FAQ: Disgaea 3 online references

Ehou

*moved from Class advancement/tier guide? thread, to support relevant replies and a new titler. Enjoy!

There are three "Must Have" guides online for starting and progressing through Disgaea 3:

1) Trophy Guide by Lonesheep (on ps3trophies.org)

2) Disgaea 3: Absence of Justice - Walkthough/Leveling Guide (quality gamefaq by Aerius, below in snippets)

3) Level 1 - 9999 Comprehensive FAQ *Spoiler Free* (on the gamefaq message boards)

^^ These guides are essential for getting the most out of Disgaea 3. The third guide is very dense (see: wall of text) but don't stress about it. You can safely ignore the third guide until you start feeling comfortable with the game itself and are approaching stage 7.3, which is the first major level farming stage

Also, a couple more guides I found particularly useful:

4) Character Guide by Uiru (on gamefaqs.com)

5) Item Rank Chart (PNG) by LordGarvar (on gamefaqs.com)

Here are some sample snippets from the Disgaea 3: Absence of Justice - Walkthough/Leveling Guide (#2 above), regarding the Character Classes Section (5.7):

[begin snippet]

5.7 Character Classes [REF5700]

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

To summarize the different classes, I have listed the unlocking requirements

and tier progression requirements for each class. As an example, any

character that belongs to a default class will have the following tier

progression structure:

Tier 1 - meet prerequisites and pass the appropriate topic if applicable

Tier 2 - level up a tier 1 character to Lv15

Tier 3 - level up a tier 2 character to Lv40

Tier 4 - level up a tier 3 character to Lv80

Tier 5 - level up a tier 4 character to Lv160

Tier 6 - level up a tier 5 character to Lv360

[snip, snip]

Masked Hero (Lv45 Gunner/Gunslinger and Thief) - 50 / 110 / 220 / 440 / 880

Chaos Soldier (be on 2nd cycle or higher) - 80 / 180 / 360 / 720 / 1440

[end snippet]

^^ See the guide in its entirety for it's full contents. Reasonably good if you're looking how to make a Cheerleader (Idol), a Female Ninja, Masked Hero, etc. Great guide in general, props to this guy.

A word of warning for trophy hunters, regarding Disgaea 3:

keep in mind that while this is a great game (the crowning achievement of Nippon Ichi Software, imo), the majority of trophies are VERY TIME CONSUMING. Even using the guides above you can expect to get at most 12-13% of game completion via simple bronze trophies during the first 20hrs. Then, you're looking at a dry spell of power leveling and reincarnation/itemworld/classworld/etc for an additional 40-60hrs+ before you start seeing any more Trophies whatsoever. Killing the Baal Pirates and doing a level 1-100 run of Land of Carnage will take significantly more time.

Getting a plat (from scratch) takes upwards of 150hrs+ (in average). It took me ~172hrs as a point of reference, 10 of which were probably just for the Consult Your Physician trophy.

Disgaea 3 is serious business, there are no shortcuts. Unlike most games, the massive depth of Disgaea 3 is actually matched by its breadth. There's a mind numbingly large amount of content here if you're willing. And it's very good.

For it's length and complexity - folks who have Plat'd this game have my sincere adulations. UPDATED: Also, grats me. :)

While there are more guides/faqs available online (including this forum on ps3trophies.org), the three core guides at the top of this post will be some of the most useful on your 150hr+ journey. the two bonus ones will be of more use to you the further along you get.

Cheers,

-Ehou

Edited by Ehou

• 1 year later...

I know this game is so old, but I just got it... I'm not sure why but the answer above seems to be the common answer found across the internet but it's not correct. That is the generic leveling for classes, but not for all human classes. Here's the link to the wiki for the knights, just as an example:

Magic Knight (Disgaea 3) - The Disgaea Wiki - The knowledge of 1000 Netherworlds combined, dood

The Magic Knight Class

Teir 2 = Lvl 30

Teir 3 = Lvl 70

Teir 4 = Lvl 140

Teir 5 = Lvl 280

Teir 6 = Lvl 560

I'm sure that plenty of people have noticed this but no one seems to have said anything about it on here or the gamefaqs forum, except one guy who showed the math for the leveling. Sumthing like

Tier 3: (Lv needed to reach T2)*2 + 10

Tier 4: (Lv needed to reach T3)*2

Tier 5: (Lv needed to reach T4)*2

Tier 6: (Lv needed to reach T5)*2

Just for the people playing through the first time... this game is really confusing if your just playing this series for the first time and it's good to have accurate information.