Do save files and trophies carry over to 'Prepare to Die' Edition?

WelshSheepLuv

I dunno if this has been asked already, but I couldn't see a thread. Basically, I played the orginal version of the game and sold the disc on, but kept my save file. If I buy the 'Prepare to Die' edition, will my save file carry across or will I have to start from scratch? Also, will the game create a new trophy list or will it use the orginally one i.e. will I be able to obtain all the trophies for a second time?

Word of warning guys - just picked up the prepare to die edition - my save file DID NOT TRANSFER. From looking at the Amazon reviews, it depends on what version's of the game you use. My copy is a EU disc, but my orginal game was a UK disc. It isn't such a big deal for me, because I had barely started New Game+ and was still in the Undead Burg, so starting again isn't such a chore. Anyway, be careful guys!

Word of warning guys - just picked up the prepare to die edition - my save file DID NOT TRANSFER. From looking at the Amazon reviews, it depends on what version's of the game you use. My copy is a EU disc, but my orginal game was a UK disc. It isn't such a big deal for me, because I had barely started New Game+ and was still in the Undead Burg, so starting again isn't such a chore. Anyway, be careful guys!

I discovered that to my cost a few days ago, though fortunately I wasn't very far into the game but it's annoying all the same. Both my copies of Dark Souls are from the UK but when I loaded the Prepare To Die Edition, it created a new save and never even recognised there was a save there already :(. The only possible cause I can think of is my basic release didn't have the DLC installed :think:.

Here are my BLES Codes:

Limited Edition (bought from my local Game store before they closed down):

BLES 01402

Prepare To Die Edition (bought from Amazon.co.uk on launch day):

BLES 01765

Both copies have the PEGI 16 Rating on them and both were bought in the UK.

Edited by Terminator
Added extra info.

I discovered that to my cost a few days ago, though fortunately I wasn't very far into the game but it's annoying all the same. Both my copies of Dark Souls are from the UK but when I loaded the Prepare To Die Edition, it created a new save and never even recognised there was a save there already :(. The only possible cause I can think of is my basic release didn't have the DLC installed :think:.

Here are my BLES Codes:

Limited Edition (bought from my local Game store before they closed down):

BLES 01402

Prepare To Die Edition (bought from Amazon.co.uk on launch day):

BLES 01765

Both copies have the PEGI 16 Rating on them and both were bought in the UK.

Same for me.

Both Discs have the PEGI 16 Rating and are confirmed as "EU-Version" on ogdb.

Its correct that savegames do not carry over from different versions/regions but i would have thought, that for an upgrade...

Because what else is PTD?

Its Dark souls on disc wich includes the latest DLC.

I mean, the same worked for Fallout 3, Fallout NV, Borderlands, Resident Evil 5, Dragon Age, Dragon Age 2, etc.

I could always use my old savegames when i upgraded to the GOTY Edition or whatever it was called.

Of course i had to make sure that i bought the same Region Version, wich i did with Dark Souls too.

But still, on top ot my Dark Souls Limited Ed (Big one, with ArtBook) and my Pre-Order PTD i had to buy the DLC from PSNto play...

Sorry, but i do not see the reason to start over with over 700hrs playtime on my main tbh.

I'm a big fan of the series, got 3 times Demons Souls and played Dark Souls around 50-60 times at least.

But after this... :facepalm:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...