My Leifang survival guide

Capcom Juri Han

My Leifang Survival Guide

Why Leifang for survival?

I have found Leifang to a be top tier survival character for nearly a few things I felt.

1.) Her 1 P+K is faster than Ryu's or any other I seen for charge attack moves. It has a fast frame execution or pretty good one I may add. The recovery is also descent or good. I'm not gonna say safe. But lets just say if they block it and you're about 2 or 2 1/2 steps or so afterwards... They will have a hard time going for a throw or punishing you, if you are quick to go defensive a bit. It pushes back a bit the enemy if I recall upon block.

2.) Her 1 P+K guessing game can be played by mostly two ways. A quick strong punish poke or a charge bait strong blow move. Knowing your enemy or what type he/she is, is a key to knowing what game should be played by her 1 P+K move.

3) Her reach is very good. You can play another type of game with her 1 P+K if the enemy is sent flying to the danger wall in a kind of straight position, which is easy to read or see. Usually a success straight danger impact is if you see the enemy falling from the wall in a bit slower pace given you a bit of time to follow up a attack for extra damage. Use another 1 P+K to wall impacted enemies to suck a quarter of their health in total or so. 4 of these and they are/will be pretty much done. The wall is Leifang's friend in survival. And 1 P+K after a wall impact goes like peanut butter and jelly, so in other words they go well together. Only time you should avoid a 1 P+K as a extra wall hit is when the opponent goes impacting the wall sideways. Which is a auto ground fall for them and there is no chance for you to follow up a attack. You want to instead take the time while they recover to get back up, to zone yourself in a position where they will impact the wall straight to start your quarter damage wall game again with her 1 P+K. Either quickly side step or side walk. Her reach is good once again as stated. Wall impacts almost always guarantee a follow up 1 P+K will hit them. Just don't charge them up or they will miss them.Execute it and release the button quickly

4.) Her optional Arsenal is pretty good for many situations. If the enemy gets too close and you want to buy yourself some time to get away or to safe zone/space yourself good properly to try & start the 1 P+K game again, she can use 4 P P to start a small stun most of the time or 4 K K as a sub. They are very useful to get your small stuns or critical stuns to make it easier for her/you for a guarantee launch. This is a good strategy for when you want to shake your opponent off from being too close to you, so you can maintain Leifang's good/safe zone/space position again. Her best launch is 3 K P+K. Very easy to remember and combo w/ upon getting a small stun or critical stun. If you're confident that 6 P K P will work, go for it as a shake off alternative option strategy instead.. For aerial enemies like Lisa or Ayane you can use 9 K K K or 6 6 K K to try and stop them. 4 P P works too sometimes for such situations. But not guaranteed. Her 1 K K sweep(s) is often a low surprise for opponent who seem to have problems countering or blocking. If you get a launch w/ say 3 K P+K you can simply combo with P P K K. Simple combo to remember and you can zone yourself again for the 1 P+K guessing game again afterwards. Only problem I ever ran into was probably Kasumi or Kokoro a bit if anything, as far as frame advantage match ups by the cpu A.I. goes.

5.) She's mostly a keep away character due to her 1 P+K game, it's attack properties, and reach. What this means is you are less required being close/upclose range to do damage or attack versus say Alpha 152 or Lisa, therefore being in less danger from being within a reachable zone/space position from getting attacked/hit by the A.I.'s attacks which is good and favors you. They on the other hand are different.Most of their tactics involve being up close to do the damage and defeating your opponent. Lisa seems to have a similar charge attack to Leifang's 1 P+K. But even so it lacks Leifang's 1 P+K good arsenal elements such as good reach, fast recover frame a bit, and push back a bit priority upon most blocks for harder time to punish by the A.I. easily. Should you fail to connect with it and it's blocked instead, being the case with her 1 P+K move .

6.) I have found Leifang to be a pretty safe or a very hard character to get into Critical burst or power blows in the right hands of a skilled player. If you know what you are doing consecutively playing as her. An example of this theory/fact can be seen in my commentating video, where I never got critical stun or power blow in Survival Champ till the end of my 73 or 74 video run. See the youtube video below, for proof! :D

I will explain my opponent approach method in the next post playing as Leifang as best as I can.

Before we get started with Leifang's opponent's breakdown description detail, I would like to point something important. The term "Spamming Leifang's 1 P+K or Exploit Leifang's 1 P+K" is overused and mislead. It kind of sickens me reading these words in forums or other posts players put up as hints to get through all Legend modes as her. Makes them sound like clueless scrubby players who lack knowledge or skill of how to play survival the right way as her.This is not how you play Leifang in survival mode. Although her 1 P+K move is the key factor important move and most valuable in her arsenal to get through survival. The way to play her is knowing your opponent's zoning/space weakness and their advantage/dangerous zone/space area. Every enemy Leifang faces has a weakness and strengths depending on your spacing/zone position. It will be explained in the opponent detail a bit. Also the way to use Leifang is about learning what type of 1 P+K should be executed in a situation. A full charged one, a mid charged/small charged one, or a fast non charged one that acts as a quick poke blow. Knowing when to throw them or what kind/type to throw is essential to master Leifang and succeed in survival. Anyway lets get started with survival opponent detail.:p.

Important note before we actually get started: Proper throws of Leifang's 1 P+K move and good timing is mostly understanding and being able to see/read your opponent's exposed "hitbox". Which is usually when the opponent(s) miss hitting you while you charge bait them with your 1 P+K bait game, with a string or attack and they are at their recovery time frame for the next attack. At that exact moment, they have no chance to counter or attack you further due to recover frames taking over, exposing them for a free non punishing/counter chance hit. You unleash your 1 P+K attack when ever you are able to see/read/react quickly to any hitbox you see the enemy expose you to . Learn your opponent's "hitboxes" weakness and your 1 P+K timing punishment for any exposed hitbox and you will be a survival wreaking force in survival with Leifang.:p If you choose to ignore learning this, and instead "spam" or try and "exploit" the 1 P+K move only, you will find the hard way the A.I will sooner or later will punish you and start countering you to death and you won't get no where near the 100 wins ever this way. Learn the "hitbox" of opponents and your 1 P+K well timing releases when the "hitboxes" are exposed and you will see it makes a huge difference than attempting "spamming" or "exploiting". You will most likely never ever miss, get countered, or worry about getting punished ever. It will just be plain punishment and pain brought by you to pretty much every opponent A.I. that steps into the ring/arena to try and take you down;) This example can be seen on the Youtube video below, me releasing my 1 P+K attack when ever I see the magic "hitbox" of my opponent be/being exposed and him/her being hopeless to ever defend against it.

Edited by Capcom Juri Han
adding needed important words

Playing as Leifang and knowing your enemy in Survival

From my experience there seems to be 3 type of opponents. I know, I don't make sense now but I'll try and explain my best so in the end it makes sense.

Lets start with the Speedy ones, These usually require more or less the quick 1 P+K poke game. or a small charged to mid charged 1 P+K. Hardly any charge bait, but in certain situations, it can be applied.

1.) Brad Wong- Ah yes the drunk fighting master freak. This guy is simple/simply risky playing the strong charge bait 1 P+K game. Why? And how is he labeled speedy? Well it turns out Mr. Brad has a nasty drunken torpedo quick charge attack he can abuse on you that has a good reach if you wanna play the bait game. You want to avoid getting hit by it as much as possible due to the descent damage it can infect. It's better to stick with the 1 P+K quick poke game. Tactic and zoning? Well keep about 3 steps from him as much as you can. Stay defensive. Wait for any suspicious moves such as his hand stand, his double backwards kicks, his double spinning low sweeps. If you have good zoning he will always miss you. Quickly execute the fast 1 P+K when ever he does any of these. If you are good at reading his habits after a while and his "open hitbox" frames, you can play a small or medium charge 1 P+K game with him. Once he's on the wall its quarter damage time with the 1 P+K wall impact game trap. Rinse and repeat. Very easy to understand his fighting habits. Have fun owning him.

2.) Jann Lee- Well with his yells and fast strings, it's no questions he's on the speedy section. Tactic and zoning? Mr. Jann Lee can be dangerous in two zones. Very Far and very close. Very far he will try and abuse his Dragon Kick, everybody by now knows how much that hurts if you get hit by it. He's dangerous up close because of his fast fist strings. Advice? Try and keep within 2 1/2 or 3 steps distance away from him. Not too far not too close. Jann Lee will try his aerial Kick Stump. The one that looks like a hammer kick of some sort where he raises his leg and brings it down by heavy force and yells "Whaaaat Taaaahhhh !". I know some of you know what I'm talking about. He will try also the "Whaaat Taaaahhh!" fist, but if you are like 2 1/2 or 3 steps away from him you should be safe from getting caught. Last but not least for his arsenal he likes to randomly throw his long reach stand kick. The one where he tilts his body and head a bit sideways to stretch his kicking leg while he's standing. If you are about 3 steps away from him zoning you'll be okay from getting hit by it.You can do a mid charge or a quick 1 P+K to punish him every time he misses you. Once he impacts a danger wall, you know what time it is. The quarter damage 1 P+K follow up wall damage game trap. If he gets too close try 4 K K, 4 P P follow by her launch into a simple combo. Or 6 P K P to shake him off quick. Or you can go for lows by 1 K K if he's low on life to try and finish him quick.

3) Gen Fu- What? Gen Fu is speedy. Well yes and no. I like to label the 1 P+K quick game to be applied to him simply because he has two moves he can do if you attempt the 1 P+K charge bait game. He has a charge move of his own he likes to often abuse. This move seems to enable him to position himself about 1 or 2 steps back. So if you two are playing the lets see who's charge blow is better game. He will mostly wins. Only way you can win the game is 2 rules. You happen to be close to 1 step away from Gen Fu and you release your 1 P+K before he does. Only time its a bit safe for the bait charge 1 P+K is when you see him doing a mid air kick or what looks like a simple 2 fists hit string that is easy to read or see/understand after a while. Tactic and zoning? Stay about 3 or 2 1/2 steps away from him at all times. 3 is okay I suppose. Actually I kind of recommend remaining 3 steps away from him because he randomly likes throwing a double paw small charge string that may reach you if you are about 2 steps away from him. If you feel he'll do a very low reach attack, you can do a small or mid charge 1 P+K attack to punish him when he fails to reach you with his attack. If he gets up close to you shake him off with 6 P K P for a quick one. Or try and get a small stun or critical stun by 4 P P or 4 K K, then a quick launch by 3 K P+K and air juggle to P P K K. Use the recovery time of Genfu to zone/space yourself good again afterwards.

4.) Christie- Well Christie starts out slow, simple to read, so you can kind of play the charge 1 P+K bait game w/ her at the start. She likes to kind of side step roll side ways poke, or roll forward poke you. Tactic and zoning? Keep about 3 1/2 or 4 steps away from her. Her annoying rolls or roll side steps will often get her close enough for you to punish her with your 1 P+K. You can try and play the bait game with 1 P+K at the beginning , but I would go for a mid/small charge instead to play safe, not a full charge one. Once you are around 50's or close to it, stick to quick 1 P+K non charge pokes or small charge time pokes if you still aren't skilled at reading her and her habits. She's gonna go crazy with her rolls, side step/rolls trying her best to get up close to you as fast as she can and start poking you which is hard to break or punish once you start blocking. If she does get up close with her pokes, I suggest block as much as possible as you can, depending on your reading knowledge of her moves. When you think her strings will end usually after 3 or 4 pokes, try 4 P P, 4 K K, follow by her launch or 6 P K P to break her off of you. Once she's impacted the wall, you know what time it is ! Double 1 P+K quarter damage wall trap time. If you wanna play a bit of a turtle charge baiting game w/ her, stick with a small to med charge 1 P+K attack to stay safe from her getting close enough to touch you with her pokes.

Mid class type opponents. What is this? Well this means that these opponents is handled both ways. You can use the charge bait 1 P+K or the fast poke 1 P+K depending on situation

1.) Lisa- Ah lovely Lisa, probably Leifang's most weakness or match up in survival. Lisa is very dangerous against Leifang. Because she can easily zone herself on you at will or any given time by her aerial move arsenal. So therefore she's both a fast poke 1 P+K and a charge bait 1 P+K. It's about guessing what is right to use in a situation and hope for the best. She has a nasty mid air throw that can suck about a quarter of your health. Get caught in 3 or 4, or 2 of these and you're done depending on your life bar. Broken throw if you ask me LoL. Tactic and zoning? Well obviously your long distance is your friend, but it's no good if you want to damage her. So what to do? Play patient. She will try to come to you, usually by a goofy aerial string of attacks. You can play two ways. Kind of a safe way or risky, but a bit rewarding. You wanna play risky when she tries getting close, try 9 K K K or 66 K K. How do I apply the 1 P+K game? Well you should just go for fast pokes, non charge ones. The charge bait ones should be used say if you're good at reading a stupid string she attempts that will take a bit to reach you like say fist fist kick by her or fist fist spinning fist coming from her. You can also try and use the charge 1 P+K on her getting up, but keep about 3 or 3 1/2 steps zoning so that if she gets up with a wake up kick or sweep it misses you. Overall don't rely too much in the 1 P+K move, unless you are a bit skilled. She will destroy you with her cheap throw(s) real quick. Instead throw in a fast 1 P+K unless it hits a danger wall impact, you know what time it is. Quarter damage wall trap time with another quick 1 P+K. I suggest mixing up some of Leifang's strings 4 P P P, 4 K K try and go for a launch like 3 K P+K. Then combo into P P K K. Mix up Lei's basic strings mostly and you should survive her wrath a bit with a bit of luck to keep progressing.

2.) Sarah Bryant- Sarah can be dangerous up close and she has like special attack strings which can space her forward about 1 step or 1 1/2 step forward meaning if you are like 2 or 2 1/2 she can kind of get you caught with one of her strings. Tactic and zoning? Well Sarah is a mix bag. Learning to read her is key to applying the 1 P+K game. My advice? Stay about 3 steps away from her. If she uses her one leg stance, bait 1 P+K is pretty unsafe, unless you know you are at a good zone/space from her reaching you regardless. If you miss, she can get you in a crazy kick combining throw or string combo. Only way it works is you have to be about 1 step or half a step after she's on her one foot stance. Quick 1 P+K is less risky. If she simply does say simple strings like P P P or P P K or simply does the air knee, go for the bait charge or a mid charge 1 P+K. No I suggest sticking to a mid charge 1 P+K. Don't charge it all the way. Only do a full charge or close to full charge if you are skilled at reading her well and guessing good with timing like me.

3.) Mila- Mila, probably a bit of a threat against Leifang. She likes to abuse her grapple and take downs on you if she blocks or you miss her. Minor/Mid weakness against Leifang. Mila is a guessing game. She has a nasty body roll attack where she I guess does a summer salt where her back and body lands on the floor and she kicks you while doing it. Must be painful the landing for her. But it has a nasty reach so it could mean problems for you. Tactic and zoning? Keep about 4 or 3 1/2 steps away from her as a zone tactic. You want to play the bait charge 1 P+K game with her but keep safe from that nasty summer salt attack she has. It cover about 2 or 2 1/2 steps of coverage so it can reach you if you are a bit close to her. Her forward punch also has a good reach which I hate, so you will want to avoid these two things. I suggest practicing a bit your grapple throw break timing in case Mila catches you on her floor grapple take down(s). If she gets close to you, again use Leifang's simple arsenal to shake her off and zone yourself good again. Use 4 P P or 4 K K, or 6 P K P for a shake off. Or risk the double sweep 1 K K if Mila is low on health. If you see her stun w/ these simple strings, launch her quickly by 3 K P+K. Do your P P K K combo while she's hopeless in the air. Use the recovery time to zone yourself again properly and good. Other advice is to try and keep Mila on the wall Impact zone to finish her fast with the quarter damage 1 P+K wall trap game tactic. On higher defeat levels if Mila seems to be blocking a lot your 1 P+K of any kind you throw at her and she keeps getting you on her ground take downs... I suggest mixing up Leifang's basic strings and attempt her small stun/critical stun 3 K P+K launch strategy and combo to P P K K always to make her harder to guess what to block if you have descent life remaining when facing her.

4.) Ayane- Yeah Ayane is a mix bag. So I consider her in mid class. So she's to be approached both ways for the 1 P+K game. However I would like to point that yes you can charge 1 P+K. No I do not recommend charging it all the way, rather charging it mid or small. Reason why because Ayane is a speedy freak. She's a ninja obviously. She can zone herself at will like Lisa, but she's a bit less dangerous because her damage and arsenal is more balance damage wise compare to Lisa. Ayane likes creating distance often from you to confuse you and hope you miss up the 1 P+K charge bait so she can directly attack you/punish you. Reading her space is essential to guessing her approach how it should be handled. She can be dangerous up close and mid close range... But also mid range can also be her weakness if guessed right. Tactic and zoning? Try keeping like 3, 3 1/2 or 4 steps distance from her all times. Reason why is because she often likes abusing her double leg roll torpedo similar to Cammie's move from Street Fighter. This covers about 2 or 2 1/2 steps of distance coverage reach. So with 3 or 3 1/2 away from her you should be safe from getting caught from such abuse habit. A sweet 1 P+K charge would be waiting for her if she misses with her torpedo. Ayane doesn't seem to counter much until like the 80's or so. So if she gets close to you about 1 step away abuse the quick 1 P+K non charge poke. Once again if you get her in a wall impact end her misery as fast as you can by the quarter damage wall trap tactic. You don't want her being close to you or creating distance. That's her danger zones. If she gets up close to you, shake her off the same usual way with Leifang's simple strings of stuns/critical stun into launch, into combo juggle. Zone yourself good again afterwards as best as you can, before she gets up while she's recovering from the beating she took to land on the floor. Again if you don't wanna go for the stun/launch tactic for a shake off option, go for her 6 P K P as a quick shake off if you are feeling confident it will work on her to buy you some time to create space/good zoning again. If you are good at reading her aerial moves, time well 9 K K K or 6 6 K K. I recommend throwing small charged or a mid charged 1 P+K if you wanna play a bit the turtle charge bait game with her. She's often too fast for a full charged 1 P+K. Unless you are really skilled of course.

5.) Kasumi- Yeah the lovely Kasumi. She's actually not that speedy or a slow turtle character. She's a bit of both because of the A.I.'s habit. Kasumi is a mixed bag just like her sister/step sister Ayane. However, I will say she should mostly be played a bait charge game. She's a lot easier to read than Ayane for one thing and her zoning speed is weaker than Ayane only by a bit. She'll take a bit longer if you two are about half a distance from each versus Ayane. Tactic and zoning? Well I would say keep about half a distance from her. About 4 steps or 4 1/2 steps away from her. Ms Kasumi likes to do summer salt air kicks. Also a move where she zones in quick about two steps like a quick ninja. Its like a jab follow up by small ninja speed elbow that she travels a short quick distance. I think you know what I mean. She likes doing aerial kicks to zone close to you as well. So just keep half a distance from her and mostly play the bait game. She's easy to punish if she misses w/ her moves trying to catch to your attack zone. If she gets close to you shake her off the same usual way. If she gets into the wall impact, you know the drill to try and end her misery quick. It's deadly wall trap game time ! If she gets up close to you, shake her off the same usual method I explained. Go for Lei's stun strings into launches, into air juggle combo. Or use 6 P K P for a quick shake off as a sub. Use Kasumi's recovery time to zone/space yourself good again to start the 1 P+K bait game again with her from a good position.

5.) Eliot - Yeah Eliot, famous for being nicknamed Aaron Carter back in the day. Eliot is also a mix bag but he's more of a guessing game compared to his master Genfu. So the 1 P+K can be played both ways depending on the situation. Tactic and zoning? Eliot is dangerous up close and randomly from his mid range hit box by Leifang. Eliot's arsenal likes abusing his fist strings up close, His cartwheel to zone close to you or his aerial flying kick similar to Jann Lee's Dragon Kick. So keep your zone about 2 1/2 steps or 3 steps away. That way if he starts/attempts his fist strings, it will be kind of easy to punish by a quick 1 P+K. Baiting? His baiting game is random. I would bait if I am confident I am really 3 steps to 4 or 3 1/2 steps away from him. Reason why is because his cartwheel can randomly reach you by 2 or maybe 2 1/2 steps away from him. However 3 steps still not safe because he can also abuse his aerial air kick (i. e. his version of the Dragon kick). However there is a 50/50 chance he'll do it so its okay to risk it if you have descent life bar and not panicking. Also if you can read his aerial kick and time right the 1 P+K, this will pose minor problem. Close tactic? Same usually method to shake him off. Eliot seems to also fall often for low strings or sweeps. If you are skilled at reading him you can play turtle charge bait with him with full charged 1 P+K or if you are not so sure, stick to mid charged 1 P+K.

6.) Hayate- Yeah Hayate, a bit of a mixed bag like Ayane. He can mostly be played as a bait charge enemy. But also requires you to master a bit the mid charge 1 P+K, so I labeled him under mid class. Hayate has a habit of being aerial and doing ninja magic travel zoning tactics. Hayate likes confusing the player by doing a combo that includes a attack animation then switch to a weird stance and magically travels a bit few steps to try and reach you by a follow up mid power attack after the ninja speed travel animation ends. He's also a aerial freak. Aerial is his most dangerous assets because it's hard to get the reading timing right to attack/stop him and read his animation. Unless you are somewhat skilled already. Only minor easy to read aerial habit of his is his double or triple mid air aerial kicks. If you have a step zoning from him of 3 to 3 1/2 while he does this, it's easy to punish it with 1 P+K. Tactic and approach? Well as explained he's more of a full charged or mid charged bait opponent. You should spend some time to try understanding his animations, especially his confusing string(s), ninja zoning travel bs. Once you get his habit, when he travels by ninja speed, release your 1 P+K charge. He'll usually travel to your punishment instead LoL. Keep your zone about 3 to 3 1/2 steps away from him because of his ninja travel bs. 4 steps is also very safe and probably the best zone option to deal with him because of his random habit arsenal he posses to attack you with. Shake him off the usual method with Leifang's simple stun string start up, into launches,into air juggle if he gets up close to you. Or go for 6 P K P for a quick shake off. Use Hayate's recovery time to zone/space yourself good again to restart the 1 P+K charge bait game on him. He can be played turtle charge bait with 1 P+K, but I recommend stick with mid charged types if you are going for that tactic because of his tricks and ninja speed. If you get him into a wall you know the drill by now. Wall trap game time on poor Hayate !.

Continue where I left off with my opponent guide about knowing your survival opponent as Leifang. We mostly broke down the Speedy types, and the mid class types. Now lets breakdown the slow types or what I like to call the ones you should play 1 P+K bait turtle with more or less. I would like to point out that luckly most of these character are gonna be your life savors because most of these are so easy to predict w/ your bait turtle charge 1 P+K tactic. So if you play your cards right you'll breeze through them without taking much damage or damage at all as Leifang.

Slow class characters:

1.) Kokoro- Ah yes the beautiful, adorable Kokoro. She's a slow character? Why yes w/ the A.I. habits. Kokoro is probably the biggest threat in this class type of opponents. She's easy in the less levels of progress defeats. But once you are in your 50's onward she becomes a nightmare if she gets close to you. You better hope you can shake her off quick to zone yourself properly to keep her at a distance. Kokoro likes to get on you with her kind of confusing pokes. Some are high, mid, and maybe low. She's probably one of the hardest opponent I have ran into having a hard time guessing right her move(s) and proper counter type. I just get lucky sometimes and counter correct, then make sure I keep her at a distance onward to not miss up again. She also likes abusing her 3 part throw which sucks quite a bit of good damage, so you'll want to avoid that. She also has pretty good reach with her strange string pokes. Tactic and zoning? Keep Kokoro about 3 1/2 or 4 steps away. A bit close to half a distance to be exact. You want to play turtle baiting charge w/ her from these distances. She will mostly always will start a string of pokes, or a poke and her two back kicks while your charging your 1 P+K. Keeping your zoning to 3 1/2 or 4 steps is good because of Kokoro's random good reach, you can easily see when she starts her strings of any type. You are/will be safe from being hit a bit, unless your still a scrub at using the 1 P+K or not knowing when to release it. Easy to punish her as long as you keep your proper distance zone/space. Release your 1 P+K after you see her second string of any type missing should be good and your exposed "hit box" for Kokoro. Remember her danger is being up close to you. Avoid as much as possible. If she gets close to you, use the usual method to shake her off and hope for the best.

2.) Ryu Hayabusa- What? Ryu is a ninja, how is he slow or a baitable turtle character? You guessed it... His A.I. habits. Ryu is a bit less aggressive than Hayate and Ayane. He's not very aerial either. Rarely has he ever attempted his teleporting arsenal gimicks like his fists or kick. Mr. Ryu likes playing I attack a bit while you charge your 1 P+K. Like Kokoro he's most dangerous very close or up close to you. Tactic and Zoning? Try keeping about similar distance as you would facing Kokoro, except maybe half a step less. His reach isn't that threatening as Kokoro's much. But it does pack a good reach non the less thanks to some moves he likes throwing out randomly. So don't take/underestimate Ryu's reach lightly, keep your distance a bit while playing bait with your 1 P+K. Ryu likes abusing his Izuna drop in higher defeat levels. He also likes using his hand stand leg throw that cracks your neck or so. Defeating Ryu is again about keeping your distance a bit and baiting him to attack you and you punishing him when he attempts to attack you and get you with his attack or strings. Proper release timing of 1 P+K is your key to victory over him. Ryu's is probably your 2nd biggest threat in this class of opponents, but he's less threatening a bit than Kokoro. Not really hard to deal w/ unless you lose your cool or focus or don't play your cards right all the way through the fight with him. If he gets up close, use same shake off method/options as usual. Use Ryu's recovery time to zone/space yourself good again to start the 1 P+K bait game all over.

3.) Pai Chan- Umm yeah. Pai is actually a bait turtle opponent. Her habits. Well you guessed it. She likes to play you bait I attack while you charge. Pai's biggest threat arsenal is probably a cartwheel similar to Eliot she randomly does which has a very good reach. Probably covers half a step more than Eliot's cartwheel. Tactic and zoning? Keep distance similar to Ryu or Kokoro, mostly because of her annoying good reach distance cartwheel she has. If she misses you w/ it easy to punish with a charged 1 P+K. If she doesn't throw the cartwheel, she usually tries simple strings. Very easy to read after a while and getting your 1 P+K release timing right. Just release them before she's able to recover from her strings or cartwheel. She hardly seems to counter, and if she does, her counter are mostly tickles to you. Hardly do any damage close to the DOA characters. Keep your distance as much as possible always, and watch out for her Cartwheel and you'll be fine. If she gets up close to you, just use same usual method as explained for shaking her off of you and creating space/good zoning again afterwards.

4.) Akira- Mr Akira. Seems to strike fear into a lot of survival players. But to me he's a sweetie pie to Leifang. He just needs love. What? Well he's actually not that hard to predict or approach for Leifang. He likes to play also you bait charge, I attack. Akira's arsenal habits are his deadly fist, his charge fist, or his double fist blow as his favorite attacks while you bait him. Tactic and zoning? Try Keeping 3 to 3 1/2 steps away minimum. 2 or 2 1/2 steps is risky a bit because his charge fist can reach you. Very easy to deal with as long as you keep within the proper distance zone and bait charge. He will always attack in these patterns. Timing of 1 P+K is easy to get. Just release it as soon as you see him execute any move to try and reach/attack you and he fails to reach you. His reach is not that big compared to Ryu or Kokoro. Very easy to get by with Leifang. Probably a punching bag and life restorer if anything once you get to know him and his habits. His "hit box" is so easy to read or see after spending time getting to know him. If he gets up close to you, shake him off usual method as explain. You can also try countering if you have good health left. He's mostly a mid counter A.I.. Very easy to deal with.

5.) Riggs- Yeah ugly tattoo up Riggs is a turtle baiting opponent. Like all the others, he likes playing you turtle charge bait, I attack. Riggs is not much of threat if you maintain your proper zone from him. Tactic and zoning? Riggs's attacks cover the most 2 to 2 1/2 steps distance of reach. Maintain a minimum of 3 steps or 3 1/2 away from him. Charge your 1 P+K and wait for him to try and attack you by his crazy kick combination. He can't reach you ever if you have at least 3 steps away from him. Easy to punish , just release your 1 P+K charge while he's doing his kicks. If he gets close shake him off same usual way. and zone yourself again properly after you shake him off. Another punching bag if you play your cards right at all times.

6.) Hitomi- What? Hitomi is a slow baitable character. Yeah because of two things. Her A.I. habits, and she becomes a bit of a counter freak on higher defeat levels. She plays similar to Kokoro or her attack pattern is similar. She likes playing you turtle bait, I attack like the others. Hitomi's arsenal includes fist strings and her kicks which have good range reach. Her kicks are probably her biggest threat against Leifang. Tactic and zoning? Keep your distance and zoning similar to Ryu or Kokoro. About 3 1/2 steps to 4 steps away from her because of her annoying kick reach. Play turtle bait charge w/ her and she'll usually start with fists string combos or a combination of fist, kick, or a aerial kick. She's can't reach you if you use the zoning tactic for Kokoro or Ryu. Very easy to punish her with a 1 P+K charge bait. Release it when you see 1 or 2 strings of her being about to finish and missing you, and you know you can reach her. She has no chance to counter you if you always approach her this way. If she gets up close to you, shake her off same method as described. Use Hitomi's recovery time to zone/space yourself good to restart your 1 P+K bait game from a safe, good distance.

7.) Tina- Tina Armstrong... Probably one of America's fantasy dream girl. Tina surprisingly is a bit of a punching bag, like her father against Leifang. She's a turtle baitable charge opponent. Tina likes to play the same game as the other slow class. Tina's arsenal if you play turtle bait w/ her are wrestling drop kick, air knee attack, chop, chop, spinning chop, chop chop knee, or her 3 strings of sweep where she starts a bit standing and keeps going low ducking until she's laying on the floor sweeping. Tactic and zoning? Keep about 3 or 3 1/2 steps minimum away from her at all times as much as you can. Not farther than that or closer. Just turtle charge bait her with 1 P+K and wait for her to do any of her explain arsenal usual moves to try and reach you. She'll most likely always miss and you'll always punish her with no chance for her to counter. Release it as soon as one these arsenals of her is executed. Hard to miss up or easily get by her if you play your cards right. Not very threatening unless she manages getting up close to you. If she does, shake her off the usual method and zone yourself properly to start the turtle bait game again.

8.) Bayman- Yeah Bayman is a turtle bait character. He likes playing the same game as the others. You turtle bait charge I attack you. He's probably your 3rd biggest threat here in this class. But its a bit easier than Ryu to deal with. Bayman's arsenal. If you play turtle bait with him he plays similar to Christie, but its a bit slower. Easier to deal with versus Christie. Like Christie he has a forward roll habit to zone in on you. He likes either doing only forward roll or punch forward roll and try and attack again after roll. He also like doing a bit of punch and kick combination if he disses the roll. He also has a charge attack of his own he likes to randomly throw. Thankfully his charge attack doesn't have good reach like Leifang's. So her's almost always beats it in a charge blow war game. Tactic and zoning? Same zoning and spacing can be applied as Kokoro and Ryu for Bayman. Keep about 3 1/2 or 4 steps away minimum because of his forward roll habits zones himself towards you within reachable distance of the 1 P+K. Good release/timing is just when Bayman rolls and has halfway completed his roll animation. Or just as his does his strings of attacks. Very easy to punish and deal w/ once you get his pattern. If he gets up close to you, shake him off usual method and zone yourself properly again while he recovers to start the turtle bait game again.

9.) Helena- Helena Douglas. The lovely French Diva most of the DOA fans seem to like/love except me. Anyway she's a turtle bait character. Likes playing You turtle bait charge, and I attack you. Helena's arsenal habits while you play the turtle charge bait game including simple strings, a string combo that leads to her low stance, or a simple move that gets her in the low stance. If she's already in low stance while you are baiting her, she'll do either a low stance sweep or a poking combination or strings from her low stance. Tactic and zoning? Use the similar zoning tactic as Akira. Helena has average reach at best. Her low stance sweep is probably her biggest reach. Her other dangerous technique if anything, is this evade or parry she has during her low stance which can cause your 1 P+K to randomly miss. She often punishes you by a low stance launch throw or a descent string combo. But she's been tone down or nerf a bit so she's a not a damaging beast if you get caught. You'll be alright if you have good or a descent health bar. Your 1 P+K should be released when ever she starts attacking you. Kind of easy to deal with and her habits of you play your cards right. If she gets up close to you, use same usual method/options to shake her off and create good space/zone again after a successful shake off.

10.) Bass Armstrong- No doubt a slow and bait turtle charge opponent. Like the others he likes playing the game of bait. Bass's arsenal habits during your bait game is a wrestling drop kick, a standing strong kick, a aerial charge attack, or a string of 2 strong fist blows.Tactic and zoning? Use the same zoning tactic as his daughter Tina. Like Tina he's very predictable once you get his habit pattern for attacks. His most dangerous habit is of course his aerial charge attack. You can either block it and shake him off afterwards or if your good with side stepping or side walking evade it that way. That's the only move you should watch out for from him as a serious threat while you play the bait game. It's probably the only move that can reach you a bit from the proper zoning tactic position you should be spaced/position on. Your 1 P+K good timing is right when he does any of these habits attacks during your charge baiting. Very easy to punish. He's easy to deal with a bit if you play your cards right. A punching bag more or less like his daughter. If he gets up close to you, use same usual method/tactic to shake him off to create good spacing again to start the bait game all over.

11.) Zack- Yeah Zack the black clown who likes acting goofy. He's also a bit of a bait turtle opponent. He likes to play the bait game more or less. Arsenal habits. Well Zack is by far the weirdest, crazy, and wtf is happening opponent you will ever face in survival.What? Well he has the following habits if you play turtle bait with him. He has a charging spinning fist blow, He likes doing a mid air summer salt ball roll that hurts a bit if it hits you where he yells "Yaaaa Hoooooo !". Like a crazy maniac. And....? A random taunt. A Taunt? Yes a Taunt. About 2 useless taunts he randomly does that don't do damage or pose a threat. He will either do a "Zack Beam" stupid taunt or do this one where he's trying to rip off MJ's smooth criminal stunt and he eventually accidentally falls on his feet like a dumb idiot. Tactic and zoning? Use similar tactic to Ryu and Kokoro. His most dangerous arsenal is his mid air summer salt cannon spike move. He often abuses this the most during the turtle bait game, if you are far away from his reach. It has a good range of hit reach, but standing 3 1/2 or 4 steps away from him while charging your 1 P+K and baiting him, you should be safe from this move hitting you. He's easy to punish and time right if he misses you with that annoying move. Also take advantage of his stupid taunts he may randomly throw at you in exchange for your bait game. Free hit or punishment? Don't mind if I do you funny clown Zack. You're a real pal for giving me a free hit punishment hit. At least in the xbox 360 version. I assume he will do it in the PS 3 port as well. I dare you to laugh your butt off if he starts to actually doing it during your bait game. He's almost always does it in every survival I face him as Leifang. And every time he comes up to get beaten by me at least once before he's defeated. Kind of easy to handle him thanks to his stupid taunt random habits and once you get his habit routine or predictions. If he gets up close, shake him off the usual method and create good zoning/spacing afterwards to start your 1 P+K bait game again on him.

12.) Leifang- Hmmm how do I face myself or my alter shadow? Well your clone is also a turtle baiting opponent. Leifang's arsenal. She likes doing the following during your bait game. Simple strings, also 1 P+K, random kicks, and her sexy leg hammer kick which I believe is normally executed by H+K. Her most dangerous and deadly arsenal is her sexy leg hammer kick because it has a good reach. Tactic and zoning? Fight her as you would Kokoro or Hitomi. Maintain about 3 1/2 or 4 steps zoning from her so that when you bait her if she does her sexy leg hammer kick and it doesn't reach you. Easy to punish afterwards if she misses you. Usually if she does anything else like strings or simple combos they are easy to see and punish on time if they miss you due to your distance. She plays similar to Kokoro in some ways, but plays slightly different and is less threatening than Kokoro in a way. Not too hard to deal with your clone if you play your cards right. If she gets up close to you, same shake off method should be applied as everybody else. After as successful shake off, again use the Leifang opponent recovery time to zone/space yourself good to start the 1 P+K bait game all over.

Final Hints:If you are having problems shaking opponents off of you to create proper zoning/space again I suggest trying her 3 K P+K launch after a string of hers that has small stun or critical stun properties hits them which I described previous in the beginning of the guide. Most of the time they will fall for it if they seem to be blocking your basic strings or methods to shake them off of you. Always combo if you can after words with P P K K after the launch. If you are very skilled like me, you can change the air juggle of P P K K to instead P P K H+K. It does slight more damage the last string hit, than P P K K. After wards quickly zone/space yourself good so that you are in a very good position to start a 1 P+K bait game again. Always try doing this after a successful shake off from a opponent being up close to you and putting pressure on you.

Also to not struggle w/ say sweaty buttons, maybe sweaty hands also for those who suffer from it (I hardly do by surprise), button input miss-ups... I suggest going with the custom made configure and assigning a trigger or L1 or R1 button to P+K. Very useful for two things. It will ensure you will not miss-up your button inputs to execute her 1 P+K ever, unless you kind of still suck at directional input a bit which I doubt. It also serves as a shortcut for her 3 K P+K launch which I find very useful in tight situation of pressure to get out of it or it can save you from disaster. All you need to do is input 3 K, then tap your trigger or bumper assigned P+K. Auto Launch execution. Very handy and useful especially in Legend survival.

Also... please, please....! Practice side stepping and also side step to free side walking. Side step is very easy. Tap :up: :up: quick on the directional pad to side step upward. Or :down: :down: on the directional pad to side step downward. To do a side step to free side walking as I do in my video(s) examples, I simply do the desire side step I need to and continue to hold the directional pad in the same direction I did to execute the side step type. I.E. upward side step, hold :up: after a successful upward side step to continue side walking upward a bit. For downward side step, continue to hold :down: after a successful downward side step. You will continue to side walk as long as you desire, until your release the directional input you held after doing a successful side step depending on being :up: or :down: that was tapped to execute it (the sidestep type)...

Also learn a bit backdash and frontdash helps a bit to become a faster zoning player. To do a backdash you tap back back 2x. To do a frontdash you tap forward forward 2x. These arsenal elements allow you to move faster a bit than if you walked back or forward only. Very useful to get away from where you don't want to be or to get quick to where you want to be.

Learn these elements I described above! It will get you away from high danger and also keep you from getting trapped in the deadly wall trap often. It's also one of the main things you should master a bit should you attempt beating survival as Leifang or using my guide method for your survival success. Not mastering these things a bit won't get you very far like it has to me. This is how how you zone/space yourself properly all the time which is what often you will want to do as Leifang in survival.:p It is also a good exercise for you to practice and master. Getting these things on your head and reaction(s) master execution may very well be a small key/step for you to become a skilled/good player in 3-D fighting games. :dance:

Final words: Well this is about all the info I can share with you players from my mind, thoughts, memories, and put them into words so you can understand a bit my survival mode knowledge/skill(s). I cannot add further facts at this time. This is all I know and I can put into words for you to understand by written grammar or a small guide. It was a pleasure sharing my knowledge with you all about playing Leifang in survival mode and getting to know your opponents as her. I hope you find my mini guide very helpful and try it yourself. I will say my breakdown my not be exactly 100% explaining all the A.I.'s habits they may throw at you, but it's mostly the usual ones they mostly will abuse the most from my time spent in survival mode so far...Leading up to my progress of completing Legend Survival mode.

I also would like to state that survival is no cake walk past Hard. Even with my knowledge and skill I have failed a few hours before doing it finally during my survival day sessions. There was a time when I thought getting 100 survival wins in DOA 2 was impossible. In DOA 4 I also was at that stage for a while. It took me about a week of just playing that mode before I nailed it in single survival and get my 100 wins finally. 5 years later to do it again on my new account it took me 3 days of playing survival to get my survival skill back and claim my single 100 wins again in my new account. Survival is about learning your opponent's space/zoning weakness, their strengths where they excel in space/zoning and their habits. Knowing their hit box. Survival is about failing and learning each time. You learn a bit and improve often if you put your mind to it.

Once again I wish you all good luck in survival. It was a pleasure sharing and writing this small guide for you guys. I honestly if anything, would like to be next to some of you, to better show you or teach stuff about my survival knowledge in person. But sadly it's not possible. Once again I sincerely hope some of you find it a bit helpful my guide I dedicated a bit of my time to post and share w/ you all. Take care for now;)

Here is a video of myself playing on survival hard as Leifang...Using my guide method. Pay attention to my zoning/spacing and also when I throw my 1 P+K. I think now it should be more easier to understand my guide method...

Here is a video I made to help further you guys understand my method and how Leifang should be played in survival. I basically do commentating while I do a descent Champ survival run and explain whats going on the screen, what I am doing, how I deal w/ the enemy pretty much a bit:p.Credit for the big help goes to "Kagerasimaru" for helping me put the video up;). Thanks man...!:dance: Hope it helps w/ the video to further breakdown my guide/method to you users.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCXhyKlhPKs]Dead or Alive 5 - Survival Champ Difficulty - Lei Fang - Request Video Not Mine!!! - YouTube[/ame]

Thanks for this guide. I'll do my best (though I'm still stuck at Hard). The highest I've gotten in Champ was like 78 with Alpha

Alright man, I finally beat Hard... geez that took a lot longer than I thought...

Thank you so much for this guide

Edited by Vyrastas
Double post

You guys are welcome...! Would you guys like a video if I can record it for a small demonstration Of how I play and to kind of better show you what my guide really means...? Granted I don't have a capture card or non of that expansive junk...But I have a Ipod camera latest gen. I think it will be descent a bit, not entirely bad quality. But I will need help if its successful. I need someone who wants to volunteer to upload it to youtube if you have a youtube channel. I don't really have one so... If anybody knows a source where I can send a video clip or file please tell me of any volunteers who may want to upload it to their channel. I think a video is needed for this guide...haha.. Words seem to not be enough for some. And Leifang is not "taken too loooonng". She's equal to Alpha 152 if you use the wall damage game I explained here. I'll be happy to record a 10 minute video or so with what I got, to show you my guide knowledge being applied on Hard survival at least on a gameplay footage. Any volunteers wanting to help, please reply quick..!;)

You guys are welcome...! Would you guys like a video if I can record it for a small demonstration Of how I play and to kind of better show you what my guide really means...? Granted I don't have a capture card or non of that expansive junk...But I have a Ipod camera latest gen. I think it will be descent a bit, not entirely bad quality. But I will need help if its successful. I need someone who wants to volunteer to upload it to youtube if you have a youtube channel. I don't really have one so... If anybody knows a source where I can send a video clip or file please tell me of any volunteers who may want to upload it to their channel.

well you can copy the replay to an usb stick, then to pc, then upload it to mediafire or rapidshare and i can record it in hd and upload it to youtube

well you can copy the replay to an usb stick, then to pc, then upload it to mediafire or rapidshare and i can record it in hd and upload it to youtube

Don't you mean my Ipod video? Not replay, because you can't record survival mode in DOA 5...Only those lousy ranked matches from my knowledge. I wish I could... Would make easier to show you guys my 100 wins. But they are lame w/ their match savings making only for ranked matches sadly. I actually already uploaded my video to a site called "Vimeo", as you can see my link to the direct video page is now in the very bottom of my guide. If you still want the video to be posted on youtube, then I suppose I can uploaded to your recommended video share file sites stations.:think:

this method takes to long unfortunately, and ur bound to lose focus somewhere along the line.

If you are worried about how long it takes, you are clearly are playing the wrong mode...LoL:rolleyes:. No offense, but you are giving me the impression that you are new and a bit still "too green" survival player if you have these minor complains:rolleyes:. Survival mode has never been about how long it takes to do it in DOA. It's how well you can read your A.I. , know your character you're playing as, and maintain your focus and concentration at all times during your play session. Even under intense pressure which survival often will give you when you are near the 100 line or getting close to by only 20 or so left. I don't see how it "takes too long" if my video was timed about 17 or 18 minutes for defeating 50. The average survival sessions of 100 wins are about 32 minutes to 35 or near 40 minutes. You'll ever hardly see any between 30 or below. If I would've gone for another 50's to make 100, my timer would've been around 33 or 35 minutes to clear. More or less average for the 100 wins survival players. If timer and how fast you can do is a big factor for you, you might as well quit playing survival:think:. Worrying about timer all the time and how fast it can be cleared is always gonna affect your focus. Not trying to sound mean, but these excuses, complains !?!:think: You know Hayashi had a bit of Mercy on you guys this time. Giving you a slight cheap character which is Alpha 152. Back in the past DOA's (except maybe Dimensions) you didn't have over powered or cheap characters to work with, if you wanted to tackle survival and have a record of 100 wins. You had to rely only on the main normal characters the DOA creator threw at you. Alpha 152 was in DOA 4 first, but wasn't playable or unlockable. If you wanted your survival 100 wins, you had to work a bit very hard for it. There was no "Oh how fast can I complete it, whats the most over powered character?". Timer was bs, screw timer, it was about me training hard and learning the mechs of survival mode using basic characters. Bottom line, I suggest you stop worrying about "how long it takes" to make room on your head to maintain your focus at all times. Make that your main worry ! "Must learn to maintain my focus always...timer is nothing" Because quite honestly, and honest truth...Every time you fail in survival it's mostly you not being able to maintain high focus, not the character you use. Learn to maintain focus and not lose your cool. Erase once again your timer concern ! You'll always have problems otherwise. Use hobbies things you like to cool you down and bring your focus up if you losing it. Pause the game when you reach 50 or 60, turn on music, take a 5 minute or 4 minute break and drink a favorite drink. Exercise, move your arms or hands to kind of feel the sense of shaking off your worried or pressure off a bit and then go back and start where you left off when you feel a bit comfortable.:)

[spoiler=77]http://gamercards.exophase.com/290154.png

Man, still can't find foolproof method for Lisa, trying it on versus Legend and Win Loss ratio is 10/8 :mad:

I'm safe on far range, tried to bait with 6 tap, but she only does cartwheel that put her 1 step further. I find that the safest way is wait for her to run, and do counter on either flying chop (mid-p) or sliding kick (low). too bad, this could lead to time-out :(

Which one do you think is better if got I caught in her string? back up or tried to counter it?

and I notice something weird in Survival, why do some throw is listed as Hold??

I didn't attack, but somehow Lisa aerial throw is listed as Hold? is this a glitch maybe?

and also here are some things I find helpful for exploiting Legend A.I.

Helena : on her wake-up, best bet is stay away a bit further than your guide (in my case, around 6-7 step), and when you see her recovering do a quick dash (66 and let go of 6), if it is timed right, when she woke up, she will start a string, which then you charge 1P+K and release it. This is almost foolproof, tried vs Legend, win ratio is 10-1. the only time I lose is because I lost my cool when she start stringing and tried to mash-counter it (and fail)

on her low stance, best bet to counter is either Mid-P or Low.

Kokoro : on neutral or wakeup, tap 6, most of the time, this will make A.I. start punch string, and you could punish it with 1P+K. With this simple method, win/loss ratio is 10-0, with 2 great :D

(also works with Akira, that guy is sitting ducks for Lei-Fang :D )

if only Lei Fang could cancel 1P+K and backflip like Lisa, she will be the perfect weapon for Survival :dance:

Man, still can't find foolproof method for Lisa, trying it on versus Legend and Win Loss ratio is 10/8 :mad:

I'm safe on far range, tried to bait with 6 tap, but she only does cartwheel that put her 1 step further. I find that the safest way is wait for her to run, and do counter on either flying chop (mid-p) or sliding kick (low). too bad, this could lead to time-out :(

Which one do you think is better if got I caught in her string? back up or tried to counter it?

and I notice something weird in Survival, why do some throw is listed as Hold??

I didn't attack, but somehow Lisa aerial throw is listed as Hold? is this a glitch maybe?

and also here are some things I find helpful for exploiting Legend A.I.

Helena : on her wake-up, best bet is stay away a bit further than your guide (in my case, around 6-7 step), and when you see her recovering do a quick dash (66 and let go of 6), if it is timed right, when she woke up, she will start a string, which then you charge 1P+K and release it. This is almost foolproof, tried vs Legend, win ratio is 10-1. the only time I lose is because I lost my cool when she start stringing and tried to mash-counter it (and fail)

on her low stance, best bet to counter is either Mid-P or Low.

Kokoro : on neutral or wakeup, tap 6, most of the time, this will make A.I. start punch string, and you could punish it with 1P+K. With this simple method, win/loss ratio is 10-0, with 2 great :D

(also works with Akira, that guy is sitting ducks for Lei-Fang :D )

if only Lei Fang could cancel 1P+K and backflip like Lisa, she will be the perfect weapon for Survival :dance:

Well as mention in my guide, your biggest threat and worst match up/weakness is Lisa. The other big threats a bit after Lisa, in order are the following...Kokoro, Ryu, Mila, Jann Lee (Randomly).. These are the main opponents who have ended my survival career often if I lost my focus mostly and I have taken them lightly. You need to watch out for these 5 the most while playing survival. I'm not saying the rest are always very easy to get by or they cannot always endanger you, because they still often can, due to A.I.'s random aggressive cranked up behavior. But these five are the most threatening a bit to her. The rest are slightly less threatening towards Leifang, regardless...don't take any opponent very lightly. That can cost your progress in survival real quick for silly mistakes.

1.)To answer your Lisa question from my experience. Once again it's no surprise you are having the highest problem facing her, she is Leifang's worst match up after all in survival. And you are right. To play her 1 P+K game against her, is staying the distance a bit more or less. Waiting for her to come at you either by a small run, dash or her usual aerial move(s) arsenal. I suggest practice reading her aerial attacks while she's trying to catch up to while you are charging your 1 P+K from about half a distance from her. If you get to read well her aerial arsenal moves, you'll eventually get the good timing on your head to release your charge. You will no longer fear much her aerial moves much playing your 1 P+K bait charge game. Another way to deal with her is staying a bit up close with her and keeping the pressure on her by Leifang's basic strings. You can see me doing this in the video often when facing her, when I think the 1 P+K game is not gonna work well due to the A.I.'s minor increased aggressiveness. Try your best to keep your pressure on her. Don't let her start a string of attacks, causing you to become defensive or you starting to get hit by her. She falls often for 6 P K P, 4 P P P, 4 K K. I advise you to try and throw Leifang's 3 K P+K launcher as often as possible during mostly a stun animation on Lisa caused by Leifang's 4 P P, or 4 K K landing strikes on her. Lisa is hopeless in the air. Practice your air juggle combo P P K K. Don't ever drop that combo when facing Lisa or it can cost you. As you may know by now also try keeping her to the wall as much as you can :p Wall is your best friend. 4 P P P, 6 P K P, 3 K P+K, 6 6 K K, or even 9 K K K can send her to the wall if she's very close to the wall. Use these useful minor bonus move priorities when near a wall.:D

2.) For Kokoro once again I advise you to keep your distance as she's very dangerous up close. She has cost me quite a few survival session for trying to face her up close. Keep about near half a distance from her always, similar to Kasumi, but maybe slightly less a bit. Always read her string starts, those are your open hitboxes for your 1 P+K release and punishment. If she gets close to you near 40's defeats onward. Go defensive and shake her off as soon as you see her strings ending. I found Leifangs's 6 P K P has a good frame start up against Kokoro's strings the A.I. mostly likes to throw if you block her first strings, so try that to shake her off from you up close and space/zone yourself quickly afterwards the proper location. If you wanna do a bit of extra good damage for shaking her off. Try and go for a 4 P P(don't finish P P P ever for a launch tactic) after Kokoro does her strings and you successfully block her combo string. If you land successful your two hits of 4 P P(which will usually result in a small stun or critical state) quickly launch w/ 3 K P+K during Kokoro being stun or in a small critical. Remember your juggle combo of P P K K afterwards. Always zone yourself quickly after you have shake them off from being up close and they are in the floor recovering. Make that a priority of yours and you'll be fine mostly;).

3.) Helena... I honestly don't see why would you space yourself quite far a bit from Helena, She's not in a very high threatening list in my book. I would say maintain the most furthest from her about half a space. No more, no less. Half a distance is about 5 to 4 1/2 steps away from you. If you are not good reading her strings and countering. Just try blocking. Helena often falls for 4 K K as a stun hit connect (while standing obvious) If she's low stancing herself and she's forcing to block and you wanna shake her off, try 6 P K P. Often hurts her upon your successful low stance blocks strings she throws at you and end while you block all of them. Acts as a quick shake off:p. Remember to try and launch her ( 3 K P+K) if you have good health and always P P K K while she's in the air hopeless. Don't ever be afraid to take launch risks if you have descent life and juggle combo, for just about any opponent. Only ones I would avoid a bit for such things are Bass, Bayman,Akira and Tina. The rest are approved by me for launch;)....hmhmhm. Even though I stated a bit that Leifang's up close approach or fighting is her last resort in survival, if you have a good health or descent Its a bit okay to try and go up close and fight this way if you know what your doing(Mostly shake offs methods, stun or critical short strings) and aiming for launchers and small juggles.

4.) To answer your cancel question regarding Leifang's 1 P+K. Did you try side stepping? Some moves like the "Power Blows" cannot be cancel w/ H (Hold). But they can be canceled by side stepping/sidewalking. Double tap up or down quickly while the charge animation. Try that and see if it works. Something DOA stole a bit from Tekken. I saw that Team Ninja/Tecmo :D...hmhmhm.

Don't panic with counters, unless you know your opponent's hit type kind a bit. Just try and block the entire combo string and turn offensive as soon as the last string is blocked by you on the combo. Always go for a quick shake off or attempt the stun, critical small state launch combo for a descent shake off damaging punishment. However for the up close, small stun critical state launch tactic method I advise going for it if the wall game is not working well for Leifang with her 1 P+K ( such as often w/ Lisa) or if you are a bit too far from the wall. Also apply it as a minor risky shakeoff method that rewards you with good damage if the landing is successful. Otherwise Wall game as much as you can

Hope my answer(s) or advise help you better improve now. Glad to answer you or give more helpful hints.

[spoiler=72]http://gamercards.exophase.com/290154.png

ah, just tried to cancel 1P+K by sidestepping. turns out that it can't :(

power blow can be cancelled though :D

well, back to stringing crit burst and wall trap then :D

btw, got any easy crit burst string you could recommend??

especially those that have variation in low/mid/high, 4PP is always countered on the second P, so I have to get creative and only hit the 1st then continue with poking one-by-one until I got critical burst.

or after launcher combo instead PPKK? from a Leifang survival Legend video (which made by Chinese player) I found that PP,6P,6P helps to create space, which helps to walltrap :D

ah, just tried to cancel 1P+K by sidestepping. turns out that it can't :(

power blow can be cancelled though :D

well, back to stringing crit burst and wall trap then :D

btw, got any easy crit burst string you could recommend??

especially those that have variation in low/mid/high, 4PP is always countered on the second P, so I have to get creative and only hit the 1st then continue with poking one-by-one until I got critical burst.

or after launcher combo instead PPKK? from a Leifang survival Legend video (which made by Chinese player) I found that PP,6P,6P helps to create space, which helps to walltrap :D

I don't advise you try and play as her regarding critical bursts because its gonna take longer mastering or kind of getting the hang of it, therefore completing survival mode. I never used critical or power blows to finish survival...Never found the need to. Few reasons. 1.) it has a learning curve I didn't felt like wasting my time doing or learning the proper execution/timer.2.) Its pretty unsafe if you try and go for power blows and mostly if you miss up your critical and power blows often, at least xbox 360 wise due to the awful d -pad. 3.) Her power blow has such a short reach compared to others that trying to land one without a critical burst is suicidal and asking to be defeated if you miss connecting with it's so short reach:(. You make one mistake trying this tactic, don't expect any less than one heck of a punishment from your opponent when you are on your 50's defeats onward. I seen the Taiwan player's video, obviously he knows how to set up critical busts and power blows, but in the end I am a bit better player than him because I done it 8 times versus his most likely only 4 time 100 wins wise, because his trophy popped up when he finished it. So it was his first time he did it on Legend, probably his last. I'm still going most likely twice again for Legend survival clear. I wanna be crown the survival demon 16 time 100 wins champion and well worthy of that title...!:p. Don't go for critical burst or power blows, in my thoughts, its overrated, and non very useful at all. Her power blow isn't even that powerful compare to say Ryu's. It's almost like Sarah Bryant's that the damage is so descent or weak. If you think you'll need it I'm not stopping you, I just can't help you w/ it because again I never found the need for it in survival mode.

2.) I will say, yeah you are right. if you are tired of P P K K as a air juggle, you can try P P 6P 6P, although there is a slight useful "buffering" for it. Try P P 6P (Hold forward "6" after doing 6P first time, and just tap P while holding 6. No need to retap 6 for last 6P) It works good like that for the xbox 360 version at least. You can also try 4 P P P (last P can be charged a bit) although I am not sure if the last P connects for air juggles or after the 2nd P it will send the air opponent flying a bit or out of last P reach. Try it. I am yet to try this, but you try it for me if you can, okay? After a launch see if you can execute a quick, non charged 1 P+K and successfully connect w/ it as a air juggle sub. If you can, then consider yourself a new discover player for pushing back the opponent for more wall trapping !:D

Recent note: I have noticed 4 P P P only works if launched by 8 K (Up K in case confused) It can't seem to work after 3 K P+K as a launch because Leifang facing backwards a bit after it, seems to affect her doing 4 P P P. So new launch discovered for adding 4 P P P. Only P P 6P 6P works after her 3K P+K launch. However mix your launch to 8K because 4P P P or 4P 4P 4P (holding back of course after the first 4P)does have a good push away effect like her 1 P+K. So yeah your new 8K launch follow by 4P 4P 4P is gonna be your new friend to help you stay on the wall game. :)However, it doesn't seem to work for big guys like Bayman, Bass etc. So don't rely on the 4P 4P 4P or 4P P P tactic on them. But they shouldn't cause you too much trouble as they are a bit punching bags if you know their habits and read when their hitbox is exposed for your 1 P+K, provided you maintain the proper good/safe zoning/spacing for them.

[spoiler=71]http://gamercards.exophase.com/290154.png

these methods dont work at all, well at least for me they dont

Hmmm...? So just because somebody is not finding my method or guide working for them I seem to get votes down on my post guide? Quite cleaver.:cool:. You do know I am not forcing you to stick to my method, there are other options. I am also am not attacking you or being self centered w/ my guide. I am just telling you the honest truth. You seem to have a lot of stuff on your head you worry about in survival mode. Which is crazy and not needed to worry about. If you accept it, and decide to stop concerning/worrying about these things, you have my word you will improve a bit at least if you work hard enough and put your mind to it. You can pick anyone else. Doesn't have to be Leifang. I am just telling you honest advice. It may seem I am being a bit self centered, but I am not. I am telling you simply what some skilled survival players would honestly tell you, in a worse way, or a slight better way than mine if anything. If you don't take my advice as a helpful tip that you should apply to your thinking while playing this mode, and rather see it as a attack or insult which is not... And you don't improve because you refuse to accept it in a way and never improve in this mode called "survival" there is the door... Quit, leave and walkout. I was at one point and at a time just like you and been there. I use to doubt survival mode 100 wins being possible, and guess what I seek a bit of help. But unlike you here, lets just say I got more critic advice in a more rude matter than you'll ever see coming for me towards others. Do you think success comes quick in here for this? No, sir you are wrong. I can write a whole book about survival or all my DOA 2- 5 survival experience and tips, but if you don't understand everything from a veteran/skilled survival player's mind or every single word written or method tried to put into words... It would be useless.

About 7 or 8 years ago I was rudely classified "unskilled" or "Not having a mind to ever improve" by a self centered,disrespectful, insignificant Imbecile female pro player in this game. Little did she know at the time I was diagnosed with a nerve symptom on my brain or head that caused me to feel lightheaded often, headaches, minor vomit, so I couldn't focus on improving on stuff not that important to my health. 7 or 8 years later my skills have skyrocket a bit since that event and my diagnosed nerve symptoms have drastically lowered and are a bit under control now compared to those 8 or 7 years ago. And as far as I know, that female player is under rocks or has disappeared off the DOA community radar for quite a while and is probably washed up in her own filth for insulting a few people and sucking butt now since in her last major tournament she got owned badly. I can focus now a bit on stuff I want to develop or improve. Being for my hobby or education, or working skills developing a bit. I have come a long way since those 8 years.

Once again I ask politely, to please don't down vote threads like these again. It's rude, its a bit disrespectful for people who have taken the time to share ways they have completed survival and share it with the forum public. You may not find it working, useful, might even hate it or start believing it will never ever work. That's fine. Not everyone is gonna be a Leifang survival player, a Lisa survival player, or a Alpha 152 player. Truth is you are not understanding them completely if you are failing in survival regardless of who you pick. You must find within yourself what you must learn, methods to apply, elements needed to be recorded to your head regarding spacing, zoning, habits, open hit points or hit boxes. What silly worries or thoughts you have on your head every time you play survival that seems to be affecting your focus and progress often, ending in failure to reach your 100 wins, that you should eliminate or stop having them on your head. The guide(s) cannot teach you all this. Find it within yourself and stop attacking guides or post and accept your flaw(s).

If you don't want this small minor drama being told to you and you needing to accept it to get you to the 100 wins levels of skills for survival.. Once again there is the door... Quit survival or playing the game and walkout of the game and survival mode if you can't accept the truth a bit. This is not for you. Survival mode will never be a cakewalk as far as I know. It will take trail and error, even for skilled players like myself. It will take even a bit further and more trail and error and time consuming for new comers or less experience DOA survival players. I have failed w/ Leifang. Who said I haven't.. I have failed like 6 or 7 times sometimes in my survival play sessions before I nailed my 100 wins. Just because I failed those times does not mean my guide is a failure. I eventually conquered all survivals modes twice w/ Leifang. Don't you dare down vote these threads guides once again if you can't even get to 100 wins wise on champ at least with anyone. The Lisa users, the Alpha 152 users, and myself have broken sweat, time, dedication to once again try our best to share ways we put countless hours trying to come up with ourselves, regarding tactics, opponent behavior, best moves to throw, how to deal in certain situations, good zoning/spacing, bad zoning position. This takes time and even to share it, is a generosity in itself. You want proof my guide is not a failure and should not be down voted?!? Check my two xbox 360 gamertags. Both "all survival modes cleared - Survival master" achievement aquired both using Leifang. That's 8- 100 wins done successful in survival w/ Leifang w/ my method posted here. I have nothing to say to you and have my proof already if you still have a grudge against my guide. What do you have to defend yourself saying my guide is a joke, and down voting it most likely showing minor disrespect to me and it, if you can't even get 100 wins yet?:rolleyes:

Thanks A LOT Juri!

Finally FINISHED THE MUTHAF***IN SURVIVAL!!!

although I did add string burst combo, and Unsho stance, not just relying on 1P+K (maybe my reaction time sucks compared to you LOL)

the downside of using string combo vs walltrap is that the score probably still below Sarah (1.000.000) but who cares, now I will never touch survival again :D