mybuzzquiz.com not working?

Zbir_Vladimir

Anyone noticed that or is it just temporary problem?

When i go to mybuzzquiz.com it forces me to select language and after that redirects directly to buzzthegame.com. Using link to mybuzz redirects me to the same place again.

I thought I'll do last 2 remaining quizzes for plat but it looks like I may be out of luck. I checked YGC and last person to earn amateur quiz writer did that on 4th Nov 2012 (Nov 6th on Buzz Brain of...), it's just a week ago.

Is it common issue with the site or should i start to worry?

Edited by Zbir_Vladimir

Same problem here.

Simular posts can be found from previous MyBuzzQuiz break-downs.

Hopefully it's only under construction for a little while.

I really need to complete my quiz before the ending of this month...

I'm not sure if there's some way to contact a "Buzz Helpdesk".

Keep me posted!

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, so I just found some workaround for this and created two missing quizzes.

I got this link from one guy on official ps forums (he also said they told him site is not going to be back...):

http://buzzps3.svo.online.scee.com:10060

It's a copy of the mybuzzquiz site, it's not really working because it still do some redirects to mybuzzquiz.com but you can easily override this behaviour with some setup of your pc and browser (just create local proxy and force browser to redirect it there back :) ).

It can sound a little bit complicated if your not really into IT but in fact it can be done in 10mins if you know what you're doing.

(I can provide detailed 'howto'/guide if anyone's really interested)

Cheers

This is one I definitely was freaking out about as well. Besides making 20 quizzes, I also still need ratings for Buzz Quiz World, but at least you can still PLAY MyBuzz Quizzes from in-game (even if mine aren't the most popular, I will admit)...since I've been slowly building up quizzes over the past couple of years, I had no inkling that, of all online features, this would be one of the first to go.

I figure the whole point is that they don't WANT people making new quizzes and filling up server space, so I just needed to make a couple of phony ones (only needed about 8 or so, anyway) and them dump 'em once the trophy pops since I have enough 'real' quizzes to get everything else for Quiz World, but it really is a shame that Buzz turned out to be not popular enough in general to keep them afloat for the natural lifespan of the PS3. Hope another game eventually comes out in order to turn their fortunes around.

In other words, any help on proxy stuff, even if it only works for a limited time, would be nice. Like I said, I don't want to blow out their servers or anything, but considering I now have a regular partner to play Sofa vs. Sofa with, getting that one goofball trophy out of the way to get the Plat would be excellent. Seemed like this was going to be The Show '09 all over again...course, now all this is doing is making me freak out about Wolfenstein and that elusive Level 50 Multiplayer (I still refuse to 'glitch' that one if at all possible), but if there's still a chance to get this one, it'll put my mind at ease.

Edited by Redfield300
Fixed sentence that didn't sound quite like how I meant it to sound.

That's a shame. Ah, well. Two games out of...well, I don't know how many, really...isn't that bad to not platinum. Not like the game doesn't work at all, I suppose. Glad he makes a guest appearance in Playstation All-Stars, at least, so there could be hope for a comeback in the future.

Hmm...actually, all may not be lost after all. The official PS forum in the EU (which has info on proxy redirect, but I haven't tried and, even though the poster claims it is legal to do so, I won't reprint here just to be safe for the time being) contacted somebody about the website, since it is still somewhat accessible and only a few redirects could make it working again. They got a response saying it is a known issue and that someone may be working on it.

However, this WAS back on the 3rd, and with nearly two weeks going by and no official response since, who knows where it stands now? Could be down for good, or could be that it won't be done until after Christmas and New Year's, or it could come back tomorrow. But thought this little bit of news could give SOME hope.

I did want to post here that, since proxy stuff was mentioned at the EU version of the Playstation forums and not removed, you could also look it up yourself if you're interested in trying it. But since Zbir couldn't put up his guide, I do warn you that you do so at your own risk. The information's there, but I don't want to encourage anyone to do so if it means losing their PS3 account.