The Art of Conversation - Guide

Arensan

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/1935/034.jpg

The Art of Conversation http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/site/icons/trophy_bronze.png

Complete all the main character, follower, and artisan conversation challenges.

SPOILER WARNING This guide has alot of spoilers!

This is my first guide, please leave feedback and constructive critism, have fun and good luck with the trophy.

Slight glitch: There seems to be some kind of lag issue, where it seems like you didnt get the conversation if you look at your achivement menu, but it should pop up 5-10 sec later. Be sure to check if it’s ticked off, if this doenst help try to not skip the conversation and listen to it fully.

I will list the conversations you can get sorted by Act and Quest, so make sure to check if you have gotten them all before moving on. This is very important as sometimes you will continue on with the story without having to go back to town.

Most conversations can be taken at a later point, but some are quest crucial and can dissappear if you continue the story for too long. Some other few needs you to take detours that you might not think off.

The number represents how many conversations are avalible at that quest, if there is something special to be noted is marked with an asterisk (*)

Followers: are the Templar, Scoundrel and Enchantress that you can recruit on your way. Their conversations are easy, as they do not disspear between quest or acts. In theory you can get em all on the last quest in act 4. Important note is that you cannot have the follower in your party if you want to have the conversation.

Artisans: These are the Blacksmith and Jeweler you gain through Act I and II. These have some special requirements sometimes, especially Shen the Jeweler, who you need to take back to Act I after you recruited him in Act II. The Blacksmith also have one of the most missed conversations in the game.

Main Characters: This will cover the conversations of Leah, Cain, Tyreal and Adria. Like before, there will sometimes be some extraordinary requirements, but these will be explained in detail.

Act I:

Quest 1 The Fallen Star

Followers: 3* (All of these requires you to either start a game on this quest, after you have recruited all 3 followers, or to do it on Nightmare difficulty.)

Templar: 1

"Becoming a Templar"

Enchantress: 1

"A Lost Age"

Scoundrel: 1

"Lyndon's Origins"

Artisans: 1* (The same applies to this quest as for the Followers. You need to start a game on this quest after you have recruited him. Alternatively you can get this on Nightmare difficulty as you will start with the blacksmith in town from the beginning.)

Blacksmith: 1

"New Tristham" (Only avalible during this quest!)

Main Characters: 0

Quest 2 - The Legacy of Cain

Followers: 0

Artisans: 2*

Blacksmith: 2

"Cain's Disappearance" (Only available during this quest, and must be taken care off BEFORE rescuing Cain and thereby finishing the quest.)

IMPORTANT! - "The Weary Blacksmith" (Perhaps the most easiest missed conversation in the game. This is not hard but can be easily overlooked. AFTER you rescued Cain and he teleports back to town, talk to Leah to complete the quest. DO NOT talk to Cain to start the next quest.

Instead go a bit north and on the corner after the merchant, the blacksmith will stand, giving you this ONE opportunity to get this conversation. It will dissappear if you continue on with quest number 3.)

Main Characters: 2*

Leah: 2

"Tristham",

"Adria's Death" - (After you find the hidden cellar, you will encounter a miniboss, defeat the boss and then talk to Leah, important that you do this now as these conversations disappears over the next few quests.)

Quest 3 - A Shattered Crown

Artisans: 5* (For the Jeweler's conversations in all of act I and start of act II, you will need to start a game on the particulary quest at the latest, after you have recruited him. Alternatively you can get this on Nightmare difficulty as you will start with the Jeweler from the beginning.)

"Haedrig's Grandfather" - (Becomes avalible after helping him kill Mira.)

Jeweler: 4

"Tell Me About Yourself"

"The Restless Dead"

"Deckard Cain"

"Jewels" (Only avalible during this quest, this may require you to progress to the next point in the quest called "Northwest gate", after helping Haedrig kill Mira.)

Main Characters: 5

Cain: 4

"Who Are You?"

"Prophecy of the End Days"

"Your Adopted Niece"

"Mad King Leoric"

Leah: 1

"Life with Cain"

Quest 4 - Reign of the Black King

Artisans: 2

"Mira Eamon"

Jeweler: 1

"King Leoric" (Only avalible during this quest!)

Quest 5 - Sword of the Stranger

Artisans: 1

"The Fallen Star" (Only avalible during this quest!)

Main Characters: 2*

Cain: 1

"The Archangel Tyreal" (There is another conversation called "The Mysterious Stranger, this is NOT needed for the achivement.)

Tyreal: 1

"Vanished Memories"

Quest 6 - The Broken Blade

Followers: 1

"Sins"

"The World"

Main Characters: 7*

Cain: 5

"The Horadrim" (This is avalible at the start of this quest, only avalible during this quest!)

"Origins of the Coven" (This is avalible at the start of this quest, only avalible during this quest!)

"The Worldstone" (Read Note)

"Destruction of the Worldstone" (Read Note)

"Leah and Cain's Travels" (Read Note)

(These are all avalible at the end of this quest, DO not talk to Tyreal to progress the story, instead talk to Cain as this is your last chance. After you get these conversations, you should be done with Cain and "Stay Awile and Listen" should be unlocked.)

"Leah's Childhood" (After speaking with Cain, talk to Leah.)

Tyrael: 1

"The Sword"

Quest 7 - The Doom in Wortham

"The Unrepentant Rogue"

"Haedrig's Father"

"Dark Visions"

Main Characters: 1

"The Mysterious Coven"

Quest 8 - Trailing the Coven

Followers: 2

"Initiation"

"Kingsport Fighting"

"Grieving"

"Leah's Power"

Quest 9 - The Imprisoned Angel

"Lessons"

"Sticky Fingers"

"The Stranger"

Quest 10 - Return to New Tristram

"Difficult Decisions"

"Fate of Haedrig's Father"

"The Journey Ahead"

"The Lords of Hell"

Edited by Arensan

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Act II:

Quest 1 - Shadows in the Desert

"Eirena's Journey"

Artisans: 5*

"Returning to Caldeum"

Jeweler: 4

"A Mysterious Rumor"

"The Desert Heat"

"A Special Jewel" (This will unlock "A Case of Mistaken Identity")

"A Case of Mistaken Identity" (This conversation also gives you the journal "The Legend of Zei the Trickster".)

Quest 2 - The Road to Alcarnus

Followers: 3

Templar: 2

"Seeking the Truth" (This will unlock "A Dangerous Journal")

"A Dangerous Journal"

"Blood Ties"

"Changes in the City"

Quest 3 - City of Blood

"The Unanticipated"

"Brothers Divided"

Artisans: 0

Quest 4 - A Royal Audience

"Confronting Fears"

"Meeting Mira"

"Caldeum"

Main Characters: 4

Tyrael: 4

"About Your Fall"

"About Caldeum"

"Refugees in Caldeum"

"Corruption"

Quest 5 - Unexpected Allies

"Missing Pieces"

"The Guard's Fate"

Main Characters: 2

Tyrael: 2

"Destruction of Mount Arreat" (Unlocks "The Last Twenty Years")

"The Last Twenty Years"

Quest 6 - Betrayer of the Horadrim

"About Mira"

"Zolton Kulle"

Main Characters: 6

Adria: 5

"Adria and Cain"

"The Mad Wizard" (Unlocks "Tyrael's Warning"

"Tyrael's Warning"

"Leah's Birth"

"Adria's Capture"

"Zoltun Kulle's Death"

Quest 7 - Blood and Sand

"The Prophecy Broken"

"First Love"

"The Vecin"

"Legends and Myth"

Main Characters: 3

Adria: 3

"Motives"

"Your Daughter"

"Belial and the Soulstone"

"The Lord of Lies"

Quest 8 - The Black Soulstone

"The Past Revealed"

"Ancient Secrets"

"Going to Tristram"

"The Jewel's Price"

Main Characters: 6*

Adria: 4

"Magic"

"The Price of Victory" (Read Note)

"Adria's Quest" (Read Note)

"Ensnaring Belial" (Read Note)

IMPORTANT! (Avalible after you complete this quest, but disappears when you start the next quest. Do not talk to Leah but instead talk to Adria)

Leah:2*

"About Adria" (IMPORTANT, talk to Leah before you find the archives of Zolton Kulle, this must be completed in the beginning of the quest)

"The Archives" (Don't go into the 2 sub-zones, talk to her after finding the Archives of Zolton Kulle, she will be standing near the Terminus in the archives)

Quest 9 - The Scouring of Caldeum

"The Black Soulstone"

"Rembering Deckard"

Quest 10 - Lord of Lies

Followers: 1*

"The First Memories" (Avalible after Killing Belial in this quest, can be done in Act III)

Artisans: 1*

"Caldeum After Belial" (Avalible after Killing Belial in this quest, can be done in Act III)

Edited by Arensan

Act III:

Quest 1 - The Siege of Bastion's Keep

"The Torn Page"

"The Vizjerei Lord"

"The Thief's Secret"

Artisans: 4

Blacksmith: 2

"Bastion's Keep"

"The Future"

Jeweler: 2

"The Frozen North"

"Memories"

Main Characters: 8

"Soulstone Instability"

"Concern"

Adria: 1

"Azmodan"

Tyrael: 5* (When you start this quest you will start on a Watchtower where Tyrael will be present.)

"A Lost Opportunity" (Unlocks "Guilt" - Only Avalible during this quest)

"Guilt" (Only Avalible during this quest)

"Kulle's Black Soulstone" (Unlocks "The Flawed Stone")

"The Flawed Stone"

"Human Knowledge"

Quest 2 - Turning the Tide

"The Templar's Research"

"Raising the Catapults" (It easy to miss, you need to go back to town after you get this quest, only avalible on this quest)

"More Memories"

Main Characters: 4

"Hopes" (Unlocks "Dreams")

"Dreams" (After you get these conversations, you should be done with Leah and "More Than Stories" should be unlocked.)

Suffering

"The Thrill of Battle"

Quest 3 - The Breached Keep

Main Characters: 2

"The Battle of the Diamond Gates"

"Tyrael's Command" (Avalible after you kill the 3 demons that spawn)

Quest 4 - Tremors in the Stone

"The Scoundrel's Wealth"

"The Final Goal" (Only avalible during this quest!)

"Hard Questions"

Quest 5 - Machines of War

"A Sacred Pact"

"Tide of Battle" (Only avalible during this quest!)

"The Battlefields"

"The War's End" (After you get these conversations, you should be done with Adria and "Bewitched" should be unlocked.)

"The Eternal Conflict" (Unlocks "The Creation of the World")

"The Creation of the World"

Quest 6 - Siegebreaker

"Nerves"

"The Nature of the Jewel"

Quest 7 - Heart of Sin

Templar: 2

"The Truth"

"Secrets of the Tome"

"Brotherly Love"

Artisans: 2*

"Haedrig's Sorrow" (Avalible after you kill Azmodan, can be done in Act IV)

"The End" (Only avalible during this quest!)

Act IV:

Quest 1 - Fall of the High Heavens

Followers: 7

Templar: 3

"The Templar's Lesson"

"Adria's Betrayal"

"Shadows of the Coven" (After you get these conversations, you should be done with the Templar and "For the Order" should be unlocked.)

Enchantress: 2

"Leah's Fate"

"A Lost Friend"

Scoundrel: 2

"A Dark Outlook"

"A Lost Family"

Artisans: 3

Jeweler: 3

"The Hunt Continues"

"Hope"

"A Dark Day"

Tyrael: 3 (When you start this quest you will see a lightblue portal called "The Diamond Gates" Tyrael will be there)

"Heaven's fall" (Only avalible during this quest!)

"Adria's Treachery" (Only avalible during this quest!)

"The Dark Wanderer" (Only avalible during this quest!)

Quest 2 - The Light of Hope

"The Dying Angel"

"Leah's Soul"

[B]

Main Characters: 0[/b]

Quest 3 - Beneath the Spire

"A Hidden Legacy" (After you get this conversation, you should be done with the Enchantress and "Secrets of the Ages" should be unlocked.)

Artisans: 3

"An Apology" ( After you get this conversation, you should be done with the Blacksmith and "Hassling Haedrig" should be unlocked.)

"God or Man"

"Ruin and Corruption"

Quest 4 - Prime Evil

"A Final Gift" (After you get this conversation, you should be done with the Scoundrel and "To Catch A Thief" should be unlocked.)

"The Lord of Terror"

"Victory" (Townportal back to town after killing Diablo, after you get this conversation, you should be done with the Jeweler and "Everybody Loves Shen" should be unlocked.)

Main Characters: 5

Tyrael: 5 (He will now be present at "The Pinnacle of Heaven")

"The High Heavens"

"Leah's Spirit"

"Malthael"

"Malthael's Fate"

"The Prime Evil" (After you get these conversations, you should be done with Tyrael and "It's Just Us" should be unlocked.)

Edited by Arensan

Very helpful, well laid out and organized. Just one problem.

"The Lord of Terror" ( After you get this conversation, you should be done with the Jeweler and "Everybody Loves Shen" should be unlocked.)

This is not Shen's last conversation. He has one labeled "Victory", which can only be gotten after you beat Diablo, before you complete the quest (and thus end the game). You have to use town portal to return to Bastion's Keep and talk to him.

This is not Shen's last conversation. He has one labeled "Victory", which can only be gotten after you beat Diablo, before you complete the quest (and thus end the game). You have to use town portal to return to Bastion's Keep and talk to him.

Thank you, i don't know how I missed that. I remember i saw it, and instantly thought that this conversation would only be avalible after defeating Diablo. Thank you for pointing it out!

We actually did write this down while we wrote the guide, i just think Arensan forgot to add it in the end since it was the very last conversation we got with Shen as well. He is having some Internet problems atm and will add it as soon as he gets back online.

What a shitty trophy. Went through everything, trophy didn't pop. Checked the challenges tab and each one had only recognized me talking to a few of them despite all the dialogue choices being greyed out and the star above their head disappearing...

Now I have to go through one by one to make sure I get them all. Be warned, it's kinda glitchy.

What a shitty trophy. Went through everything, trophy didn't pop. Checked the challenges tab and each one had only recognized me talking to a few of them despite all the dialogue choices being greyed out and the star above their head disappearing...

Now I have to go through one by one to make sure I get them all. Be warned, it's kinda glitchy.

Slight glitch: There seems to be some kind of lag issue, where it seems like you didnt get the conversation if you look at your achivement menu, but it should pop up 5-10 sec later. Be sure to check if it’s ticked off, if this doenst help try to not skip the conversation and listen to it fully.

It's even written in the top of the guide :think:

Oh, here's a small tip. On the slight glitch, getting the check marks to appear. I found that the easiest way to get them to appear is to have a different conversation. Like, talk to them again but pick a different topic and skip through it. If that makes sense.

good guide :)

I might be pointing out the obvious here, but could be worth mentioning that if you miss out a conversation opportunity, you can always quit to the title screen, and select the appropriate quest... instead of leaving that conversation for subsequent playthroughs.

only downside to that tip, is that some conversations only pop up at end of a quest, in that case you'll need to replay until that point.

Thanks for the guide, very helpful. I will also share my glitch experience in case it helps someone else. The only one I was missing was "The Weary Blacksmith" (i.e. the easily missable one in Act I). However, my challenge log said I had listened to that one and was missing "Haedrig's Grandfather", even though that wasn't true.

I had the blue asterisk for WB, and a grey title for HG, but I still got nothing for WB and had to listen to HG again before the challenge popped. So the lesson -- listen to your challenge log, and not the truth! :)

so the conversation saves right? i can just talk to em on the necessary quest and then when im done, quit and then go to other quest? or does this require me to play from the beginning to end using this guide

As soon as you have talked to the people you need, check if the convrsation is ticked off in the challenge menu. Then you can simply quit the game and enter a new one to continue another conversation. Hope this helps:)

Great Guide, thanks!

But the conversation with Leah "The Archives" have to be done in "The Black Soulstone", not the quest after that

That was a brain fart of epic proporsions, i even said you should not go down the 2 subzones, thanks for the feedback :).