until there's a patch, which I'm campaigning for.