Got Platinum , Ask away anything

duck360

Here is a link to a working guide : http://www.yourgamercards.net/forums/index.php?/topic/6061-dark-souls-speed-run-to-platinum/

I have just earned the platinum and wanted to help you guys with information about how to get some items or trophies so ask away anything , other than those two please don't ask .

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fzo8Yy2DGD8&feature=channel_video_title]Dark Souls Platinum Trophy - YouTube[/ame]

Edited by duck360

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My only question is- what is the bare number of playthroughs required?

If you read a guide you can do it in just 2 playthroughs but I did it with 5 cause I didn't know about anything :( also you will have to go online to get 5 items and help at least 2 guys online

is possible to get all 9 covenant in one run? If the answer is yes, how. Thx

Yes but therre is two tricky covenants ;) one requires 50 faith or just help online guys cause when you beat the boss while helping one the 50 faith will drop to 45 for every help :) just don't die

Edited by duck360

If you read a guide you can do it in just 2 playthroughs but I did it with 5 cause I didn't know about anything :( also you will have to go online to get 5 items and help at least 2 guys online

Yes but therre is two tricky covenants ;) one requires 50 faith or just help online guys cause when you beat the boss while helping one the 50 faith will drop to 45 for every help :) just don't die

The trick for change covenant whitout pay souls for breaking covenant?

Question One: What weapon did you find the most helpful for beating the game, and if needs to be crafted, what material is required?

Question Two: How difficult is the final boss? From looking in the Official Guide he looks absurdly epic and difficult. The complete opposite of Demon's Souls.

Question Three: How much therapy do you have to endure to recover from the trauma of dying so much in one game?

The trick for change covenant whitout pay souls for breaking covenant?

I dunno what you mean but there are 4 covenants that needs to be ranked up in order to get a spell or weapon , the others is ok to break them cause they won't care

Edit : you need 3 playthroughs two and a half at least cause you need to kill wolf 3 times

Question One: What weapon did you find the most helpful for beating the game, and if needs to be crafted, what material is required?

Question Two: How difficult is the final boss? From looking in the Official Guide he looks absurdly epic and difficult. The complete opposite of Demon's Souls.

Question Three: How much therapy do you have to endure to recover from the trauma of dying so much in one game?

All Hail Scimitar ! +10 Magic xD and Gravelord + 5 for online ;)

Not that difficult if you have help with online but alone he may spam attacks at you and if he grabbed you and you have low health after that prepare to dodge immediatly , if you're lucky you will manage to survive , hide behind a rock and heal .

I don't understand ? dying won't make any difference anymore in this one so just keep on dying lol

Edited by duck360

Congrats on the Plat Duck,

My question for you is about online item trading, is it still possible?

Also do boss souls carry over? I'd like to be able to ascend/ create weapons on New Game +, thanks.

It is but with weapons or armors not spells or miracles , new game + will carry everything over except key items and covenants givin items to make them deepen before you reach +1 will reset , I noticed this while going through darkmoon covenant :(

first: grats man, really epic.

second: will you write platinium guide for ps3trophies?

Thanks , Maybe later I dunno .

i have 2 questions:

1. are new game+ alot harder like demon souls?

i confused by this 2 qoutes:

I don't understand ? dying won't make any difference anymore in this one so just keep on dying lol

so i can die al what i want but i just cant die? i dont understand lol

i have 2 questions:

1. are new game+ alot harder like demon souls?

i confused by this 2 qoutes:

so i can die al what i want but i just cant die? i dont understand lol

Dying won't make anything different in this game not like demon's souls where they get harder , you just need to pick up your souls in where you died , you have to help online guys beating bosses up and don't die while doing that , if you are just progressing your story and you died it's okay but when an online summons you as a friendly don't die and beat the boss and yes it's harder in new game + but after that it just gets a little bit harder in new game ++

Dying won't make anything different in this game not like demon's souls where they get harder , you just need to pick up your souls in where you died , you have to help online guys beating bosses up and don't die while doing that , if you are just progressing your story and you died it's okay but when an online summons you as a friendly don't die and beat the boss and yes it's harder in new game + but after that it just gets a little bit harder in new game ++

this may sound stupid but what happens if u die by fighting bosses? do u disconnect then?

anything "missable" out there? or at least something that one should watch out for from the start as to not having to do a lot more playthroughs than necessary?

also: how long did it take you?

one more: there's a trophy for getting all rare weapons. you can sell stuff right? (don't have the game yet) so do you have to be in possession of all the weapons at once (without being allowed to sell them) or do you just have to own them at some point and can sell them anytime?

Edited by UnholyInfinity

Wow, plat already!? Congrats!

Unfortunately i never played Demon's Souls, so i'm gathering all the information i can get for Dark Souls, oh, and i intend to do co-op.

What exactly happens when you die on-line, while helping when summoned? You loose all of your souls permanently? :confused:

Edited by nastich88

Duck, what are the main stats we should upgrade to do good in this game?

Vitality 50 , Endurance 50, Dixirity to 18 I think , faith to 40 and help 2 guys online and beat the boss

this may sound stupid but what happens if u die by fighting bosses? do u disconnect then?

No you just fail to help the guy who summoned you and you have to try again :) every help will reduce the faith required for sunlight covenant recruitement , standard 50 , every help reduces 5 , you want to waste your level ups on faith to get 50 ? or help at least 3 guys ?

anything "missable" out there? or at least something that one should watch out for from the start as to not having to do a lot more playthroughs than necessary?

also: how long did it take you?

one more: there's a trophy for getting all rare weapons. you can sell stuff right? (don't have the game yet) so do you have to be in possession of all the weapons at once (without being allowed to sell them) or do you just have to own them at some point and can sell them anytime?

Everything can be gotten in new game + , ++ etc , always see the list of the dragons that you need to cut their tails off , which covenants will give you a weapon or spells if you get +1 or +2 on it .

it took me 150 hours without a guide just a wiki that is in jpn and questions in gamefaqs .

You should have all rare weapons available at the box or your inventory , not all weapons are rare and you need to complete 2 playthroughs and a half if you follow a guide cause you need to kill sif the wolf 3 times , so you can blame sif , weapons or items cannot be sold but you can feed it to a monster for souls .

Wow, plat already!? Congrats!

Unfortunately i never played Demon's Souls, so i'm gathering all the information i can get for Dark Souls, oh, and i intend to do co-op.

What exactly happens when you die on-line, while helping when summoned? You loose all of your souls permanently? :confused:

You just fail and have to try again , when you get summoned and kill the boss for the guy you joined you get sunlight medal and the faith required for sunlight covenant reduces by 5 .

I have well two or 3 questions

A)Did u got that game only on street date NA (and didn't play it before (meaning knowing bunch of stuff about it like u could have tested the game pre-launch and know most of it)? (Which mean Tuesday this week so 3 days ago)

If the answer is NO and u knew about it a lot or got it maybe a week or two ago than next two question aren't important.

What are u doing as a living to have enough time not only to finish the game but to platinium it starting from scratch in only 3 days?

Was it fun? Or was it just pure running and not enjoying the game as a whole and only the ending achievement?.