Is anybody else having trouble accessing your Online Inbox in the game? Every time I go to try and access it, it say THQ Server Error: This Darksiders II online service is currently unavailable. Please try again later. Visit darksiers.com/status for more information. I personally can't seem to get to this web address, nor the darksiders website. :mad: Its very frustrating, since the last trophy I need is the Pay it Forward trophy, which requires the online service. Please help if you have any advice or are having the same issue. Thanks!

THQ was bought out a few months back after going bankrupt and the Darksiders franchise sold off to a Nordic company, the website that error mentions no longer exists. At this moment the servers are thought to be down for maintenance: http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/darksiders-ii/199850-did-game-have-servers.html

Might as well post this here too since this got its own thread.

Someone from Nordic Games commented on the official Darksiders community earlier this week and this is what he said:

Hey,

This is horseman Reinhard from Nordic Games.

We are looking into that [server error]. Just a quick question: The game also doesnt ask you to login to your THQ account or it doesnt work, correct?

Just for your information: The whole server environment is still not in our hands so we need to liaise with the people that are left at THQ to work this out.

Best,

Reinhard Pollice

Executive Horseman @ Nordic Games GmbH

He also said some other things but nothing conclusive. Here's a link.

From what I can tell, it seems like THQ has been managing the server up until june 29th and then left it to Nordic who are now in charge of bringing it back online or not. So I guess we'll see but I got a feeling this game might have become unplattable. :(

Yeah, I really hope they fix it too! Seems like some kind of "warning" or statement should have been made, but if THQ was handling it and they no longer exist, then would they even bother? And sure, the game hasn't even been out for a full year yet but if you don't think about the trophy, the game doesn't exactly suffer from having this one small online component unavailable so maybe it's not a high priority.

Not knowing in what capacity THQ even exists anymore, I sent a mail to their support as well and asked about this. To my surprise, I actally got a reply today and it said:

This issue is currently being looked into by Nordic Games. Unfortunately, we don't have any precise estimate as to when this will be resolved. You may wish to try again later. We apologize for the inconvenience.

While that's not news, it's at least another confirmation that something is being done about it. :)

• 3 months later...

A 1 player game that was ruined for THQ greed. God I hope some of these fuckers end up homeless.

Bit extreme for the sake of an unplattable game of the servers are down? Maybe. But this is what ruined the whole trophy system. Between gamers moaning some are too difficult, to those (myself included) that wanted to plat all games no matter how grindy it got, which then led to publishers abusing DLC trophies.

Here is what I would do if I were you gents.

Get the PS4 and create two accounts. Use for playing whatever game you want, and keep another for plat only games, but only buy them when you know its 100% working and can be platted even months after first release.

Darksiders II is actually still plattable on PS3, but I hear the 360 side is still broken and the 1000G isn't possible anymore. Not completely sure so don't hold me to it.

I get what you're saying regardless though and I completely agree. This is the problem with online trophies. DLC trophies included. 100%'ING a game basically requires extra payout now or waiting for a complete edition. What happens when one of them doesn't get a complete disc edition and the DLC gets lost in the abyss, lot's of people care about this kind of stuff. I know I do. I currently run somewhat of a perfect profile and I work hard to keep it that way, the only things I'm missing are DLC trophies. Anyway, this is hardly the topic for that kind of discussion I guess.

Edited by TunnelingEffect

• 2 months later...

DLC are made for trophy hunters and whores only...developers getting more greedy ..and what makes it worse is the online DLC !!! i wish the whole ps universe would make a revolution against that crap ...

However i just bought the game yesterday and i hope i won't find out that the online trophies are no longer achievable therefore no platinum

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
Whats the dev team called that owns this franchise now?

Also. Could someone list the names of all required online trophies.

Many thanks.

Nordic games owns the rights to this franchise now and the only true online trophy is the one for gifting an item to someone, the other 2 just require PSN access for a few seconds to download the access codes from the Crucible Pass so you can use the Crucible offline :).