Petition to stop Sony from Banning for Boosting

Conceptfly

I'll move this petition to here since it seems like a more applicable place.

You may or may not like boosting, but as long as they keep making difficult (sometimes retardedly difficult) trophies online, it is necessary to stop them from banning people from their accounts due to boosting. Sony calls it cheating due to "disrupting the community." Whether you like boosting or not, honestly when has it ever negatively affected you when someone boosted for a trophy? It's simply cooperating to get to the goal in a more reasonable time. I am fighting Sony on this (with help from my laywer friend), and need some people to stand against them on this.

Whether you 1) hate the difficult online trophies, 2) hate them saying that it is an offense that could result in the perminant ban of your account (including losing all of your purchased data), or 3) like being able to boost, you should all join us in this petition.

Terminator made a good quote that, with permission, he is letting me use to clarify the difference in what people may consider boosting. Note that this petition is only supporting trophy boosting. Sometimes there can be an overlap (meaning you will level up and get medals), but when the intent is for a trophy, the booster doesn't care about the other "gains" that they will get. His post in the other forum was the following:

You can had me to the petition:

Terminator - HuntingFever

I personally believe there's 3 sorts of boosting:

1: There's the "COD" style stat padding where people get together to cheat and glitch their way to the best gear.

2: The "Lost Planet" and "Fight Night Round 4" style trophy ransoms where selfish people work together to deny others key trophies or try and force others to pay for access to them.

3: The "EndWar" style co-op boost where you work together to obtain otherwise hard or impossible to get trophies, especially if it's in a private match.

Boosting for trophies is never wrong, especially if it's for hard as hell or dead games like KZ2, RE5, Resistance 2 etc. Boosting is only ever wrong if it's in a game were there's no online trophies.

Instead of going after trophy boosters, they should be focusing on the hackers, glitchers, of which I've seen loads on the KZ2 and Resistance 2 servers, and the Trophy Hostage Takers.

Boosting wouldn't be necessary if the online trophies for some games weren't a pain to get.

DO NOT BE AFRAID OF SONY RETALIATING AS THAT WOULD BE ILLEGAL

You can list whatever you feel comfortable as your name on this (only John Hancock was fearless enough to sign legibly for instance), so first name and last initial is fine if you want to keep it annonymous.

1. Sean J. - Conceptfly

2. Lee J. - Half_sober

3. Terminator - HuntingFever

4. weephilymcvey

5. AC47

6. maniac81

7. Jeremiah J. - Waden34

8. mjfan97

9. A CorpseMess

10. Calamaistr

11. Stork77

12. sacrifice_01

13. Sin-City-Big-Boy

14. DanDx

15. hunterelf

16. Randy03

17. AJ1127

18. bucky212_DE

19. Devon H - The_Omniscient

20. 11anthony

Edited by Conceptfly

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(with help from my laywer friend)

Lol.

Anyway, wont happen. Even if you show Sony 10.000 names. And really, how many people have you seen that got banned from PSN because of boosting?

honestly when has it ever negatively affected you when someone boosted for a trophy?

Depends on what they're boosting and how they do it.

First time its a 2 day suspension, then a 3 day, then perminant... and they've started the process with me. I actually talked with the corporate office about this and am in the process of attempting to show them that there is a community of boosters. It will make a difference with the right push... but I would need your names of support.

If you cant get a trophy without boosting, then you are simply not worthy to get it.

honestly when has it ever negatively affected you when someone boosted for a trophy?

FIFA and NHL, Goaltenders who let their friend do 15 goals in one game.

Edited by torskeye

Tell me, what is considered boosting? Every games asking for grinding, you'll be boosting to some extent. If you're playing using the criteria allowed by the game, I don't see how it is cheating, and I also don't see how they can say who is boosting and who is not.

Blame the developpers who put grindind Online trophies, not the player who just use the system the way it is allowed. Remove any kind of grinding Online trophies, and you'll have your problem solved

Edited by Drac Mazoku

If you cant get a trophy without boosting, then you are simply not worthy to get it.

Get the 10000 kills and 1000 wins trophy in Chronicles of Riddick without boosting and then come back here when you have the plat.

As far as I'm aware, this is only Sony run games, like The Show and Killzone. Most games from 3rd parties are not heavily moderated. I disagree with what Sony does as it doesn't affect anyone else but I would never petition it. Just boycott the games with police moderators and you'll be fine.

What game is it you got in trouble on?

There's only very few trophies I'd boost for *cough* AWP *cough* so it wouldn't bug me if boosting became a bannable offense. We'll just have to see what happens but I doubt anything will be made of this.

Boosting is not cheating. Not in my book anyway. There are way too many insane online trophies which make it impossible not to boost. I doubt Sony will ban people for boosting.

Agreed. I remember they used to encourage teamwork back in school to help quicken the discovery of a solution.

Edited by joeyc138

I personally don't boost. I tried it once and i just felt like I didn't really earn the trophies that I got...but thats just me. I don't think it is cheating by any means but I hope it's something that less and less people do over time...I've never herd of getting banned for boosting but I have herd of people getting kicked out of games and matches because of it...

STOP CHEATING.I hope all boosters get banned...

Thanks a lot for the lovely pm (sarcasm intended) you just sent me and know that you have been reported for it as I don't take kindly being told how to play my games :mad:. Who do you think you are anyway? The boosting police?

If we want to boost trophies then we should be allowed to do so in private matches.

Edited by Terminator
Added extra info

STOP CHEATING.I hope all boosters get banned...

Its not cheating, atleast for me and do you really wish that majority of users and non user trophy hunters here get ban, im sure it would make your friend list look empty :p

Thanks a lot for the lovely pm (sarcasm intended) you just sent me and know that you have been reported for it as I don't take kindly being told how to play my games :mad:. Who do you think you are anyway? The boosting police?

What did he send you?

Edited by Figma

I got banned from being online with PSN from boosting KZ2 valor trophy. I don't have 40 hours in a week to play one game. I did not affect anyone in the process from the community. I really don't understand why some of you wouldn't be willing to be on the petition when you are okay with boosting even one game...? They will never hurt you in any way because of it...

Its not cheating, atleast for me and do you really wish that majority of users and non user trophy hunters here get ban, im sure it would make your friend list look empty :p

What did he send you?

Just an elongated version of his rant here so if you get one from jetsfan something other, then report and block him like I have as he's nothing but a troll.

Edited by Terminator
Fixed typo

if you are so opposed to boosting why the hell are you on this site. i hope you realize there are sticked threads for every game to find boosting partners.

i could see how boosting would be a problem tho. for example, if you and a buddy are in a ranked match and everyone else is playing legit, one team may be down two players. this could be a problem with games like dead space 2 which only have four players on a team. (note: i know ds2 doesnt have online trophies, just using the team size as example)

Since big companies always care about money I'd try a different approach. Tell them that if people try to get their online trophies the legit way they'll spend a huge shitload of time on only one gime, while with boosting they can get the Plat quicker and thus be ready to play which also means BUY new games. In short, boosting makes Sony more money than playing legit.^^

Or another approach would be to stop using the term boosting altogether and call it something like "playing with newfound friends" instead. I mean nobody can expect that all of my real life friends (of which only a few have a PS3 and none of them have a game I'm playing) play with me together so we find gaming friends all over the world (this forum being yet another plattform for it). And if I do play with some of those "friends" then we should be allowed to play as we say fit respectively the way we enjoy it the most. And if that means that we let our friend kill ourselves several times to get a trophy, well then so be it. Unless of course gaming is a totalitary matter nowadays and has to be played a certain way to be enjoyed. Heck, I'm quite sure that you could actually really pull of that as an defence and get away with it. If you have the right lawyer.^^

Edited by Ivotas

I can see why Sony does this but I think that the term boosting has a broader meaning here then Sony definition. Sony doesn't want people who aren't able to meet condition in ranked play to gain rewards over the people who are trying to earn them without help.

Because boosting for certain trophies will also make other players who are trying to earn them have a harder time. In the case of Killzone 2 if you had got it then another person who would have got it would have missed it.

Now the best solution is try to find a way to make developers not create trophies that make boosting a favorable option. Like online streak trophies

Since big companies always care about money I'd try a different approach. Tell them that if people try to get their online trophies the legit way they'll spend a huge shitload of time on only one gime, while with boosting they can get the Plat quicker and thus be ready to play which also means BUY new games. In short, boosting makes Sony more money than playing legit.^^

All of these strategies and more will be used, however, there has to be a show of community members that actually care about this.