"Cloak & Dagger" quest bug / workaround.

PratikH

When doing the part of C&D quest where you have to go to the apartment and stun Double-T and take out his gang members, sometimes there will be a gang member there who does not spawn. You'll have everything completed in the quest except for that part because the guy simply is not there. Be on the lookout for a guy who is supposed to walk back and forth from the kitchen to the sofa where two other guys are watching TV. If that guy is not there, then it's bugged. All is not lost though.

You'll know this because the next objective will show as above you no matter where you are and will not appear on any building's map or the city map. I went to the LIMB clinic and then went back to the apartment and found the guy there. After stunning him with a punch across his face, the objective completed and I could go on to the final parts of the quest and finally finish it. I've heard of people going to Sarif Industries instead of the LIMB Clinic, and that making the guy in the apartment kitchen spawn.

I think I ran around Detroit for two hours looking for the last guy to take out, and even cleared out all of Derelict Row (thinking that they counted as part of Double-T's gang), all without being noticed by hostiles.

Oh well... guess it was good training for Batman AC when that comes out in five weeks.

Edited by PratikH

I've decided to skip this one. First, the guy didn't spawn. Then even after I cleared everyone out non-lethally, one of them had skulls instead of Zzzs. I am not gonna let one side-quest ruin my perfect playthrough [Ghost and no kills, no cloak - so far at least].

I've kept a save here and backed it up on cloud. Will use it later if feel like to start my second run.

• 2 months later...

Managed to suss this one out thanks to a google search to a youtube video.

I went back to an earlier save to see if it would help but the problem still occured but this time the 6th guy was on top of a roof some distance away, did a search about it and this video popped up.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqeS13_YMck]Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Cloak and Daggers Bug & Workaround - YouTube[/ame]

If you don't already have it the sniper rifle can be found on the petrol station roof (ORON) and to get up there use the ladders behind the billboard next to the LIMB clinic and there should be a door. Use code 8982 on said door (don't usually condone cheating but felt I was cheated by this glitch so what the heck). Once inside there should be an open window, go through this and drop onto the garage roof, the sniper rifle is in a vent on the roof.

Shooting up at the roof worked first time for me, can now enjoy this game and hopefully not bump into anymore annoying glitches along the way.

Edited by brfcben

• 2 months later...

Was going to attempt the Sniper solution even though I'm seeking the "Pacificist". I figured I could reload after I get "The Take" and "Cloak & Dagger" and continue the non-lethal aftewards.

But the game threw an extra twist into the mix. The last MCB gang member (6th)wasn't on the roof or in the skyscraper on the skyline, but was shown somewhere high in the atmosphere above the skyscraper. No matter how I aimed with the Sniper Rifle, I could not kill the 6th MCB gang member and, thus, could not complete the quest.

But I did find a solution. I loaded the gamesave I had right before talking to O'Malley in the alley next to the police station. Had the interaction with O'Malley, then immediately went to the alley next to my apartment and got the Crossbow(murder weapon), then proceeded to visit my apartment, L.I.M.B.(talked to the receptionist) and Sarif Headquarters(my office). After all these stops, I went to the MCB gang hideout and lo and behold the 6th gang member was there and I was able to complete "Cloak & Dagger" and "The Take" normally. Oh, and wait until you finish the MCB gang hideout before going after the Weapons Stash.

Whether I just got lucky or there are certain locations that correctly activate the quest, don't give up, best to run to all of the locations mentioned above and keep trying. It will eventually activate.