Final Fight: Double Impact - Road Map and Trophy Guide

14751323597_f4321c52e4_o.png

Credit to Ryukori for this banner.

Overview:

• Estimated trophy difficulty: 4/10 (Trophy Difficulty Rating)
  • Offline trophies: 12 (8(B), 3(S), 1(G))
  • Online trophies: 0
  • Approximate amount of time to 100%: 11-15hrs (Estimated Time to 100%)
  • Minimum number of playthroughs: 5.5
  • Number of missable trophies: 0
  • Glitched trophies: None
  • Does difficulty affect trophies?: No
  • Do trophies stack?: No
  • Do cheat codes disable trophies?: No cheats available.

Introduction:

Final Fight Double Impact contains 2 games. Final Fight and Magic Sword. Both are side-scrolling action games and both are needed for 100%. To make getting the trophies easier, feel free to start a custom game and set the difficulty to easy. All vault items and trophies will still unlock.

Final Fight will require a minimum of 3 playthroughs due to the fact that trophies are needed for completing the game with each player and different items in the vault unlock for different players. Save your game on the level in which you are trying to unlock a specific vault item to avoid another playthrough. Magic Sword requires 2 playthroughs for Anti-Hero and Smashing, plus a little bit more to wrap up vault items.

Walkthrough:

Final Fight

Step 1: Playthrough with Guy or Cody

In this playthrough, you will be focusing on getting the Coin Gobbler trophy, which should also unlock many vault items in the process. Take your time and rack up points. Moving slowly through the game also ensures that fewer enemies will spawn, making crowd control easier. Throws are also useful for crowd control since, during most of the throw animation, you are invulnerable.

Use Guy or Cody so you can utilize the Combo Exploit. In order to use the Combo Exploit with Guy, you will perform 2 backhand punches, quickly turn the other direction so his 3rd combo sequence hits nothing, and quickly turn back to repeat the 2 backhand punches. With Cody, you'll perform 2 jabs, quickly turn the other direction so his punch hits nothing, and then quickly turn back to repeat the 2 jabs. This works the same as Guy's and is equally effective, but slightly more powerful and slower.

Using the combo exploit quickly enough will stun the enemies so they can't do anything. This exploit can be continued indefinitely until you are hit or the enemies lose all their energy. This is extremely useful for all bosses, especially difficult bosses like Sodom so you don't knock him down and cause him to lose one of his katanas and charge you.

Step 2: Playthrough with Haggar

Use Haggar to unlock the time trials in the vault. Haggar is the most powerful and by rushing through the game with him, you should pick up all the time requirements. Since this playthrough isn't going for the least amount of deaths or continues, eat food when your health is full for more points if you still need to unlock point requirements for the vault. Haggar's piledriver is also good for racking up points.

Step 3: Playthrough for Co-op and Trophy Clean Up

Use the last remaining character. If you followed this guide, you'll be using Guy or Cody (whoever you didn't use for the 1st playthrough) to clean up any missing vault items, try for Coin Gobbler again if you missed it the first time, and get the trophy for beating all the levels with that character. Play the entire game with a partner online or offline with a second controller to unlock Final Fighters.

Magic Sword

Step 1: 1st Playthrough in Co-op

Find a partner online or offline to traverse all floors and unlock one of the endings as well as get the Tough Guy trophy. A partner will make getting this trophy easier. If you plan on using a second controller by yourself, you will most likely need 2 separate playthroughs for co-op and Tough Guy.

Step 2: 2nd Playthrough to Unlock Vault Items

This playthrough should be used to unlock the other ending, unlock more vault items, and use most of the warps and secret levels (see the Magic Sword Vault Guide: LINK) Start at Level 5 and then use the Level 7 warp. Use the level 14 warp to skip to 19. Use the level 21 warp to skip to 24. Use the level 28 warp to get the secret levels. Use the level 34 warp to skip to level 36. At level 39, warp to 42.

Step 3: Vault Clean Up

Now you should wrap up the remaining warps and secret levels. Since you missed the Level 17 warp, start at level 13 and get to the Level 17 warp. Start at level 33 to get to level 34 and warp to level 36, then get to level 40 (last warp remaining) and use that warp and get the secret levels.

Edited by Terminator
Guide revisions by Terminator 28/02/2017.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/trophies/346/02.jpg Cody-pendant (B)

Final Fight: Complete all levels with Cody.

Self-explanatory. See Coin Gobbler.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/trophies/346/03.jpg Haggar-ed (B)

Final Fight: Complete all levels with Haggar.

Self-explanatory.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/trophies/346/04.jpg Who's that Guy? (B)

Final Fight: Complete all levels with Guy.

Self-explanatory. See Coin Gobbler.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/trophies/346/06.jpg Final Fighters (B)

Final Fight: Complete all levels in co-op.

Beat all the levels with a partner online or offline with a second controller but make sure the partner joins in on the character select screen and not in the middle of a game. See here for the Boosting thread: LINK

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/trophies/346/08.jpg Sore Thumb (B)

Magic Sword: Complete all levels.

Go through all the levels in the game without warping. See Tough Guy.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/trophies/346/09.jpg Anti Hero (B)

Magic Sword: Decide to take the Black Orb.

At the end of the game, choose "Yes" to take the black orb and become the new dark lord for one of the endings.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/trophies/346/10.jpg Smashing! (B)

Magic Sword: Decide to destroy the Black Orb.

At the end of the game, choose "No" to destroy the black orb for the other heroic ending.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/trophies/346/12.jpg Save the World (B)

Magic Sword: Fight and kill Drokmar.

Simply beat the game. See Tough Guy.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/trophies/346/01.jpg Coin Gobbler (S)

Final Fight: Complete all levels using less than 18 continues.

Finish Final Fight with less than 18 continues. You can keep track of your continues as the final digit in your score reflects the number of continues. For example: If your score ends with a "3" you continued 3 times. It may also mean you have continued 13, 23....103 times, since you naturally score points in the 10th digit throughout the game. Using common sense, you will be able to figure out how many continues applies to you.

It's highly recommended that you use Cody or Guy for this trophy to make good use of their combo exploit. Props to anyone who gets this with Haggar.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/trophies/346/07.jpg Tough Guy (S)

Magic Sword: Complete all levels using less than 18 continues.

This game doesn't let you track your continues as easily as Final Fight but it's also much easier to get this trophy. You do not have to get the secret levels for this trophy but you cannot warp and must go through every single level.

It's best to play through all the levels similarly to a speed run. You will lose health if you try and fight everything on the screen. Only fight what gets in your way to the next floor or what is an immediate threat to you. Everything else can just lag behind. The animation sequence for unlocking the next floor also makes you invincible so once you push up on the controller by the door to get to the next floor, you're safe.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/trophies/346/11.jpg Ninja Skills (S)

Magic Sword: Complete any level without being hit, and without using a Magic Attack.

The first level is easy and it's recommended you try this trophy for this level. The boss on the first level has a very simple pattern where you get fairly close to its face, attack and it just jumps over you. Follow him after it jumps and repeat but be mindful of other enemies in the area.

There are other easy or very short levels and this trophy should pop if you miss getting this on the first level.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/trophies/346/05.jpg Locksmith (G)

Unlock everything in the Vault.

For Final Fight, if you're going for the Coin Gobbler trophy, you should get most of the vault items with the exception of some of the speed trials. It is possible to miss a few if a particular stage gave you a lot of trouble.

For Magic Sword, most of the vault involves secret levels and warps.

If you're going for a specific vault item, I recommend saving the game for that level. If you miss the requirements, exit out and restart the level. This will prevent you from having to go through another playthrough.

It's important to note the notifications on the bottom of the screen regarding vault challenges. It will state if you failed or if a challenge is pending. If you failed, exit out and restart the level. For co-op requirements, paying attention to the notifications is especially important. If the notification for a co-op requirement doesn't appear, restart the game so you don't waste an entire playthrough you thought was in co-op.

See here for a complete list of the Vault unlockables: LINK

Edited by Terminator
Guide revisions by Terminator 28/02/2017.

Final Fight: Vault Guide

Level 1 - Slums: Tier 1

-Beat Damnd

-Complete Slums in under 5:00

-Complete Slums with Cody

-Get 50,000 points in Slums

Level 1 - Slums: Tier 2

-Complete Slums in under 3:40

-Get 100,000 points in Slums

Level 1 - Slums: Tier 3

-Complete Slums in under 2:27

-Get 110,000 points in Slums

Level 2 - Subway: Tier 1

-Beat Sodom

-Complete Subway with Guy

-Complete Subway without using 5 continues

-Complete Subway without losing 9 lives

Level 2 - Subway: Tier 2

-Complete Subway without losing 7 lives

-Complete Subway without using 4 continues

Level 2 - Subway: Tier 3

-Complete Subway without losing 5 lives

-Complete Subway without using 3 continues

-Complete Subway in under 7:30

Level 3 - Westside District: Tier 1

-Beat Edi. E.

-Complete Westside with Haggar

-Complete Westside without losing 12 lives

Level 3 - Westside District: Tier 2

-Complete Westside without losing 9 lives

-Get 100,000 points in Westside

-Complete Westside in coop

Level 3 - Westside District: Tier 3

-Complete Westside without losing 7 lives

-Get 210,000 points in Westside

Level 4 - Industrial Area: Tier 1

-Beat Rolento

-Complete Industrial in under 10:00

-Complete Industrial without using 7 continues

Level 4 - Industrial Area: Tier 2

-Complete Industrial without using 4 continues

-Complete Industrial in under 6:00

-Complete Industrial with Guy

-Complete Industrial in coop

Level 4 - Industrial Area: Tier 3

-Complete Industrial without using 2 continues

-Complete Industrial in under 4:10

Level 5 - Bay Area: Tier 1

-Complete Bay Area with Haggar

-Beat Abigail

-Get 250,000 points in Bay Area

-Complete Bay Area in under 15:00

Level 5 - Bay Area: Tier 2

-Complete Bay Area in under 12:00

-Get 400,000 points in Bay Area

Level 5 - Bay Area: Tier 3

-Complete Bay Area in under 9:00

-Get 545,000 points in Bay Area

Level 6 - Uptown Metro City: Tier 1

-Beat Belger

-Complete Uptown with Cody

-Complete Uptown without losing 30 lives

Level 6 - Uptown Metro City: Tier 2

-Complete Uptown without using 10 continues

-Complete Uptown without using 20 lives

Level 6 - Uptown Metro City: Tier 3

-Complete Uptown without using 7 continues

-Complete Uptown without losing 15 lives

-Complete Uptown in under 10:00

-Get 570,000 points in Uptown (There's a series of columns hiding valuable items right before you get to the last boss. In the middle of these columns, push down and attack to pick up the hidden items. All of these items are valuable jewels and gold that will give you lots of points)

Magic Sword: Vault Guide

General Tier 1

-Complete all levels in coop (Secret levels are not a requirement for this)

-Score 500,000 points on Level 30 (There's a wizard on this level. Attack him and he'll start to summon large rocks. Use your magic by pushing the attack and jump buttons at the same time and all those rocks turn into giant coins. Do this about 7 times and you should have your 500,000)

General Tier 2

-Find and activate all warps (will unlock with Secrets 1 and 2)

-Find all secret levels (will unlock with Secrets 1 and 2)

-Complete any level in under 10 seconds (Just rush through a level. 30 is fairly fast as long as you aren't going for 500,000 points)

General Tier 3

-Complete all 10 secret levels (will unlock with Secrets 1 and 2)

Secrets 1 Tier 1

-Find secret warp set 1

-Complete secret level 1

Secrets 1 Tier 2

-Complete secret level 2

-Complete secret level 3

-Complete secret level 4

Secrets 1 Tier 3

-Complete secret level 5

Secrets 2 Tier 1

-Find secret warp set 2

-Complete secret level 6

Secrets 2 Tier 2

-Complete secret level 7

-Complete secret level 8

-Complete secret level 9

Secrets 2 Tier 3

-Complete secret level 10

To unlock Secrets 1 and 2 in the vault, here is a guide to all the warps.

Level 7: When you first enter, hit the left side of the screen. Enter the door that appears for Level 11

Level 14: Walk past the first ball swinging on a chain and hit the second step by crouching on the first step. Enter the door that appears for Level 19

Level 17: Go all the way to the right. Attack the arch. Enter the door that appears to Level 20

Level 21: From the exit that would take you to the next level, go left and jump off the platform and attack midair. Enter the door that appears for Level 24.

Level 28: Crouch on the first platform above the acid and attack. Enter the door that appears for secret Levels 1-4.

Level 34: Jump and attack the 4th upside down pillar. Enter the door that appears for Level 36.

Level 39: Cross the fire pit and at the first dungeon, turn left and attack the ledge. Enter the door that appears for secret Level 41.

Level 40: Right before the spikes, crouch and attack. Enter the door that appears for Secret levels 5-10

Edited by Terminator
Removed signature.

I just finished an online game with my brother. We both got Coin Gobbler, but he didn't get Who's That Guy? even though I did get Cody-pendant. He just told me all he had to do was replay the first level to get it...probably because I hosted and he technically joined after the level started.

For some reason, NEITHER of us got Final Fighters...perhaps for the same reason? But if so, wouldn't that mean it's actually IMPOSSIBLE to get that Trophy in online co-op? Speaking of which, the game does have an offline mode, and the Trophy doesn't say it has to be online.

EDIT: Confirmed. I loaded the game back up and replayed the first level in local co-op using my second controller, and Final Fighters popped. So it's NOT online-only, and if you want to earn it, you need to be sure that your friend joins before the character select screen times out. Which could be tricky when playing online, since it doesn't last very long.

Edited by Stuffgamer1
Returned to game to confirm facts, then updated info in post.

It's highly recommended that you use Cody or Guy for this trophy to make good use of their combo exploit. Props to anyone who gets this with Haggar, cause I can't see how it can be done.

In that case, props to ME. :cool:

Now granted, I've played Final Fight since I was a child, so I'm "okay good" at it. But I actually find it easier with Haggar than Cody or Guy. You get an ample amount of swords and lead pipes and those weapons are FANTASTIC. Haggar can easily slaughter the big, Chinese guys that run at you (Wong Who enemies) and the giant Andores. The things that will get you in trouble with using Haggar are the BOSSES (except the last one) and the little enemies (Poison and Two P., especially). Don't try and be conservative with his health: if you get surrounded, its better to use Haggar's spin attack than to be smacked around again and again. Lastly, Haggar's grab and suplex attack is AWESOME... try that out against the bigger foes and bosses for some great results.

Sodom (Subway boss) is a BITCH, though... don't be surprised if you surrender 4 or 5 continues against him. Bastard.

Just tested and confirmed that you can do local coop for this game and it doesn't require you to be online.

So for all of you that don't like online trophies, the coop trophies are possible with a buddy or just by yourself using a 2nd controller. :p

Dude thanks. A friend and me tried to figure out how to play level 1 in Final Fight in coop so it would register. Apparenlty its not possible to get this online.... because the game starts before you can invite your friend. And then it doesnt register it anymore.

Dude thanks. A friend and me tried to figure out how to play level 1 in Final Fight in coop so it would register. Apparenlty its not possible to get this online.... because the game starts before you can invite your friend. And then it doesnt register it anymore.

Not true I got mine online. IDK how but my partner invited me during the character select screen then everything fell into place. He must of sent the invite right b4 starting the game or something.

The trophies for beating the game under 18 continues are really easy! This is the easiest way to do it:

- Select Custom Game

- Set it for Local and Difficulty Easy

- Beat the game

On Easy everything is easier (duh) and even on my worst day I can use 10-12 continues to beat the games. That is how I got them.

The trophies for beating the game under 18 continues are really easy! This is the easiest way to do it:

- Select Custom Game

- Set it for Local and Difficulty Easy

- Beat the game

On Easy everything is easier (duh) and even on my worst day I can use 10-12 continues to beat the games. That is how I got them.

Cool. Thanks for confirming.

Does this also unlock items in the vault?

I have another method of how to get de 18 continue trophy, it was an accident and it was (sadly) very easy and lame (i was looking foward to doing this legit) anyway.....

I started the game and i wanted to test the online features, so i pick the "jump in" option and it sent me to a game almost finish, to be precise in the last blue corridor just before the final boss. We beat the boss in the wheel chair and PRESTO, the trophy pop (i picked up Cody and didn't get the trophy for finish the game with him). i continued like 2 times i guess.

I was soo sad LOL. If anyone wants to try this method be my guest.

I tried this with Magic Sword and it didn't work (i don't like this game that much).

Crap. I think my game save or something is bugged when it comes to the co-op trophy for Final Fight.

I played an entire game (I hosted) with BryantMVP24. I needed the Guy completed game trophy as well. My friend and I plow right through the game with little difficulty - though I was laughing my arse off everytime we would kill each other with weapons, LOL - and beat the game. No Guy trophy and no co-op trophy. BryantMVP24 didn't get any trophies either (he was needing co-op plus the Cody trophies). My friend left the PSN for the night and I tried my hand at a 2-player local game with two controllers. Again, I pick Guy and go right through the game and beat it. I could see the green Vault notice that I beat the game with Guy AND the Co-op Vault notice BEHIND it. The Guy trophy unlocked... but no co-op. What could I be doing wrong?

One curious footnote: after the fourth stage (or, if I can't count, the stage before the final stage), I died at the boss with my last life. BryantMVP24 beat the boss at that moment before I had the chance to "Continue" and I had to continue at the start of the final stage. Could that have screwed something up?

One thing I noticed when going for my trophy to beat it with Cody is that I accidentally picked Haggar with a continue. I just stood there and let the enemy kill me and selected Cody next time.

Just that one mistake meant it wouldn't unlock, although vault items unlocked for beating the stage with Cody.

Also, if the continue timer runs out, the game doesn't register it as a full playthrough.

From the very beginning, play only one character and continue with only one character all the way to the end.

If it still doesn't pop, then I'd call it glitched.

This guide started off pretty weak but has improved greatly. It helped me get my 100%. Great work on the Magic Sword secret rooms locations. Thanks

Thanks.

I didn't have 100% when writing it, but I unlocked the vault items on each tier so I could see what I needed to do.

Also when I started writing it, it was geared towards making someone some kind of Final Fight master rather than just getting the trophies.

I definitely had to clean up and trim this guide and am glad it's helping people to get the 100%. :p

Hi guys,

First of all I wanted to outline that it is an excellent guide.Good Job Mate!

The other thing that I want to point out is the fact that the trophies in Final Fight some times are glitched and wouldn't unlock for example: Me and my friend beat the whole game from begining to an end (I was Guy and He was Cody) so after beating the last Boss he received the trophy for beting the game in Co-op and the trophy for beating with Cody.While I did not receive anything!?!?!? It just didnt pop,so there were no trophy and no greenish unlock message in the bottom of the page.

So we decided to start another game I picked Guy again and he picked Haggart.So we beat it,and after the last boss I got the coop trophy and guys trophy and he got nothing.... I think it is really weird.is it just us our have anybody esle seen this?

Another thing that should be mentioned we were playing through internet and in booth instances i sent him private invite.

So what do you guys think about it?

Score 500,000 points on Level 30 (There's a wizard on this level. Attack him and he'll start to summon large rocks. Use your magic by pushing both buttons at the same time and all those rocks turn into giant coins. Do this about 7 times and you should have your 500,000

How do you this, which 2 buttons? I guessed both attack buttons, but when should I press them?

EDIT: press square and x buttons at the same time when the blocks are in the air.

Edited by ruben-fcu