Kudos?

mycuccismells

Would you like this option?  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like this option?

• Yes
    • No
    • Undecided

Per mjc's request here is a separate thread to discuss the idea of kudos. This would essentially allow you to "praise" individual posts and recognize that post as being of value. This would allow you to not only recognize someone for posting valuable information, but also allow readers to quickly pick out worthwhile posts to read. Voice your opinions and dont forget to vote in the poll

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this similiar to the "Rep" idea? Here comes mjc

giving himself a bright idea trophy...

I think I was actually the one that brought this up in the rep thread but it could have been someone else. Mjc just said we should make it a separate thread so it didnt get confused with rep. It is similar to rep but you give credit to an individual post rather than to a user. This would make it less of a popularity contest than rep and could actually have some benefit

Is this similiar to the "Rep" idea? Here comes mjc giving himself a bright idea trophy...

It's similar but also very different. And it's not my idea, so even if I could give myself forum awards (I can't), I wouldn't. I just suggested making a separate thread to eliminate confusion, not the idea itself.

But yeah, I rather do like the idea of being able to pick out a post and say "this is a good post." We already have that for threads, so it seems logical that it could work for posts too. So I say yes to kudos.

But still a big fat no to rep. :p

No just when you were looking at a thread you would have the option to kudos each individual post.

Yes but how would Kudos'd (is that a word?) posts stand out. For example if someone went into a 100 post thread for the first time how would they a/ know whether or not it contained any kudos'd posts & b/ quickly find these posts?

See the official playstation forums (Click here)

There is a column next to each thread that says how many kudos it has. There really is no way to quickly find the posts to my knowledge. There may be a way to implement a search function to only search for kudos'd posts but I am not sure. It is pretty easy to scan through the thread quickly and find the posts that have received kudos

Even though the "yes" votes are winning by a landslide, that doesn't hop this to the top of the "stuff to do" list. So even if Webb agrees to add this, we still won't see it for a while.

I dont mind waiting I am just hoping that it gets approved :D

This will be filling the posts/threads with even more rubbish...but ok

What do you mean by this? The kudos box will take up too much space or people will post trash? I dont see either of those becoming a problem

It shouldn't take up that much space if I'm picturing it correctly.

Nope doesnt take up much space at all. See the link I provided above to Sony's forum if you want to see how it can look (post 15). Im sure there are many places it could be placed though

Edited by mycuccismells