***Updated 01/03/2019 - Replaced the High Explosive video (again)***

The Spec Ops Soloing Guide is now complete. I've completely overhauled the thread to make things much neater and more organized. I'd like to say thank you to everyone who contributed and chimed in with support and success stories.

Any additional information, videos, suggestions, new strategies or tactics that serves to improve upon the soloing experience should be posted and will be added to the thread. Thanks again everyone!^^

Introduction

Welcome to the Modern Warfare 2 Spec Ops - Guides to Soloing Thead.

The purpose of this thread is to provide support to those individuals who may be trapped in a never-ending circle of frustration and have run into dead ends trying to obtain help from the Spec-Ops Boosting Thread.

Obviously not all Spec Ops can/should be soloed but there are several otherwise difficult Ops that actually can be soloed with relative ease and efficiency of time.

I'd also like to welcome members who have successfully soled various Spec Ops to post their own walkthroughs if you so feel inclined.

Having said that, please avoid doing so unless you're able to provide a "roadmap-like" feel to your guide. It should be detailed and have content.

Everyone has skill levels of varying degrees so any subsequent walkthroughs should be easily digestible to the gamer of average skill.

Depending on your patience, focus and skill, these Ops walkthroughs may take more time to complete (or they may not).

Always remember to be patient, focused and determined and you will succeed. Being a gungho Rambo probably wont work in your favor.

Lastly, keep in mind mistakes happen and that's okay! A stray bullet (or two), a pissed off half-dead Juggernaut laying the smack-down and other things may happen. No worries! Just stay the course and be confident. :applause:

OKAY! Enough monologuing already. "Let's do this!"

- Alpha Missions -

- The Pit - Credit to Cheezbrgr for the video.

- Sniper Fi - Credit to jagriff333 for the video.

- O Cristo Redentor - Credit to ktf2222 for the video.

- Evasion - Credit to XCVii007r1 for the video.

- Suspension - Credit to AirWing for the video.

- Bravo Missions -

- Overwatch - 2 players required to complete this Spec Ops mission, Credit to DevilHunterXYZ for the Soloing video.

- Body Count - Credit to Khanh777 for the video.

- Bomb Squad - Credit to jagriff333for the video.

- Race - Credit to XCVii007r1 for the video.

- Big Brother - 2 Players required to complete this Spec Ops (although some have used 2 controllers to get through it), Credit to blatterpan's channel for the Soloing video (due to a glitch, you have to watch this on Youtube itself).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=912GxvalOTQ MW2 Spec Ops Veteran Big Brother SOLO - YouTube

- Charlie Missions -

- Hidden - Credit to XCVii007r1 for the video.

- Breach and Clear - Credit to BoricuaGaming for this find.

- Time Trial - Credit to kbc8090 for the video.

Edited by Viper
Update.

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

- Charlie Missions, Continued -

- Homeland Security - Walkthrough by Yoshi_Girl.

Spoiler

Okay, this is another Op where time is of the essence. You only have a few seconds before the enemy starts rushing your area.

Wave 1

The moment the Op begins switch to your handgun and trade it for the Thermal-scoped rifle laying on the tarp in front of you. Next, quickly grab the Sentry gun (not the Claymores, yet) and immediately sprint behind the Gas Station and behind the Restaurant and enter said establishment through the back door.

Quickly make your way in, around and behind the kitchen counter (where I'm sure delicious food used to be prepared) and set up the Sentry Gun at an angle so it faces the side of the Gas Station closest to you. This is so the Turret can have the radius capacity to engage enemies that enter through the back door.

By now the smoke sound has popped and glass is starting to shatter inside the restaurant. No problem. Just keep your head low and quickly run out from behind the kitchen area and grab the other folded Sentry Gun.

Run back behind the kitchen counter area and set that one up next to the other Sentry. Position the 2nd Turret so it's facing the front of the Restaurant/Street.

Now, just crouch, take cover and move around behind the countertop. Break out your Thermal and lend your Sentry buddies a hand at picking off some enemies.

Note: Because you're "camped" behind the kitchen counter throughout the entire mission, the danger from the Predator Drone becomes moot and one less headache to have to worry about.

Once the enemy count reaches "2 remaining", crouch and as safely and quickly as you can, make your way out the back door of the restaurant and run back to the starting point to grab the Claymores.

By this time the Sentrys should have finished off the last 2 enemies and because of your efficiency of time you have your Clays in hand and are back inside the restaurant before the next sound of smoke popping occurs.

Wave 2

Once you enter the restaurant through the backdoor (with your Clays) turn around to your right. You see the trash recepticle against the wall? You want to place a Claymore at an angle (facing outside) next to it.

Quickly run back to your "camp" and drop off another Clay at the front entrance area somewhere (preferably in a spot where the enemies can't shoot it when they approach the Restaurant.

Jump back behind the counter and ride out Wave 2. Easy Peasy. Be sure to help your Turrets, though, with your Thermal.

Wave 3

Remember the Claymore that you placed by the backdoor trash recepticle at the start of Wave 2? Is it still there? If so, great! If not replace it. This should be an automatic thing through each Wave. You want a little insurance back there before each round starts. This not only provides security but the explosion from the Claymore will alert you to the fact that there are/might be enemies trying to flank you from behind the Restaurant.

There's an attack Helo for Wave 3 but ignore it. Pretend it's not even there until the last of the enemy assault has been put down. Once all the enemy ground troops have been dispatched then it's time to bring down the bird.

Are you good with RPG's? Very cool. Grab one and carefully try to shoot it down. Remember, just because the Chopper pilot can't aim worth poo-poo doesn't mean stray bullets wont end your Ops quickly.

Not so good with RPG's? Not a problem. I find using a machine gun of some kind to be a much better (and accurate) way of bringing down those Helos.

Once the Helo is down make sure you have the Thermal with you still and a replacement for the RPG you used on the bird. Double-check your backdoor has a Clay as well as the 1 at the front entrance area again.

Wave 4

Nothing crazy, just more enemies this time and a BTR80. Again, your sole focus is on the ground troops. The BTR is insignificant for now.

You're still camping behind the kitchen counter yeah? Very good. How are both your Sentry friends? They still alive? Great!

(If your Sentry Guns have been taken out please refer to "Plan B" at the bottom of this guide)

By now you'll have noticed the enemies are getting mowed down throughout each Wave by your Sentry Turrets. Because the Turrets are behind the counter they are well-protected from grenade blasts. They may take the occassional bullet but they're tough!

Just be cautious and on your guard. Continue to provide support for your Turrets with either your Thermal or your Red-Dot-something. Stay alert for any backdoor activity. Again, the Clay you put there (there is one there, right?) will let you know somethings happening back there.

Once all enemies are down go ahead and grab an AT4 or RPG and locate the BTR. It should be easy. Just look for a large armored vehicle shooting at imaginary targets and you'll have found your mark. Don't go outside to take it out, though. You may get its attention and get hurt.

Wave 5

After the BTR is down quickly regroup and restock (if you need to). This is the last Wave so it's time to buckle up and hang on! Replace the Claymore at the backdoor if you haven't already. Set up any remaining Clays left in your inventory at the front area of the Restaurant.

Lots of enemies + a BTR80 and 2 Attack Helos

Again, pay no mind to the BTR and the Helos. They don't exist (until you kill off all the enemies). This Wave should be no different than any previous round. Just stay alert. Focus and pay attention to what's going on.

If you haven't really been providing any support for your Turrent friends then I recommend you do now. The idea is to keep the enemy from getting inside the Restuarant (which sometimes happens regardless of the Turrets).

Additionally, keep an eye on the area behind the Gas Station. If you're able to pick off enemies trying to get to you from behind the Restaurant so much the better. It keeps your trusty Claymore back there nice and fresh.

For the last Wave just keep going and stay on your toes.

All the enemies finished off? Fantastic. There's nothing to it but to take out the BTR and 2 Helos. By now you're an expert on handling those beasts so get to it and....

"Mission Success!"

***Plan B***

If at any point in the mission your Sentry Turrets are destroyed, ie; a grenade somehow got back behind the counter and took them out, it's time to wax the kitchen floor with your camo's.

Immediately go prone and up against the counter while on the floor. Face towards the opening where you enter the kitchen area and be prepared for a much longer completion time.

You'll have to have a lot of patience and just wait for the enemies to come back there. The idea is to shoot them immediately upon seeing them before they have time to find you on the floor and rain the pain on you.

With endurance, determination and luck, you'll make it just fine.

- Alternate method (for Homeland Security) - Thanks to dz06lt for the written contribution (below the YT video) and Pvt Rain for the nice YouTube video find.

Spoiler

There is an easier way to get homeland security, take the first sentry and run into the road to the right and place it in the middle, then run to the diner and take the second sentry and place it behind the counter. Finally when you have 1-3 guys left in wave one run across the street and to the roof of the restaurant there will be sentry 3 set it up near the broken corner of the restaurant.

Jump down and proceed back to the diner and take your place behind the counter. The turrets will do ALL the work for you bar the choppers and BTR's. You may only encounter 1-2 guys that make it into the diner just take em out when they come in the front door. No one should be able to enter from the rear door due to your placement of sentry 1.

Be sure to take the BTRs out as soom as they cross in front of the restaurant. You will need an RPG. also the choppers can be killed with the Machine gun that is on the counter to your right.

This will only take you about 10-12 mins on VET depending on your ability to take down the choppers and the BTRs

- Snatch and Grab - Credit to Pvt Rain for the video find.

- Delta Missions -

- Wardriving - Credit to CGStudios for producing (?) and Gameoverdose for the upload. Note: A few posters on this video's site have commented on this not being Veteran difficulty. I can't verify for sure so use your own judgement.

- Wreckage - Credit to ChinoChibi for the video.

- Acceptable Losses - Credit to Khanh777 for the video.

Edited by Viper

- Delta Missions, Continued -

- Terminal - Credit to X3XEX.

- Estate Takedown - Credit to XCVii007r1 for the original video.

- Echo Missions -

- Wetwork - Credit to p3rvypri3st for the original unload and to technole for the IW Wetwork solo video find.

- High Explosives - Credit to p3ervypri3stfor the original upload. Note: The exact strategy, methods and circumstances may vary from player to player. Just find your own groove and go for it!

- Alternate Method (High Explosives) - Soloing alternative provided by rk0900.

I just beat High Explosive while solo using a revised version of Angershock's method. The Juggs pretty much cant hit you when you're behind the car at the beginning, assuming they're coming from the alley that's straight in-front of the car. The only problem is they don't only come from that alley. They come from the sides, etc. Angershock's method solves that. If you go in the window at the beginning the juggs will automatically come into that alley so they can come in the door and kill you. Right when you see them about to enter the door throw a flashbang, get out of that house (using the window) and hide behind the car. The juggs will come charging down the alley, can't hit you, and are ready to get blown up. While crouched behind the car, just shoot grenades through the car window at them as they come down the alley. Most of the time they will be clustered when coming from the alley and a shot will stop them all from advancing towards your car. If they do separate and come around both sides of the car, throw a flash bang and run back into the window and try again

This method is definitely not fool proof but none of the other methods seem to be either (assuming solo), as this was the only one I could get to work.

- Alternate Method (High Explosives) - Credit to GamePlayUK for the original upload.

- Armor Piercing - Walkthrough by Yoshi_Girl.

Spoiler

Alright, once this Ops starts the clock is ticking. I found out the hard way by going afk at the starting point that the Juggs eventually come for you no matter where you're at.

The first thing you want to do is run up the half-stairs and quickly grab the Barrett 50. Cal Sniper Rifle. This beast is your best friend throughout the next 15 minutes of your life.

Once you grab the Barrett quickly sprint up the flight of stairs but STOP at the very top of the stairs and stay put. Unless something horribly goes wrong this is your "camp" for the entire mission.

Upon reaching the top of the first flight of stairs (from the starting point) pan your camera to the back-left and up until your crosshairs are pointing to the right of the bottom of the stairs and in-between the metal railing, all of which is ontop of the Breach room.

Getting the idea now? Good! Yes, you're going to snipe the Juggs the moment they come down those stairs you're now targeting.

The idea is to fire that first shot the moment the Jugg reaches the bottom of the stairs and you have a clear view of them in your scope. Firing at them while they're still coming down the stairs will most likely cause you to draw unnecessary fire the moment they reach the bottom of the stairs. Those few seconds that it takes them to run all the way across that platform (above the Breach room) is your window of opportunity.

Occasionally, after a Jugg takes fire they crouch low while stumbling forward (at an alarming pace I might add) and you might lose them in your sights only for them to pop back up at the far end staircase. If this happens don't panic! Yes, you're now vulnerable to fire but you also have a clear view of them and can finish them off before they even reach the bottom of the stairs.

This process is used for each and every Jugg until the mission is completed. You want to conserve ammo. Try to bring down each Jugg with no more than 7-8 rounds each (preferrably less).

If you get unlucky and a Jugg makes it across the platform (again, above the Breach room) and down the stairs just quickly retreat back down the starting point stairs until you are behind the staircase. Then simply aim up inbetween the stairs and take the Jugg out as he's coming down the stairs.

This strategy should get you a clear time of around 15 minutes or so (give or take).

Note: It sometimes takes a minute or so (sometimes longer) for subsequent Juggs to make their way down to your area so be patient.You know the Jugg music. That's your Q. The only problem is you don't always hear it until they're halfway down the stairs (where you're aiming at in the first place).

So don't get impatient and decide to go up and take a peek unless you're confident in your situation. You could get ambushed easily.

Take your time, be patient and congrats on being 1 step closer to your Platinum!

- Alternate method (Armor Piercing) - Credit to DateYourGame.Com for producing it and Attila16 for the upload. Note: This video displays methods that essentially remove you from your "comfort zone" as described in my walkthrough. The circumstances may vary from player to player. Just be patient and find your own style of gameplay (if it comes down to that).

- Alternate method (Armor Piercing) - Credit to AFGuidesHD for providing the video.

Edited by Viper
Replaced yet another dead video.

MW2 Spec Ops - Member Feedback Area

After giving the Spec Ops Soloing Guide fresh coat of paint I decided to use this area here as a central location to put suggestions, additional helpful videos, tips, walkthroughs, guides and advice posted by members.

Any additional contributing posts will be added to this section here and will probably not be in any particular order. You will be given credit for your contribution(s). Thanks again!^^

Snatch and Grab Tip posted by Jaime

"Finally managed to clear Snatch & Grab (Solo). I found a nice place to hide after you grab the Intel and jump off the broken plane. When you climb down the hill, you will see at your right side a broken tail section of a plane where you can hide behind if you go to a small entrance between the fuselage and the fence. There you can kill all the enemies and juggernauts without being hit. I'm not 100% sure, but I did this method 3 times and the enemies (including the Juggernauts) never entered that area to kill me, so it looks to be a safe place.

After you kill everybody, run to the finish. Just make sure that you run right after you killed the juggernaut that spawns behind the broken plane. If you take too long to run to the finish, another one will spawn and you will have to deal with a jugg hot on your tail."

Wardriving Tip provided by Turner_8t8

"my tip for wardriving is to clear all three houses before starting any downloads, then download the final house first. this makes it a whole lot easier!"

Wardriving Tip and Strategy provided by vtwin650

Spoiler

"Well some news from the front-lines.

I actually managed to complete Wardriving solo last night (big thankyou to Timesplitter 01 for Hidden and High Explosive) on Vet. I did things differently and it seemed to work rather well, so I thought I'd add it as a tip here. A video would explain this in a lot less space than my words, so apologies for the length.

What I usually did was work down the street clearing the houses, take the second house' sentry gun with me to house 3 and set up all 3 of them in the area surrounding the laptop, then work back down the street with whatever guns were still working.

What I did this time was much the same however after ensuring the house was empty, I set about laying around 15-16 claymores. I put them on the insides of pretty much everything with the beam facing across the doors and just far enough back that it wouldn't allow them a chance to shoot it. I might also mention that I was using the machinegun given at the start, and the thumper from house 1, making trips back to the ammo crates.

I put the claymores on the furthest house:

* both sides of the front garage door entrances,

* the side front garage door,

* the house front door,

* the corners of the mid level as you round the front section,

* top of the staircase down to the lower level

* top of the staircase on the upper level

* both doors into the laptop area

* bottom of the stairwell on the lower level near the laptop

* inside the stairwell from the garage up into the house

* side area entrance where wine cellar thing is

* both rear exits to the house

(yes that is a whole lot of claymores, but I wasn't taking any chances)

Then I set up 2 sentry guns out the back of the house over behind the pool facing the house ( i left one out across the road on the roof of a blown up car, it was dead by the end however). The claymores worked a dream, nearly all of them had gone off and had bodies littered near them, and my sentry guns picked off maybe 3 or 4 guys at best - they even aimed up and took out some guy on the upper level through the windows. Once everyone was dead i resumed the download.

I then took the 2 working guns and put them behind the bench / counter in the middle house to cover both entrances, claymored a bunch of corners for the low brick wall stuff outside so when guys rounded it they'd get hammered, started the download, quickly lazed the house I was inside of from inside the house (which worked, it shot some people), then laid low behind the counter and only had to shoot one guy I saw coming into the garage.

For the final (well first) house I put a sentry gun up the top of the stairs against the far end, and the second gun inside the front right section (looking from the outside) of the house so it could scan both doorways and the far corridor. I claymored a bunch of corners around the area and even across the road where the guys would spawn (worked great!) and basically hid up the top beside my sentry gun upstairs.

To exit the house i went down the corridor and out the window as most people do, took a sentry gun with me though and quickly dropped it facing back down the street as I was hopping over the fence JUST in case. I did managed to get hit once though by a stray bullet trying to get over the damn fence and thought I would fail so close!

Anyhow, apologies again for the wordiness of this, I certainly don't expect it to be put into any sort of guide lol - more just for people to read if they are having a problem with it."

Evasion and Suspension Videos posted by Khanh777 and rechyyy (clayman90)

Terminal Video posted by PeeWee

Wetwork Tip provided by Jules

Spoiler

hi everyone,

biggest pain was wetwork. found it easier to do solo as then the breaches are a lot easier. a lot. little guide for anybody who still has problems. this way takes around 18 minutes and you have to have patience. 60 kills.

1. change the shotgun for the launcher

2. breach first room.

3. jump on the box and use the Rocket Launcher as the gate starts to move (as in most vids), you'll get 1-2 shots, then go back around the corner and take them down one-by-one.

4. move to through the gate and crouch on the corner, where you can see the staircase. keep your aim on the upper stares and take them down as they come there (the shadows give them away). note this point, as you may have to come back here when things go bad.

5. move up the stares - there may be a few more, so be careful.

6. on the next level don't go forward! keep to the first corner next to the stares and start taking them down - that way it will be a lot easier later. we don't want to alert the heli just jet, so don't go further than the big crate thingy in the middle.

7. when no more guys are shooting at you, plant 5-6 clays to this area (not to close, we want them to go off one-by-one. try to think how the enemy would come here)

8. take your launcher and go ahead until you see the ropes come down with troops, I usually throw a grenade also here. when the heli is triggered, move back to the corner and wait for the heli to stop ahead and take it down. if you fail with the first shot, I would restart.

9. heli down, retrieve to 4. and take them down as they come through the stares. clays will help also.

10. move very slowly forward and take when you reach the next corner, be ready for some action. go back a bit if needed.

11. try to take the F2000 with the thermal on the crate just around the 10. corner - will make a bit easier to spot them. go around the next corner and blow up the big red tank - this will alert them and lure them to you. with the F2000 i went back to the furtherst corner of the platform where I have a good look at the enemies rushing through.

12. when the level is clear, move to the stares and now starts the fun part - we will rush the last part.

13. as you go up the stares, throw a flash to the left of the first container. then move all the way to the right and run behind the container and go forward - there will be a trooper, shoot him quick (without thermal, just hipfire). throw a flash again around the corner here to the breach direction and as soon as you here the flash go off - run to the first door from the right to breach.

14. 4 enemies inside - easy!

Wetwork vet done.

Edited by Viper
Removed a lot of redundant code and fixed some typos.

Wardriving Tip provided by Timesplitter 01

Spoiler

Go through the whole place and just clear out the houses WITHOUT starting the downloads. Once that is done. You should have now have 3 sentry guns and plenty of claymores (pick up the claymores from the 2nd house).

House 1 ( the one at the very end).

1. Put the 1st sentry in the kitchen and put some claymores around the front door area. Then put the 2nd sentry gun at the corner near the OUTSIDE BACK stairs

Put the 3rd sentry gun at the other door facing inwards so its covering one of the garage doors and the rest of the download area. Reemember to put down claymores at ever corner and in the garage and on the OUTSIDE stairs where the 2nd sentry gun is aiming

Then take cover behind the spa wall and shoot some of the survivors that might pop up.

When it had finished and everyone was dead I still had all 3 sentry guns left

House 2 ( The house that you got one of the sentry gun from)

Dont really need claymores here.

Set up my 3 sentry guns like this

1. One of the sentry guns behind the couch

2. The 2nd one covering the garage door (next to the kitchen bench).

3. THe other one up stairs facing out the window

I took cover behind the kitchen cover and assisted my sentry guns.

House 3 ( the house that is on the LEFT when you start).

I still had all sentry guns at this point. Plus 10 claymores from the back room

So put claymores in the garage out side the kitchen window and the backroom window. Then set up the sentry guns like this.

1st one next to the kitchen bench covering the garage door and a bit of the down stair area.

2nd one facing the backroom.

3rd one up the stairs facing the front door.

I took cover upstairs with the 3rd sentry gun.

Finished downloading killed all the remaining guys in the house on my way out of the house back to the end mission point.

In all cases I used the the "Vechile" to cover the front of the house.

Estate Takedown Tip provided by Timesplitter 01

Spoiler

I used the same strategy as the guy in the video EXCEPT with one minor difference. I stayed in the upstairs area besides the times I quickly had to get refills for FLASH BANGS.

If you look at the video at 1 minute 10 seconds you will see there is guns there which you can pick up. Which we will come back to later.

Once you have cleared out everyone in the area and upstairs then grab the Ak-47's along the wall in the UPSTARIS room and then go down and swap BOTH OF THEM for the M240's downstairs ( you could try the AUG BAR but I have had good experiences with the 240's and the JUG's)

Anyways now you should have the sniper and the machine gun equiped and picking off enemies. When you hear the JUG music start grab the 240 that you have placed against the wall and go the top of the stairs (and crouch once at the top of the stairs) and once you see it at the front door then through a flash bang and unload the 240 into it ( also if it starts hitting you with its bullets back up slightly). Once finished quickly reload and get the standard machine gun.

However you might encounter 2 JUGS one after the other with about 30 seconds apart. So in this case instead of reloading quickly swap it out for the 2nd 240 and rush back and through a Flash Bang and unload the 240.

You will need in all likelihood about 2-3 trips to the reload place crate and make sure that its clear to do so. In one of my attempts I was caught off gaurd by the 2 JUG senario.

As for the claymores I would set them up as like in the video besides the one at the bottom of the stairs. I would put that one at the crate near the front door (which can be seen at 2.07 on the left side of the pillar)

Another thing to watch out for is when the last 5-6 people come rushing at the end into the house. Make sure you got some flash bangs for that.

The rest was pretty much like the video taking out people with the sniper and also covering the front door.

Took me about 5 goes today to get it hammered out but this strategy worked for me.

Happy Hunting.

Hidden - Charlie - Veteran Difficulty - posted by Yoshi_Girl - YouTube video by XCVii007r1

Overwatch - Soloing Strategy & Tips provided by Wub^4

Spoiler

Soloing Overwatch

I can't make videos, so you'll have to live with a text guide. Another thing you'll have to live with is my bad English :p

What you need: two controllers

Time: It took me an hour to complete the mission. After reading this guide you'll probably need less time.

Start Overwatch in a splitscreen-coop session. The basic tactic behind this guide is to run from one safe spot to the next and to shoot with the ac130-gunner while hiding with your ground troop.

Pick up the mp5k and the m1014. You'll need those to run faster. Go to the fence and start running, when the timer starts. Rush through the tunnel and the first building. Turn right after the building and continue running. Strafe to the left, once you reach the field, so the building behind you covers your back. Continue running until you reach the cellar of the next building. Do not shoot at anyone, who's not directly in front of you while rushing. Take cover in the cellar. This rush only works every 5th to 10th time. You'll be shot down before you reach the cellar most of the time.

After hiding in the cellar, take over the ac130. First thing you have to do is to shoot at the troops following you. Take out all troops on the field, before any of them reaches the cellar. Then, take out the troops in the next area. Just shoot at all the buildings in that area for a little while. You cannot hit your alter ego, because he's hiding in the cellar.

When done, take over the ground troop again. Take out the two soldiers upstairs with you shotgun and run outside. Follow the path until you reach the square. Advance slowly until the enemy troops show up. Retreat, take cover and shoot at the enemy using the ac130. Be carefull, you can now also kill your ground troop!

Continue running with your ground troop until you reach the end of the trench, near the bridge. Stay there and take out the enemy troops, including the jeep and the helicopter, with your ac130.

Advance with your ground troop until you reach the first building of the farm. Take cover, kill everyone with your ac130. Continue advancing into the farm. If more enemies show up, you'll have to retreat to take cover and shoot at those enemies with your ac130 again. Continue running towards the last building. There will be two enemies inside, which you'll have to take out with your ground troop. Go to the exit.

You might not reach the exit in time at your first try, but it should only be a matter of a few seconds, which you can save by using the ac130 more efficiently.

Edited by Viper

Homeland Security Walkthrough by AJ1127

Spoiler

EASY "Homeland Security" Veteran Walkthrough

This is my guide to EASILY completing "Homeland Security" on veteran difficulty for the full three stars.

*NOTE* Before I begin my walkthrough guide, its important for you to be honest to yourself on wether you are a good aim or not, especially with RPGs and AT4s. If you are a good/decent shot with RPGs, then keep the default weapon (SCAR-H I believe), and switch out the M9 for the M14 EBR Thermal . If you aren't a very good aim or are a bad aim then I'd switch the M9 out for the RPG and save it for the later waves.

Now the walkthrough:

As soon as it starts, run over to the weapons on the ground and choose the weapon I suggested depending on your aim. Once you have your weapons selected, pick up the claymores, turret gun, and begin running towards the diner. I read alot of people seem to suggest putting the first turret gun somewhere on the road for the incoming enemies.....DON'T DO IT.

Hold onto the first turret gun and run right into the diner, also note that once you enter the diner you won't exit it. Grab what you need now, forget about the third turret gun, and just run into the diner. I placed the first turret gun behind the counter to the right, but where ever you place it make sure it IS BEHIND THE COUNTER. Quickly, grab the second turret gun and run back behind the counter and put it beside the first one. I put the second one about one or two feet left of the first one but which ever side you put it on, make sure they have a clear shot outta the front of the diner.

Once you did all of the above, by that time wave one should've begun already. If you did everything the way I told you to, then they should start firing (both at the same time) as soon as you move out from behind the counter. The turrets will basically kill most of the troops with you only needing to pick off the occasional soldier.

WAVE ONE=============================================== ==

20 Hostiles

Begin by placing two claymores in the front entrance. Place one by the first/side door to your left, then step back and place one where the inner double doors were. Next, run to the back entrance and place one on the outside towards the left where the stairs are and quickly move back and put another right at the back doorway. Once thats done, you should be set. If you picked up the RPG go to the one table that has the M14 EBR Thermal and pick it up leaving the RPG there for later.

Your main goal this wave is to set everything up in place and move into position. By the time you have everything set up, the turrets should of picked off alot of the enemies. I crouched down behind a table to the right of the front of the diner. I also recommend staying somewhere toward the fron of the diner since enemies are more likely to run towards your way and get shot down by the turrets, and are less likely to flank you from behind the diner. Pick off any remaining enemies and set claymores back up if need be and prepare for wave two

WAVE TWO=============================================== =

30 Hostiles (with Drone Support)

Stay in place and stay down. This is the same as the last wave, but for now on you are stuck inside this diner because the drone will easily kill you if you step outside. Also from time to time it may target you if it spots you being close to the windows, if so just move back some and you shouldn't get hit.

Begin again with the M14, picking off those that are furthest away while letting the turrets kill any that get close to the diner. If any get past your claymore traps and make it inside the diner, quickly switch to the SCAR-H to quickly pick him/them off and quickly set up the claymores again.

WAVE THREE============================================= ==

40 Hostiles, 1 Helicopter (with Drone Support)

Same strategy as last time, stay in a spot with good cover and a good view, and wait for the smoke cloud burst to appear (usually to the right of the restaurant across the street). Using your M14 you should easily pick off 5-10 enemies right off the bat while the turrets will do most of the work. Once the soldiers are gone then and only then start dealing with the helicopter. I took it down with the AT4.

WAVE FOUR============================================== ==

30 Hostiles, 1 BTRBD (with Drone Support)

Same strategy as wave three but this time pick up the RPG and one shot should destroy the BTRBD.

WAVE FIVE============================================== ===

40 Hostiles, 1 BTRBD, and 2 Helicopters (with Drone Support)

Same strategy as wave three and four. Start by picking off as many as you can once you see them appear with the M14 while the turrets finish off the ones that get closest to the diner. Once all the soldiers are dead switch out the M14 with a RPG and first get rid of the BTRBD. Once it's gone start taking down the helicopters. I mentioned grabbing the RPG if you have bad aim because I missed a few times and had to resort to shooting down the second helicopter with the M14. Took about three minutes doing so but eventually I shot it down ending the mission.

Edited by Viper

There is an easier way to get homeland security, take the first sentry and run into the road to the right and place it in the middle, then run to the diner and take the second sentry and place it behind the counter. Finally when you have 1-3 guys left in wave one run across the street and to the roof of the restaurant there will be sentry 3 set it up near the broken corner of the restaurant.

Jump down and proceed back to the diner and take your place behind the counter. The turrets will do ALL the work for you bar the choppers and BTR's. You may only encounter 1-2 guys that make it into the diner just take em out when they come in the front door. No one should be able to enter from the rear door due to your placement of sentry 1.

Be sure to take the BTRs out as soom as they cross in front of the restaurant. You will need an RPG. also the choppers can be killed with the Machine gun that is on the counter to your right.

This will only take you about 10-12 mins on VET depending on your ability to take down the choppers and the BTRs

you mean like this XD

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dXbxqpEbgA&feature=related]YouTube- Call of Duty MW2 - Homeland Security Solo.[/ame]

"sorry about the music but there are like 5-6 vid that do the same as this guy i just put the first one i found up and this guy puts the 3rd gun next to the 2nd but both ways work."

Edited by Pvt Rain

Here Yoshi_Girl this is a vid that i just used to do one level just about every one has a hard time with i just did it and it works XD

and the level is "Snatch and Grab"

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLSZvBT73G4&feature=rec-LGOUT-exp_stronger_r2-2r-2-HM]YouTube - MW2 Spec Ops "Snatch and Grab" Veteran IW's Best Time[/ame]

Hope this help you guys

Here Yoshi_Girl this is a vid that i just used to do one level just about every one has a hard time with i just did it and it works XD

and the level is "Snatch and Grab"

Hope this help you guys

Fantastic find! I'm adding this to the front page posts to make it easier on other people to get to it. Kudos!^^

This isn't very specific, but for some missions I found it helpful to use two controllers. It seems to work well for missions like estate takedown, terminal, high explosive, and armor piercing. With these missions, you can stay mostly in one place and let the enemies come to you. By having two controllers, I could have a lookout (really helpful in estate takedown) and also a back-up if I was killed.

Also, in Wardriving, I found a method that worked well. It takes a bit longer, but cut down on frustration quite a bit for me. I would make my way down the whole street, taking out all the guys inside and out, but not downloading anything. I would then start at house 3. I took the turret from house two and used it to help make house three easier. I then worked my way backwards, taking all the turrets with me as I went, which made the other houses a breeze. I found this method helpful because I would often die defending house three/trying to extract, and it worked for me the second time I tried it.

now im waiting for wardriving and high explosives is already here

with wetworks heres how i did it

i swapped my shot gun for a laucnher at the start, breached, when the gates were opening after used grenade launcher. and took out people, then hid under the stairs and killed people coming down, went up and went straight ahead behind the red thing, took out heli, then used grenade laucher, used grenade lauchers and claymores next bit. Then i got a thermal went to the right in the smoke screen took everyone out and threw all my grenades out when i was finished to make sure i was done. Then i breached and i was done

EDIT: Can u add a description to high explosives please

Edited by manga13

now im waiting for wardriving and high explosives is already here

with wetworks heres how i did it

i swapped my shot gun for a laucnher at the start, breached, when the gates were opening after used grenade launcher. and took out people, then hid under the stairs and killed people coming down, went up and went straight ahead behind the red thing, took out heli, then used grenade laucher, used grenade lauchers and claymores next bit. Then i got a thermal went to the right in the smoke screen took everyone out and threw all my grenades out when i was finished to make sure i was done. Then i breached and i was done

EDIT: Can u add a description to high explosives please

Wardriving video added, Manga.

***A Brief Note to everyone***

I obviously chose to have YT videos included in this thread to help streamline the support process. Sometimes watching what is otherwise written is more beneficial.

Several Spec Ops are very complicated to try and explain in written form and as such a relevant video makes things easier. Hopefully everyone who has been having problems or struggling with certain Spec Ops will benefit from this information.

Thanks!^^

***Thank You!*** To everyone who has provided input and personal experience in this thread thus far and to those who have supported it.

Edited by Yoshi_Girl

well done, i like this.:applause: no wonder you didn't hit me up to be your partner for Spec Ops, you was too busy running it solo!

LOL no no. I didn't start experimenting with soloing until after I had gotten the Platinum. I certainly wish I knew then what I know now. It would have saved a TON of retries. :eek:

LOL no no. I didn't start experimenting with soloing until after I had gotten the Platinum. I certainly wish I knew then what I know now. It would have saved a TON of retries. :eek:

Kudos for putting this together. I'm going to use the tip from page 1 about Homeland Security - that is the only spec ops mission I haven't finished yet. By myself I have somehow managed to finish 12 of them on veteran, a bunch on 2 star and have one or 2 with 1 star needing some more work.

I found Armor Piercing (15 juggers on the oil rig) to be pretty easy, I'd take out the first with a 50 cal barrett, then crouch behind the first ammo crate and then make some noise with grenades and some machinegun fire. This would tend to attract the Juggers and you would just stay there and snipe them. I would reload after each one, sometimes having to wait a minute for the next to arrive but I took out all 15 from this spot and never having to move.

It does become important to try and headshot them every now and again so you can down them in 2/3 shots because sometimes 2 come round in very short gapping and if you need to reload you might die unless you buy some time with a flashbang.

Cheers, Chris.