PS2 Collection/Classics HD Discussion Thread

Mendel

This will be the discussion thread for any upcoming PS2 collections, news on upcoming collections, theories on future collections and wishlists. Any other threads will be closed and forwarded here, so enjoy.

If people would like, we can add a poll to the thread, asking which collection people are most looking forward to.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This will be the discussion thread for any upcoming PS2 collections, news on upcoming collections, theories on future collections and wishlists. Any other threads will be closed and forwarded here, so enjoy.

If people would like, we can add a poll to the thread, asking which collection people are most looking forward to.

Not bad idea. Some poll options I can think of off the top of my head are Ratchet, Jak, GTA...

Trust me, interest for PS2 collections extends beyond a poll that you created on our site. Sony has said they plan on continuing the collections (hence this thread and several others), and they don't need to be told how popular the R&C games are. This thread was created, in part, because you felt the need to open a new poll for every series you could think of. Having this thread become active will do the same thing.

The SSX series is still one of my favorite PS2 games of all time. SSX3 was by far the best. The original SSX was out at launch for the PS2 back in 2000 and I thought really showed the new graphics power of the console. I never liked any other snowboarding games but the cool level design, excellent music, and arcade feel moves made this a classic.

I still own SSX3 for my 60gb BC PS3. Gameplay never gets old.

My only issue with something like a Twisted Metal game is that all the games would feel too similar. You might as well do what MK did with the Trilogy game, and just include every previous character, only updated.

Agreed.

Same with the (brilliant) SSX games. Would love to see a new SSX game though.

There is also a new Driver game coming out soon...............

Kingdom Hearts with trophies = win.

GTA Vice City and San Andreas with trophies = epic win.

I really loved FFX too, and that would be great to re-play too..

sidenote: does anyone know why the PSClassic games on the PSN don't have trophies?