Chat Box

CAchronic420

You after a bright idea trophy already? lol

Are you going to try and integrate some things on our site that you liked on the other?

naw...i just like that chat box to get to know people and say whats up..but if i get a bright idea..tight :p

Edited by CAchronic420

Either way your still stealing ideas.

actually its the forums ideas..they can put it on here if they want..thats why they all have them..they stealing others ideas??? nope cuz its run with the site...Vbulletin..just give it up man

Edited by CAchronic420

actually its the forums ideas..they can put it on here if they want..thats why they all have them..they stealing others ideas??? nope cuz its runned with the site...Vbulletin..just give it up man

Fair enough. It was stupid of me to say that, it's good idea and It'd be pretty sweet too see. My bad I apologize.

Edited by Elementz

I like the idea of the chat box, especially since sony itself has added this feature on the ps3. Why not have it here? My only concern is that posts in threads will go down and people will rely on coming to chat boxes/rooms to find answers. That would turn this site into more of a chat room rather than a forum.

I'm all for the idea of the chat room, but only if we have the spectacular word filter and character limits that Sony has on the PS3 chat rooms. :p

Seriously, I disagree with the idea of a chat box. That's what people have AIM or YIM for*. Plus, it'd be a huge pain to moderate. And like King Boss said, people might not post as much if there is a chat box.

*I would have said MSN as well, but the damn thing never works.

I'm all for the idea of the chat room, but only if we have the spectacular word filter and character limits that Sony has on the PS3 chat rooms. :p

Seriously, I disagree with the idea of a chat box. That's what people have AIM or YIM for*. Plus, it'd be a huge pain to moderate. And like King Boss said, people might not post as much if there is a chat box.

*I would have said MSN as well, but the damn thing never works.

trust me poeple will still post alot...

Maybe it's just me being a n00b to the site still, but I think it would be a lot easier to send a quick chat message to someone, especially since I'm still finding where the pm buttons are, and such. Especially when i've been trying to coordinate with others for the Games You Should Buy lists, a chat would be a thousand times better, and I don't typically use messengers, so pms are my only means of communication. Just my opinion, obviously moderating would be a challenge, but you could just have a mute/report button could you not?

Maybe we could desiginate chat boxes just for boosting. That would make finding partners alot easier. When you go to the chat room everyone you talk to there will currently be online and available. That sounds better than waiting for replies from someone who isn't online.

This.

(character limit)

Maybe we could desiginate chat boxes just for boosting. That would make finding partners alot easier. When you go to the chat room everyone you talk to there will currently be online and available. That sounds better than waiting for replies from someone who isn't online.

That would be a good idea, actually. I find it annoying when I edit a post saying I don't need to boost anymore and new people send me messages to boost that game anyway.