Cross-play specifics - in case you had questions.

Deathmagnet

I picked up both versions of this, like the rest of the + subscribers did. I just 100%'d both a short while ago, and here's the specifics on the cross-play of this game.

1. You CAN play against your own self for the "Let's play" trophy (PS3 vs Vita).

2. If you 100% one version, the following trophies will unlock the FIRST TIME you finish a match (I won the one I played, I'm sure it won't matter whether you win or lose):

- Bon Voyage

- Around the world in 20 matches

- Your Excellency

- Master Blaster

- Mr. Perfect

- Owned!

3. The other trophies can be finished up in 2 matches, playing on the Vancouver table (15/20), with the trick ball. The first match, focus on the following trophies:

- Shutout

- Jack of All Trades (the trick shots don't have to score)

- One Man Team

The second match, focus on the others:

- Booby Prize

- From zero to hero

- One Man Team (if you didn't get it the first match)

Doing all this, you will have 100% on the other version in about 5-10 minutes of playing time. That's how simple it is. There are no game saves or anything that need to be transferred, as the cross-play feature automatically has all the data stored on your other device.

Hope this answers any questions and helps out people for the future!

• Like 1

Have you synced your trophies on both units? I installed both versions almost simultaneously. My 5 year old was actually playing the Vita version while I was working on the PS3 version (he managed to get the Booby Prize lol), and I synced everything before I started the Vita trophies. Had no issues.

• 10 months later...
  • 7 years later...
On 1/31/2013 at 1:07 AM, Deathmagnet said:

Doing all this, you will have 100% on the other version in about 5-10 minutes of playing time. That's how simple it is. There are no game saves or anything that need to be transferred, as the cross-play feature automatically has all the data stored on your other device.

Thanks for all the info

• 11 months later...