Quick question about leap year bug

Lord Tony

So I turned on my PS3 the day the leap year bug happened, except it was a couple hours before it happened. However I didn't play any games or touch anything, I never even got the error. Will my game GTA4 still be affected? I ask this because people claim to still not get trophies, I am only 1.3million away from the Wanted trophy. I don't want to try to get the Wanted trophy and ruin my chance out of that and platinum. Once I get 5million online on GTA4 I can't go back and I will never get the trophy again. So will I be affected? On a side note I did get .detuned trophies but I bought the game after the glitch was over to test if I can get those trophies.

However the day I logged in PS3 while the bug happened on that day I was still able to log in the network. My 160gb PS3 is CECHP01 is that one of the fat ps3 that was never affected?

Edited by Lord Tony

I don't think you have anything to worry about.

I'd bought the Resi 5 DLC before the apocalyps3. Got no trophies for it then. I did encounter the date glitch, but never tried booting up any game cos I could tell it would be a bit messy :p Yesterday I played my Resi 5 DLC and got 3 trophies for it without any problem or delay. I even sycnhed them just fine.

So I hope you shouldn't worry about it. On the other hand, I'm a bit nervous for the Petrovic trophy cos I was boosting races seconds before the apocalyps3 happened and I'm anxious about whether they are registered or not. I can see the wins are registered on the Social Club site, but are they really?

I got a few trophies in Uncharted 2 on Sunday and did not sync.

On the day of the bug I turned on the PS3, tried to log in and sync - which did not work - and then turned off the system (I did not boot any game or watch my trophy list).

Yesterday I turned on the PS3, as a first step I adjusted the system date (via Internet) and then synced and everything was fine.

Nothing was lost and yesterday evening I also got a few more trophies with another game.

My 160gb PS3 is CECHP01 is that one of the fat ps3 that was never affected?

If you weren't affected....you WEREN'T affected. Which means nothing can happen or could have happened to you before, during, or after the glitch.

On top of all that....it's over. I've earned trophies since and so can you. This whole thing was and continues to be entirely blown out of proportion. It wasn't that big of a deal. You're safe, man. Go play GTA and enjoy each minute of it. I know it's scary with all the pandemonium that was taking place and the fact that it takes soooooooo many games to get to Level 10...but you'll be fine. NOOSE AWAY!

Edited by RedEye420

I am not enjoying each minute of noose.

Haha heard that. If it turns out that you can earn money towards Wanted on the new DLC maybe you should just wait a few weeks and then you can earn money on some new content.

Personally when I was ranking up I had some REALLY cool people to play with and I enjoyed hanging out with them for hours at a time.

the save game is intact. however trophys are affected. i did got dial B for bomb earlier that day. and it wasnt there the next morning.

Basiscly its like this your savegame moves on with or without the trophys.... since mine was minor it wasnt that hard to obtain it again with a older save... but hope non of your poor guys got wanted or whatever. since its online based ... just before the 29/2/2010 bug

the save game is intact. however trophys are affected. i did got dial B for bomb earlier that day. and it wasnt there the next morning.

Basiscly its like this your savegame moves on with or without the trophys.... since mine was minor it wasnt that hard to obtain it again with a older save... but hope non of your poor guys got wanted or whatever. since its online based ... just before the 29/2/2010 bug

MarioMelo had this exact thing happen to him. I haven't heard word yet if he ever got his trophy but he supposedly hit $5,000,000 during the glitch and nothing popped.

i had gotten 5,000,000 the night of the glitch... of course i waited for my trophy chime... nope, never happened... so when they fixed the leap year bug i turned my ps3 on and my gta4 trophies were gone.... so i loaded up gta4 and played one game of NOOSE and ding got my wanted trophy:) and i'm glad i did cause if it didn't i'd probably snap my gta4 disc...

i had gotten 5,000,000 the night of the glitch... of course i waited for my trophy chime... nope, never happened... so when they fixed the leap year bug i turned my ps3 on and my gta4 trophies were gone.... so i loaded up gta4 and played one game of NOOSE and ding got my wanted trophy:) and i'm glad i did cause if it didn't i'd probably snap my gta4 disc...

yeah, I played NHL when this happend and got "Century Play" (to score 100 goals) not as annoying like noose but I've dun that too, anyways I just went online scored a goal and got it again.