Alpha-152 Combos/Tips for Survival

wanzerpilot09

Alright guys, I think we need to create a list of some Alpha tactics for those who have chosen to use her (like me :)). I think we can all agree that this mode is stupid, but it's required for platinum. If I post anything that was mentioned in other threads already, this will be a friendly reminder of those. We're all here to help each other out, so I'm willing to say that someone here probably came up with a few of these on their own. I'm not one that likes to take credit, lol.

For Alpha, I think we can all agree that spacing is KEY. Her recovery float after some moves is a pain (even with using Hold to warp back into a fighting stance) because if you whiff, you'll end up eating some nasty combos (and being near a wall during this is a nightmare...). So here are some combos that I think help create that gap if you are in close range; with your position at the center of the arena (you can always attempt to use these if you feel comfortable near a wall...):

6PPP -> 6KKKK

^Pretty good, but with a startup of 13 frames for 6P, it's 4 frames slower than your standing P.

PPPPPP (do not add the 7th P for this!) -> KKKK7K

^I think we can all agree that since a standing P is a 9 frame move, it could be helpful in a pressure situation (hoping they don't counter/block 24/7).

KKKK7K

^An easier alternative to the combo above. The startup is a tad slower though.

4KKKK

^A much slower startup, so I'd only recommend this if you are feeling confident that you can land it on your opponent.

4K6K

^It still has that slow startup, but it ends sooner. I think I'd say that it might keep you safer than the latter (I'm not going to guarantee that though).

2P

^Brought up to me by Kagerasimaru, it's a good move for resetting yourself when you are in close range. It's a quick low jab that the AI usually has a hard time doing anything about. Once you throw this out, go back to your other combos for spacing.

Now with the gap created, playing 'keep away' can be tricky. Here are some combos you can use at long range:

4KKKK

4K6K

^Works very nicely against Kokoro. The startup of the move ends up being quicker in addition to recovering.

I'm pretty sure these are the best combos to use at long range, but I could easily be wrong (feel free to add some suggestions!). Although these work, the AI sometimes doesn't always do what you want. They might not run towards you enough to punish successfully or they'll move in too quick for your move to startup without eating a punch/kick. I would like to discuss this with you guys so we can figure how to approach this when it happens.

So for now, that wraps up this post, but I'll add additional thoughts as this thread begins to takeoff. I'd like to discuss tactics against specific characters (Sarah, Kokoro, Gen Fu, Jann Lee, etc.). Those ones I listed are the ones that hate me, lol. For an ending note, I hardly post on this website, so I guess that might say how frustrating this has become for me. I've gotten to Champ difficulty (making it to 73 wins... stupid Sarah...), but I'm struggling. Well then, discuss!

Edited by wanzerpilot09
Additional Comments

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By pressing the Hold button (whichever button you have it mapped to). If you mean when he defeats an opponent, it just resets your character (which is awesome btw).

All right

Just 24 titles left and then Alpha ALL THE WAY!!!

Please clone be my savior...

I FUCKING QUIT!!!!

MY WHOLE FUCKING SCORE LIST IS ALPHA NOW!

Each time I get my fucking ass kicked around 48/49

9 times!!!!!

And this is only the hard difficulty

I pick this up after the weekend cause else I'm gonna have to buy a new controller.

My hands hurt.

I FUCKING QUIT!!!!

MY WHOLE FUCKING SCORE LIST IS ALPHA NOW!

Each time I get my fucking ass kicked around 48/49

9 times!!!!!

And this is only the hard difficulty

I pick this up after the weekend cause else I'm gonna have to buy a new controller.

My hands hurt.

Change Punch and Kick to L1/R1 ;)

what is the effect of changing buttons???

When using Triangle and Circle to punch and kick your thumbs ache like hell after a while...since changing to L1/R1 not long after release I've not had the problem once :) I also have L2 - Hold, R2 - Throw, X - P+K, O - H+K, Square - P+K+H and Triangle - Taunt. Because you don't have to mash those input's its easy on the thumbs :cool: Just Legend to go now...

When using Triangle and Circle to punch and kick your thumbs ache like hell after a while...since changing to L1/R1 not long after release I've not had the problem once :) I also have L2 - Hold, R2 - Throw, X - P+K, O - H+K, Square - P+K+H and Triangle - Taunt. Because you don't have to mash those input's its easy on the thumbs :cool: Just Legend to go now...

I based my config from Tekken and Soul Calibur;

:square: - Punch

:triangle: - Kick

:cross: - Hold / Block

:circle: - Throw

:l1: - H+K

:l2: - H+P+K (Taunt)

:r1: - P+K (Power Blow)

:r2: - Throw / Tag

I guess I should swap Kick to :circle: instead. Since playing those 3 fighting games can be confusing sometimes.

I based my config from Tekken and Soul Calibur;

:square: - Punch

:triangle: - Kick

:cross: - Hold / Block

:circle: - Throw

:l1: - H+K

:l2: - H+P+K (Taunt)

:r1: - P+K (Power Blow)

:r2: - Throw / Tag

I guess I should swap Kick to :circle: instead. Since playing those 3 fighting games can be confusing sometimes.

Don't your thumbs ever ache to the point where you have to stop playing for a bit?

just tested with alpha and alpha sucks big time, the legend AI kicks alphas ass so hard =/

Legend AI sucks lol I just got to Lisa at the end with Alpha...started with low health though :(

Edited by Aazesyne

it seems the legend AI keeps blocking and countering almost 100% of the time, would there be any easy combo with alpha, because of her fast attacks. though the lei fang strat is good but do it 100 without dying seems to be a bit harsh imo.

ive been experimenting with alpha since i got her unlocked today. so far no good combos found yet, without taking damage. and her slow downfall to the ground is a bit annoying too, unless you press H to make her stand again.

i will keep testing a few and if i do find one with no deaths i will write how i did. if not then my best bet is with lei fang. cause now, survival is the only one standing between me and my lisa costume. and of course the trophy, but that i can do with retry i think.

just my thoughts for that though =)

Okay, here is what i did, after some testing. With Alpha.

Startup 8KKKKKK(Up D-Pad+K) just spam the hell out of it

Tap H (Hold) as much as you can until she stands on the ground.

When you see them start running towards you, you then start the combo with 6KKKKK(Forward D-Pad+K) spam here too

Keep tap H until shes on ground

Then use 4KKKKKK(Back D-Pad) keep spam that too

Tap H again until on ground.

If they are to close and Alpha is in the air press P to fly over to other side and tap H fast then use any combo. I had good use of 8KKKK with 4KKKK together and could sometimes pull of 11-13 combo.

This was on Hard so far. still haven't beated hard as it is a pain but i managed to get much further through that tactic on Alpha than i did on Lei Fang. 45 with Alpha (until i messed up) but only 12 with Lei Fang.

Also if they are on ground and you need spacing and on left side use 7P>> H tap >> combo of your choice and also it works with 7P > P but thats almosy 50/50 of the time, not always guaranteed it will work cause they will block it.

And if they are to close use the 8KKKKKK spam to kick em away.

I hope this one will help, i tried to help on this one, but i need more testing on other things. =)

Let me know what you think of that, cause i don't know really i just tested some stuff :p

Edited by Zerio

im always lose when close distance , how i can keep far when in close distance? theres something move for go back for make a space ?

Yes there is, press 7P > H and if you want further distance you need to float under them to move away further with 7P > P