My Posts

AUSPUFF

Question for the mods and/or web developers for the site...

How hard would it be to make this link - PS3Trophies.org - Search Results

appear on the little red bar above. In between "New Posts" and "Search".

And perhaps call it "My Posts".

Edit: It would work like the User CP, based on who is logged in.

And the link actually already exists! It's accessed by clicking your name first, that takes you to your user profile, next below your Trophy card in the "Mini Statistics" box click on "Show All Statistics". Once there, It's the first "clickable" option on top, underneath your "Posts stats".

mjc:

You mean the link that (for me) says "Find all posts by mjc0961"? Because that link is like this:

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/search.php?do=finduser&u=3100

Where the "u=3100" is specifically specifying me. If you use it, you should see my posts. Change it to "u=2" and you can see Routine's instead.

me:

Yep that one... that is your user number ... mine I see to be u=20784. It exists already coded for each user on log in. So New Posts are - do=getnew, while the private one is - do=finduser&u=[user#].

mjc:

Oh, right, I see what you're saying. Something already exists to tell that link to put your own user number there, so it should be able to do the same on a link in the top bar.

I know how to use the "subscribed threads" but that only brings me to the very last page of the thread. It's also multiple clicks having to go through the "Quick Links" pop-out menu. If we had "My posts" as a hyperlink on the bar it will be ultra fast AND you don't necessarily have to be "Subscribed" to a thread. I constantly have to delete useless subscriptions like from "boost" or "Rating" threads that tend to get bumped alot.

Another advantage of "My Posts" is that it will bring you right at yout LAST post. Thus making it easy for you to read all the following replies. If you use "My Subscribed threads" you see the last page and you must manualy dig backwards to locate your post and read the new ones after it.

One more,less important advantage is, If the button is on the bar, it will work properly with all of our portable PDA's and Web-enabled mobile phones. IF you like to use those on the go that is... There is no need for a mobile domain. Everything works fine with the exception of pop-out boxes. Therefore on a mobile device is ultra hard [you need to go through 5 pages of loading] to find your posts. If we had this link on the bar, there would be no need for anything else, as I highly doubt people want to make complicated tasks on their phones, other than maybe a quick post here and there, or look up a thread they follow.

Regards

Edit:

It would also make it allot easier on the staff [more than on other members], as you have to/must follow more threads. Just put them in subscriptions, with notifications. And use My Posts just for daily conversing...

or both...

In any case, It would make the Subscriptions filtered out, with only the truly important ones that need to be updated on notice. [Like Announcements, Guides and FAQ's for example].

Edited by AUSPUFF

Not a bad idea, but it's also not terribly difficult to click Search, go to advanced search, put your name in the proper box and go from there.

If there was a link that universally worked to show all of the posts based on the member who clicks on it (meaning if you are logged in as you, it shows your posts, but if you log in as me, the same link shows my posts instead; kind of like one User CP link always goes to the User CP of whoever clicks on it), then I would say put it up there for sure.

If no such link exists, though, it'll take some work, and I'm not sure it would be worth it.

Edited by mjc0961
fuckin' typo goblins!

Yes exactly, It would work like the User CP, based on who is logged in.

And the link actually exists! It's in accessed by clicking your name first, that takes you to your user profile, next below your Trophy card in the "Mini Statistics" box click on "Show All Statistics". Once there, It's the first "clickable" option on top, underneath your "Posts stats".

So I assume it would only be a matter of moving it and renaming the displayed name of the hyperlink.

And before I start seeing posts of the like, it's not about being lazy to click 2 times on "Quick Links" [not directed at you mjc], It's about improvement and ease of use. I've listed the few beneficial points that I truly would love to have.

Edited by AUSPUFF

Yes exactly, It would work like the User CP, based on who is logged in.

And before I start seeing posts of the like, it's not about being lazy to click 2 times on "Quick Links", It's about improvement and ease of use. I've listed the few beneficial points that I truly would love to have.

I didn't mean to imply you were too lazy to do it that way. I was just saying that because getting to that list is only a few clicks away, it might not be seen as a high priority to work out a single link that works for everyone if such a link isn't already in existence.

My apologies if I offended, this was not my intention.

I didn't mean to imply you were too lazy to do it that way. I was just saying that because getting to that list is only a few clicks away, it might not be seen as a high priority to work out a single link that works for everyone if such a link isn't already in existence.

My apologies if I offended, this was not my intention.

No no no lol, this is text chat, don't apologize :) If we were conversing, you'd hear a pleasant intonation. I just wanted to strengthen my point.

:p

And I was editing it while you replied with quote lol, because I realized it could've come out wrong!

Even added an extra sentance in there lol - the link already exists, it's just buried in menus!

Go up re-read it.

Edited by AUSPUFF

Haha, no worries. :cool:

You mean the link that (for me) says "Find all posts by mjc0961"? Because that link is like this:

[noparse]http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/search.php?do=finduser&u=3100[/noparse]

Where the "u=3100" is specifically specifying me. If you use it, you should see my posts. Change it to "u=2" and you can see Routine's instead.

I like this idea. Makes it a lot easier to follow up on discussions.

It would also make it allot easier on the staff [more than on other members], as you have to/must follow more threads. Just put them in subscriptions, with notifications. And use My Posts just for daily conversing...

or both...

In any case, It would make the Subscriptions filtered out, with only the truly important ones that need to be updated on notice. [Like Announcements, Guides and FAQ's for example].

Edited by AUSPUFF

• 2 weeks later...
I had to dig up my old thread from the depths of obscurity but I found it. It's similiar in nature to your idea but the idea itself didn't pick up steam.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/feedback/31473-new-posts-adjustments-personal-member-posting-idea.html

Ha, yea I just read through your thread, they all tried to tell you "use subscriptions" lol... what a joke are those... so inconvenient.

I mean, I know they can do it, The code exists, they modified the top "red bar" and added "Calendar" ... like who the hell uses that? You could have Calendar in your own personal profile page instead and place "My Posts" there.

Having to go back 6 pages trying to find where to read from, where you left off, in your last post in a particular thread is no fun lol [as I was away for over a week].

Yes we could also open our profile in a separate window, then open "my posts" and keep refreshing then right-click the posts in a new tab, but thats not convenient either...

Seriously guys (staff), put some serious though into this.:whistle:

Ha, yea I just read through your thread, they all tried to tell you "use subscriptions" lol... what a joke are those... so inconvenient.

I mean, I know they can do it, The code exists, they modified the top "red bar" and added "Calendar" ... like who the hell uses that? You could have Calendar in your own personal profile page instead and place "My Posts" there.

Having to go back 6 pages trying to find where to read from, where you left off, in your last post in a particular thread is no fun lol [as I was away for over a week].

Yes we could also open our profile in a separate window, then open "my posts" and keep refreshing then right-click the posts in a new tab, but thats not convenient either...

Seriously guys (staff), put some serious though into this.:whistle:

Well I understand where you're coming from. I was very interested in my original idea way back when as well. But there's either a mutual interest in the idea with the Staff or there isn't. In my case, there wasn't, lol.

Perhaps your idea may revitalize the topic, though. :eek:

• 2 weeks later...
I had to dig up my old thread from the depths of obscurity but I found it. It's similiar in nature to your idea but the idea itself didn't pick up steam.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/feedback/31473-new-posts-adjustments-personal-member-posting-idea.html

Wow.... I just realized how much of an asshole I can be sometimes, must have been one those days. For that, you have my apologies Yoshi_Girl...

Now as for this idea (forgive me if this suggestion has already been mentioned), but couldn't you just go to your profile, click on Statistics Tab, then click on Find all posts by user's name, and voila! All your posts (or at least your last 500 or so) listed from most recent to oldest.

It's always worked for me no problem....