Rate the trophy difficulty...  

461 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty...

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/news/diff_plat_4.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 4.03

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
    Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by Darth_Krid

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You should wait until a few weeks after release date to put up a platinum difficulty poll. Otherwise you'll get people saying "well I'm in chapter two and think it's hard so I voted 10" and stuff.

Dude hes a SuperModerator, he knows what his doing. And if anyone do that he should get some sort of moderation cause the guidelines are pretty clear, you are not supposed to vote until youve played a fair bit of the game (imo they should change it for - do not vote until you have got the platinum).

imo they should change it for - do not vote until you have got the platinum

I don't know, I think it's fine as it is. I mean, if you have what is agreed as the hardest trophy in the game, but are missing ones that are clearly easy but take a long amount of time (Something like killing 30,000 enemies. Easy, just really long), I think you have the right to vote.

Edit: Someone has already gave it a 2... What the hell is wrong with people.

Edited by Tsunami

• 2 weeks later...

In case you don't use any guides or don't immediately train your Optima roles to Level 99 it can be a bit challenging. Not to forget that I don't change Mode to Easy Mode just because it is a bit more difficult. It is not that hard.

Maybe I should also mention that I was in the Final Boss Battle 2 days after I got Final Fantasy XIII-2. First 24 hours, sleeping, continuing, sleeping, continuing ---> Final Boss.

Edited by Cetra

Just got the (P) and am voting 3/10. I rated the original Final Fantasy XIII as a 5/10, and Final Fantasy XIII-2 is significantly easier as well as faster (no more than 60 hours). Next to Last Rebellion, I dare say it is the 2nd easiest J-RPG there is on PS3, it's about on par with Tales of Xillia in terms of both difficulty and time investment.

Just got the (P) and am voting 3/10. I rated the original Final Fantasy XIII as a 5/10, and Final Fantasy XIII-2 is significantly easier as well as faster (no more than 60 hours).

Glad to know. You know, if it took you about 200 hours to platinum ff13, then I guess it woull take me(us) less than 60 hours. I got Platinum for 13 in about 95 hours, and aroudn 80 hours to get all of the X360 achievements.

• 2 weeks later...
Just got the (P) and am voting 3/10. I rated the original Final Fantasy XIII as a 5/10, and Final Fantasy XIII-2 is significantly easier as well as faster (no more than 60 hours). Next to Last Rebellion, I dare say it is the 2nd easiest J-RPG there is on PS3, it's about on par with Tales of Xillia in terms of both difficulty and time investment.

How long did it take you to plat XIII? Took me 93 hours. It took a while to farm the big turtles. You say this one is faster but it honestly looks like there's more stuff to do. The only trophy I'm worried about is 100 consecutive pre-emps.

How long did it take you to plat XIII? Took me 93 hours. It took a while to farm the big turtles. You say this one is faster but it honestly looks like there's more stuff to do. The only trophy I'm worried about is 100 consecutive pre-emps.

My time on XIII was 94 hours and XIII-2 took me 58 hours.

100 consecutive preemptive strikes isn't too bad, but you do need to choose an area with non-aggressive enemies, buckle down and focus for an hour or so... it's grindy. But at least it's not Treasure Hunter (G) grindy. :p

From what I've read in the guide, you CAN go back and refight bosses right? So if I only get 4 stars on a boss fight (and need 5 for the trophy) I can go back later in the game a redo the fight for 5 stars correct? You just need a reversal stone right? How exactly do you come by reversal stones? Do you buy them, find them, or what? If you find them, are there only a limited quantity per area?

From what I've read in the guide, you CAN go back and refight bosses right? So if I only get 4 stars on a boss fight (and need 5 for the trophy) I can go back later in the game a redo the fight for 5 stars correct? You just need a reversal stone right? How exactly do you come by reversal stones? Do you buy them, find them, or what? If you find them, are there only a limited quantity per area?

Yup, you have unlimited attempts at those 5 Star trophies thanks to Time Reversals, which require the Reversal Rock/Stone from the area you want to reverse. There's only 1 Reversal Rock/Stone per area, they're a key item, not a consumable item. Most are found in treasure chests.

If it isn't because of the all-based-on-luck slot machine fragment and some of the Time Labyrinth Puzzles (especially the "clock" ones...), then I personally think that the difficulty level of FF13-2 would be a 1. So, in the end, I voted for a 3.

If it isn't because of the all-based-on-luck slot machine fragment and some of the Time Labyrinth Puzzles (especially the "clock" ones...), then I personally think that the difficulty level of FF13-2 would be a 1. So, in the end, I voted for a 3.

The clock puzzles are not hard once you get it. You just need to know how many fields the arms move. And that is all. It is harder to link the crystal threads of some crystals for the pictures when you need to round around because there is some floorless space. Harder, not really hard.

^

Well, I guess it really depends on the person. I actually had so much trouble at one point that I had to call a friend over to help me out. In the end, we spent like 3 hours at least solving just one stage of the clock puzzle. Also, I actually found the "linking crystals to form a picture" puzzle to be the easiest out of the three, but like I said, I guess it depends on the person.

IMO, the clock puzzles were the hardest, but I can't really even call them "hard" since you have infinite tries to beat them. Like skyfall, I thought the "linking crystals" ones were the easiest, I beat ~80% of those on my first try.

It felt a bit out of place in a Final Fantasy, but those Time Labyrinth puzzles were good fun.

IMO, the clock puzzles were the hardest, but I can't really even call them "hard" since you have infinite tries to beat them. Like skyfall, I thought the "linking crystals" ones were the easiest, I beat ~80% of those on my first try.

It felt a bit out of place in a Final Fantasy, but those Time Labyrinth puzzles were good fun.

Like mentioned, I don't find them hard. I find them harder. That is because of the empty spots. In terms of what the riddle is about the clocks are the "hardest".

I also voted 3, although it could even be a 2. The only thing that bored me to Hell was the Quiz Machines.

The puzzles aren't hard at all, the clock ones are the hardest of them and the link crystals the easiest (and the collect the crystals the most entertaining).

Since this game has a Easy Mode, I believe the trophies related to the battles would be easy to everyone. The QTE is also very easy, with lot of time to answer to the prompted button.

Collect all the fragments is just time consuming, nothing hard to obtain. And the 100 consecutive preemptive battles aren't a issue either, because some areas the monsters don't rush into you (like Oerba) and even so, you can save and reload in case you lose your streak.

• 2 weeks later...