Platinum Difficulty rating threads

paultsmith1980

This has probably already been suggested and if so I apologise and this can be closed....

I am fed up with looking in the (P) difficulty rating threads and seeing post like "I have played this game for 3 hours and it is really easy, I give it a 2" or "The trophies look hard...8". As we all know we should not post in these threads/polls unless you have actually achieved the (P), but this obviously doesn't stop people posting.

My idea therefore is to only allow users to post a rating if the (P) is showing on their MMOS card. This is a bit similar to the platinum clubs...

There should be no minimum post count requirements.

This would work as follows:

1. Users post a thread with a rating ..... I.e I thought it was a 4.... MMOS in SIG.

2. The MMOS is checked. If they have the (P) then the rating is added to the front thread and the post kept, if not the post is deleted and the user sent a PM/VM advising that they need to have platinumed the game before posting.

3. The front thread is managed so that whenever a post is made it is updated to reflect the change is ratings.

Now I know this would mean a lot of work which could outweigh the overall result, and would also require the creation of at least 1 if not 2 new staff members to manage this.... I for one would be happy to do it....

Let me know what you think...

I think it will come back to the same answer which is:

Overall the votes seem to work out correctly. Alot of people will vote honestly and the useless votes will soon count for nothing. The way it works now seems to be fine & it is much more simple doing it this way.

Plus being able to rate the game on the platinum is stupid imo. That shouldn't really have and effect on a vote. For example I haven't got the GTA IV plat vut I only need one more trophy, that trophy is easy it just takes ages & therefore I know what difficulty I can vote for. Same with uncharted 2.

Overall the votes seem to work out correctly. Alot of people will vote honestly and the useless votes will soon count for nothing. The way it works now seems to be fine & it is much more simple doing it this way.

Plus being able to rate the game on the platinum is stupid imo. That shouldn't really have and effect on a vote. For example I haven't got the GTA IV plat vut I only need one more trophy, that trophy is easy it just takes ages & therefore I know what difficulty I can vote for. Same with uncharted 2.

I never considered it that way..... It just annoys me that people vote way too early.... EG Lego Harry Potter has 5/6 votes and I cannot imagine even one of these has the (P) yet....

I understand that the ratings even themselves out, but that is over time. Which does not help a member who wants to check the ratings within the first couple of months after release.

Maybe changing the requirements from instead of having to have the (P) you would need to have at least 75% of the game complete!!!

I understand that the ratings even themselves out, but that is over time. Which does not help a member who wants to check the ratings within the first couple of months after release.

This is very true, and could lure trophy hunters into a false sense of security. It is very annoying to see the honest votes corrupted by the stupid ones, even if they do even themselves out eventually.

Spot on, and that is the case.

Thanks for the suggestion TC, and I understand yours and other members issues with those threads and the voting patterns. In truth as soon as there is a big enough pool of votes the extremem high or low votes do not taint the average.

I would also say that the amount of time & effort required to this would be massive to say the least. Given the amount of votes and the amount of games/threads it would need a large dedicated team and for it to be their sole responsibility. I'm afraid that just isn't possible.

Continue to suggest any further improvements/feedback but this one is a no.

:locked: