Call of Duty: Black Ops - Escalation DLC Trophy Guide and Roadmap

Harry94_

14559701752_0b1db7dd3a_o.png

May thanks to Ryukori for the image

Found this guide via a google search? Not a registered member? Then why not

Join the forum!. Please do not steal/paraphrase this guide and post it on another site. If I find this content posted anywhere but ps3trophies.org then action will be taken. If you see this content posted anywhere else let me or the staff here know. Thanks

Roadmap

Overview:

- Estimated trophy difficulty: 5/10

- Offline: 5 (4 (B) 1 (S) )

- Online: 0

- Approximate amount of time to get all trophies: 5 - 10hrs

- Minimum number of playthroughs needed: Multiple

- Number of missable trophies: None

- Glitched/unobtainable trophies: None

- Do cheat codes disable trophies?: No cheats

- Does difficulty affect trophies?: No

Introduction:

Welcome to the Escalation DLC. The latest game add on for Call of Duty: Black Ops. The new zombie map call of the dead is where the trophies are and believe it or not they're quite difficult, As zombies is entirely luck based and skill based it can be hard for some and easy for others. You also get play as a new set of famous characters from horror films and they are, Danny Trejo (Predators) Robert Englund (Freddy Krueger) Sarah Michelle Gellar (Buffy the Vampire Slayer) Michael Rooker (The Walking Dead).

Step 1

Just keep playing zombies, get used to the map and where the zombies are coming from and where's the best place to stay etc. Try not to attack George as he will only make it harder for you, if he does get angry lead him into the ice water to cool him down and he will stop attacking you. All the zombie trophies are luck based so there's not step by step guide to getting all the trophies. If you happen to get a Scavenger in the random weapon box then get the "Shooting on Location" trophy, or if you happen to get the V-R11 then get the "Stuntman" and "Quiet On The Set" trophies. A really good tip I can give you is at the end of every round try and get a crawler to be left so you can go about getting trophies without hundreds of zombies attacking you. Good luck and I hope this guide helps!

Edited by Dark_Phantom_89
Updating guide banner image

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/344/56.jpg Stand-In (B)

In Call of the Dead, send the crew to paradise in solo or co-op.

As there are quite a lot of tasks to complete before you can get this trophy, make this trophy be one of the last ones you get as you really need to know the map well to be able to find things. This doesn't have the same tasks as doing it in co-op so refer to the video below if you're doing it in solo. Also do the tasks when there are no zombies around (apart from one crawler), that way it will make things much easier to do. This trophy is a lot easier if you have co-op partners, you still get this trophy if you do it in co-op. It's hard to explain in writing and took me and my friend on the 360 about 2hrs to do this. This is the video we used and we found it extremely helpful. Here are the steps you need to take:

1. Turn on the power

2. Go to the room in which the crew are locked in

3. Get the fuse

4. Destroy the 4 generators

5. Activate the fog horn in the boat

6. Use the VR-11 in the lighthouse to send zombie up

7. Kill zombie/human while it's going up the light

8. Collect golden rod

9. Put the rod into the tube to the left of the door

10. Knife the fuse box when prompted

All actions are done using :square:

Video Credit to Roosterteeth

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/344/57.jpg Ensemble Cast (S)

In Call of the Dead, send the crew to paradise in co-op

As there's quite a lot of tasks to complete before you can get this trophy, make this trophy be one of the last ones you get as you really need to know the map well to be able to find things. For a co-op partner/s go to the http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/escalation-map-pack/110899-trophy-boosting-thread.html Refer to the video below. Also do the tasks when there are no zombies around (apart from one crawler), that way it will make things much easier to do. Me and my friend on the 360 found this the most frustrating of all, there are too many tasks and with George walking around it doesn't make things any easier. This is the video we used and we found it extremely helpful.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/344/58.jpg Stuntman (B)

In Call of the Dead, make a zombie explode using the V-R11.

The V-R11 is a new weapon in the Escalation DLC and is found in the Random Weapon Box. It has the ability to turn zombies into real people that just run around and eventually die. To get this trophy you will first want to Pack-A-Punch it to get the upgraded version, shoot a zombie about 3 times and he will explode, the trophy should pop shortly after. If you want a second opinion refer to the video below the "Shooting on Location" trophy. If you're having trouble finding the pack-a-punch machine:

• The Pack-A-Punch machine only appears once the power has been turned on
  • It can be in three different places, Next to the Quick revive, on the other side of the lighthouse and under the boat, all of which are ice water
  • The PAP machine will only appear when the lighthouse light is shining down on the location.
  • You will know when lighthouse starts shiny down on the machine when there's a sort of thunder flash across the screen
  • The machine constantly moves about

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/344/59.jpg Shooting on Location (B)

In Call of the Dead, kill 10 zombies with one Scavenger shot from over 100 feet away.

The Scavenger is a new Sniper Rifle in the escalation DLC which is again obtained through the random weapon box. It shoots exploding bullets which explode after roughly 3 seconds. To get this trophy you will want to do pretty much the same as you did to get the "Sacrificial Lamb" trophy in the main game. Round up 10+ Zombies, make sure you far away from them and when your ready shoot one of them, there will be a huge explosion and the trophy will pop if you managed to kill 10 of them. Try do this this on the earlier rounds because it gets harder to kill the zombies as you progress. The best place to do this is to round up 10 crawlers where you start off and then quickly run all the way up to lighthouse, go up the lighthouse steps then shoot the crawlers. You can do the same thing in CO-OP, just have another play round up 10 zombies down the bottom and shoot them from the same place. If you want a second opinion refer to the video below:

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/344/60.jpg Quiet on the Set (B)

In Call of the Dead, cut the lights on the Director.

This trophy requires you to kill George (the massive zombie holding a stage light) you also don't exactly kill him; he comes back after a few rounds. Firstly you will want an upgraded Scavenger as this deals the most damage to him, you can have a ray gun as you secondary or a V-R11. It takes a HELL of a lot of ammo to kill him, make sure when you’re attacking him he's in the ice water so he doesn't start charging at you. You will want to do this in the earlier rounds.

Killing Romero is a lot easier if you do it on solo, I killed him by round 5 as I got lucky with the random weapon box and got the scavenger. I also got a death machine perk from a random zombie which made it so much easier to kill him. I DIDN'T upgrade the scavenger, I just used all the rounds on him and then started using a ray gun. First thing you will want to do:

• Make sure the random weapon box is by the lighthouse (you can see the blue light)
  • Open the boat which costs 750 to access the lighthouse
  • keep trying to get the scavenger out of the random weapon box
  • Kill him down at the start in the water so he doesn't go crazy
  • You will be able to tell when he's dying as his stage light flickers blue and yellow

Credit to doug-e-freh2435

Edited by Terminator
Unembedded the videos and remvoed some redundant formatting.

Seems a little too soon to have a guide. Unless, of course, you played and got all of the achievements on the 360...

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/344/ock.jpgQuiet on the Set

In Call of the Dead, cut the lights on the Director.

This trophy requires you to kill George (the massive zombie holding a stage light) you also don't exactly kill him; he comes back after a few rounds. Firstly you will want an upgraded Scavenger as this deals the most damage to him, you can have a ray gun as you secondary or a V-R11. It takes a HELL of a lot of ammo to kill him, make sure when you’re attacking him he's in the ice water so he doesn't start charging at you.

You may want to mention that it's a good idea to do this in the early rounds since George gets harder to take down once you get into the latter rounds.

Seems a little too soon to have a guide. Unless, of course, you played and got all of the achievements on the 360...

You may want to mention that it's a good idea to do this in the early rounds since George gets harder to take down once you get into the latter rounds.

will do, What is the default font?

EDIT: I collected all the achievements at a friends house

Edited by Harry94_

Harry you need to have played the game on the PS3 and under your profile. When you can show you have a majority of the trophies on your profile we can reopen your guide. If you have questions you can refer to the guide/roadmap FAQ's or send myself or another member of the guide team a message.

Thank you

Edit: reopened - OP has met requirements

Edited by Tuffinz

Trophy icons are now in the guide, the ones on the eu.playstaion.com website where really small so i resized them to 64 x 64 and there now on my photobucket.

EDIT: Do i have to post the icons and the guide in the "Submit" forum now?

Submited

Edited by Harry94_

If I'm playing online im really bad too, there's just never any good communication. Your best off get the trophies in split screen.

I'll change the font colour for you when I get home as I'm on my phone ATM

Oh you don't need to change for me. Some people prefer black. I can view the main version when I need to. As for split screen...I am not a fan of that either. I have a widescreen TV and it looks terrible when in split screen mode.

If I'm playing online im really bad too, there's just never any good communication. Your best off get the trophies in split screen.

I'll change the font colour for you when I get home as I'm on my phone ATM

Try to meet some people here, who have the same goal as you. We did it, and it worked perfectly fine...

Try to meet some people here, who have the same goal as you. We did it, and it worked perfectly fine...

I did them in split screen, what I meant was some people have really bad mic's and I can't here what their saying. I much prefer being able to talk to somebody who's right beside me.

CMH777, Mogile and Myself were trophy hunting, About round 4 mogile times out. oh yeah with the VR-11. CM and myself just finished the locker combos. so we decided to continue on, with only a 1000 I hit the box not wanting to start a new round and what do you know I get the vr11. with that said im proud to say we got the trophy... oh btw I lost track of George because of the catapult so as CM was putting the golden rod in, guess who is downstairs with him? yup, George..Nice skills CM..