Brain Challenge - Trophy Guide & Road Map

OnceFallen

http://i923.photobucket.com/albums/ad71/SigniDCaben19/2copy.jpg

Overview:

-Estimated trophy difficulty: 8.81/10

-Offline (breakdown): 12

-Online (breakdown): 0

-Approximate amount of time to 100%: 150-200+ Hours

-Minimum number of playthroughs needed: 0 - It's all mini-game related so no actual game to playthrough

-Number of missable trophies: None

-Glitched trophies: None

-Do cheat codes disable trophies?: No Cheat Codes

Introduction:

Brain Challenge is a compilation of different mini-game type games testing your mental abilities in a variety of different areas such as logic, math, memory, visual, & focus. Some of these mini-games are rather easy (even in their hard modes), while others are very difficult to master. You are required to be extremely fast with your answers, as well as accurate in order to achieve A+ ratings and level up your brain usage. The game title definitely does live up to its name as this game is extremely difficult to get a 100% on due to certain trophies difficulties and as well as a massive amount of online grinding to achieve level 100 in all 3 game types.

**The only way to get 100% in this game is if you have purchased BOTH the main game and the expansion pack. Without the expansion pack, it is impossible to get 5 of the trophies (Snatch Game!, Time Attack!, The One Of Time Attack!, The One of Snatch Game!, & King Of Brain!). The expansion makes it possible to play time attack and snatch game online, while also adding in the additional games needed for King Of Brain***

Road Map

Step 1:

First and foremost, start off by doing a “Daily Test”. This will give you an introduction to the game, 5 of the mini-games in each of the different testing areas, and also net you the First Touch trophy. This will also give you a start towards your different brain usage % trophies.

Step 2:

Go online and play each of the different online games (Card, Time & Snatch). Once you finish one of each, you will have your Card Game!, Time Game!, & Snatch Game! Trophies. You do not have to win in order to get these, just complete them. Fast way to complete a game is to select either easy (card), 30 seconds (time), or 10 quizes (snatch) as your match settings.

Step 3:

Go back to doing “Daily Tests” and keep redoing them until you until you reach 100% brain usage. This is EXTREMELY time consuming and difficult as the higher your brain usage is, the harder everything gets. If you find yourself having problems with certain mini-games, you can always practice them in the “Training Room”. Doing this will net you all 3 of the “% Brain Usage” trophies. This also unlocks the mini-games in the Training Room.

Note: There is a cheat to this that you can do and while it does help, it is still a pain in the butt. If you have a phone, camera or video recorder, you can either record or take a picture of the screen, then pause the game, figure out which button(s) you have push for the correct answer, unpause the game, select the answer and then repeat.

Step 4:

Go to training mode and play every type of mini-game there is in each of the different catagories (in both brain training & stress training). You must play each game in easy, medium & hard levels and get an A+ rating on them as well. If you are having problems with certain ones, either keep practicing or use the “cheat” mentioned above to help you get through the more difficult ones. While doing these, it’s best to try to get your Combo trophy by getting 30 answers in a row correct in one mini-game! Once all completed and you have you’re A+ in each, you will get your King Of Brain trophy.

Step 5:

This is going to be the hardest trophies yet and will mostlikely cause most people to put the game down and say forget it. Honestly, these trophies wouldn’t be that hard at all since you could easily boost your way through them, but you WILL need to find a boosting partner as there is almost no one on to play this game. You have to go online and play each of the types of games enough times to get yourself to Level 100 in each. This is not an easy task at all as most of the people at level 100 I see have about 1800-2000 game wins in EACH of the games. Also, it is extremely difficult to keep track of your progress as the leaderboards are messed up and it is extremely difficult (almost impossible) to see how many wins you are at or anything. You can kinda see your totals if you move back and forth from one category to the next fast (your number will blink for a second at the bottom of the one you just left).

Note: Easiest way I found to boost is to have 2 PS3 systems with both having the game on it. I know not everyone has 2 systems, but if you have a friend that has the game as well and you both are looking to get the trophies, maybe borrow each other's systems for a few days and knock them out. It also makes it easier since normally you won't have internet connection lag/losing game problems & don't have to plan times to meet up to play when you're both free, you can just do it on your own time. The way I do it is I just log myself into one of the PS3s and use my wife's system to log her on to hers and invite her to join my private games, then we take turns winning to boost our totals. You can obviously do this with a friend/boosting partner online, but this way you don't have to make someone sit there through 1800 wins just so you can get it.

Conclusion:

Like I said, this game is VERY hard to 100%. The game itself is very fun to play normally and is a great test of your mental abilities, but as trophy hunting goes, it will probably drive you insane by the end of it. If you keep to the path above (with 4 & 5 being switchable depending on which you prefer doing first), than you should have a slightly easier road. I would just say focus on one trophy type at a time and finish it before moving on to the next one. Take your time, and with a lot of patience and determination, you should be able to one of the VERY few that have 100%’d this game.

Edited by OnceFallen

OFFLINE TROPHIES

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/82/000.jpg First Touch (Bronze Trophy) Finish one Daily Test!

Play one single player "Daily Test" and after you complete it, the trophy will pop!

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/82/001.jpg Combo (Bronze Trophy) Get 30 combos in any mode!

You have to get 30 correct answers in a row in one mini-game. Easiest way I found to do it was by picking Logic - Magic Rule mini-game & using the camera cheat. I was able to easily get more than 30 in a row that way.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/82/003.jpg 60% Brain Usage (Bronze Trophy) Reach 60% Brain Usage!

See "100% Brain Usage"

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/82/004.jpg 80% Brain Usage (Bronze Trophy) Reach 80% Brain Usage!

See "100% Brain Usage"

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/82/005.jpg 100% Brain Usage (Silver Trophy) Reach 100% Brain Usage!

In order to reach 100% brain usage, you must keep playing Daily Test and score high in everything. As your % goes up, so does he level of difficulty on the challenges. In order to achieve 100%, you will need to practice all the different mini-game types in order to master them or use the camera cheat (mentioned in road map).

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/82/002.jpg King of Brain! (Gold Trophy) Get A+ in all Brain Training games!

You must go into Training Room and play each of the different mini-games in both Brain Training & Stress Training. There are a total of 30 mini-games & 3 difficulty levels to each (meaning you an A+ on all 90 total). This is probably the hardest trophy next to 100% Brain Usage, but can be done in the same fashion by either practicing & replaying each repeatedly or using the camera trick.

**YOU NEED THE EXPANSION PACK IN ORDER TO GET THIS TROPHY!**

ONLINE TROPHIES

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/82/006.jpg Card Game! (Bronze Trophy) Finish one online Card Game match!

Go online & play one Card Game match. You do not have to win the match for the trophy to pop, just finish the match.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/82/007.jpg Time Attack! (Bronze Trophy) Finish one online Time Attack match!

Go online & play one Time Attack match. You do not have to win the match for the trophy to pop, just finish the match.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/82/008.jpg Snatch Game! (Bronze Trophy) Finish one online match in Snatch Game!

Go online & play one Snatch Game match. You do not have to win the match for the trophy to pop, just finish the match.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/82/009.jpg The One of the Card Game! (Silver Trophy) Reach level 100 in Card Game!

You need to play Card Game online and win enough games to level yourself up to level 100 (approximately 1800-2000 wins). Set difficulty to easy when you're doing this and have your opponent answer everything wrong while you get everything right in order to do this as fast as possible.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/82/010.jpg The One of Time Attack! (Silver Trophy) Reach level 100 in Time Attack!

You need to play Time Attack online and win enough games to level yourself up to level 100 (approximately 1800-2000 wins). Set time limit to 30 seconds and have yourself answer at least 1 question right while you opponent doesn't answer any and let time expire for the fastest/easiest wins.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/82/011.jpg The One of Snatch Game! (Silver Trophy) Reach level 100 in Snatch Game!

You need to play Time Attack online and win enough games to level yourself up to level 100 (approximately 1800-2000 wins). Set questions to 10 and have yourself answer at least 1 question right while you opponent doesn't answer any and let time expire for the fastest/easiest wins.

Edited by OnceFallen

A new trophy guide for Brain Challenge? I don't get what for? I hope you have discovered some new secret to make these trophies easier that you are going to share with us all ;)

Only 1 or 2 tricks I picked up. Mainly it was on the list that needed trophy guides/roadmaps, I asked about the original one and was told to go ahead and re-do it so here I am...

A new trophy guide for Brain Challenge? I don't get what for? I hope you have discovered some new secret to make these trophies easier that you are going to share with us all ;)

Technicly, there is no guide for this game yet. Not on the mainpage, and by the looks of the status of the member of the other guide, we need someone else to make a guide.

And to the guide author. Use the standard font and make sure you read these two threads:

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/faq/27004-trophy-guides-complete-walkthrough-new-rules-included.html

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/faq/27461-road-maps-complete-walkthrough-new-rules-included.html

Edit: And let me know if you need an extra post for your guide.

Edited by Pesico

Technicly, there is no guide for this game yet. Not on the mainpage, and by the looks of the status of the member of the other guide, we need someone else to make a guide.

And to the guide author. Use the standard font and make sure you read these two threads:

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/faq/27004-trophy-guides-complete-walkthrough-new-rules-included.html

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/faq/27461-road-maps-complete-walkthrough-new-rules-included.html

Edit: And let me know if you need an extra post for your guide.

Shall do, just trying to get everything down right now and then I will edit to specifications!

couple of things I have to add....

- boosting is best done on your own with a second ps3.

Note: Easiest way I found to boost is to have 2 PS3 systems with both having the game on it. I know not everyone has 2 systems, but if you have a friend that has the game as well and you both are looking to get the trophies, maybe borrow each other's systems for a few days and knock them out. It also makes it easier since normally you won't have internet connection lag/losing game problems & don't have to plan times to meet up to play when you're both free, you can just do it on your own time. The way I do it is I just log myself into one of the PS3s and use my wife's system to log her on to hers and invite her to join my private games, then we take turns winning to boost our totals. You can obviously do this with a friend/boosting partner online, but this way you don't have to make someone sit there through 1800 wins just so you can get it.

Already had that in there, but glad to hear that someone else thinks the same thing...

Good to know about the Leaderboard part... I'm still grinding my way up into them so hopefully I'll see myself up there here shortly on all of them... I have to have around 800+ of each at least by now I would think...

• 2 weeks later...
not the only one.... i have 100% too

But I was first, and I discovered how to make the leaderboards work. :) At any rate, the leaderboards work whether you are in the top 100 or not. You need to reset your PS3 settings to defaults and disable media servers. After this, play 10-20 games and you should start to see your stats appear online. You may have to push left and right quickly to see your actual numbers flicker on the screen when you're on the leaderboard you're interested in. My stats showed up way before I was in the top 100, I'm sure of that.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I think this game takes a lot more than 100 hours to complete...

Just started grinding the online card games with a second ps3 and so far its been 4 hours and 75 wins... If I keep at that ritm I'll get to 1800 wins it will take 76 hours total ONLY for this trophy :(

Assuming that the other modes are somewhat quicker I think a estimate would be around 40~ hours for snatch game and maybe 25-30 for time attack, right?

So only there there's almost 150hrs playtime... Just for the online :(

Damn, I feel kinda demotivated now :rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm boosting using 2 PS3s and 2 turbo controllers (Hori). This way you don't even need to play. Just set :start: and :cross: on turbo for the host, and :cross: on turbo for the client. This way it will pass the menus and play automatically. I do this every night when I go to bed.

I think this game takes a lot more than 100 hours to complete ... Just started grinding the online card games with a second ps3 and so far its been 4 hours and 75 wins... If I keep at that rythm I'll get to 1800 wins it will take 76 hours total ONLY for this trophy :( Assuming that the other modes are somewhat quicker I think a estimate would be around 40~ hours for snatch game and maybe 25-30 for time attack, right ? So only there there's almost 150hrs playtime... Just for the online :(

100 hours is underestimated, I agree :

Time Attack lasts 30s and you must win 2000 games (approx) so :

- 30s x 2000 = 17 hours

Snatch Game lasts 1min15 :

- 1min15 x 2000 = 42 hours

Card Game lasts around 3min :

- 3min x 2000 = 100 hours

TOTAL :

17 + 42 + 100 = 159 hours

So you need 159 hours minimum for the online trophies only, provided that you win every single game with the fastest possible time. Then there are other time-consuming trophies like "100% Brain usage" or "King of Brain" (A+ in all games) so I think it's not possible to get 100% in less than 200 hours :think:

Edited by superpj
  • Like 1

I'm boosting using 2 PS3s and 2 turbo controllers (Hori). This way you don't even need to play. Just set :start: and :cross: on turbo for the host, and :cross: on turbo for the client. This way it will pass the menus and play automatically. I do this every night when I go to bed.

Lol, that's going to take a lot longer because you can't guarantee who wins that way and the card game could go on forever, lol! I'm not sure I believe this even works, I'd have to start the game and see if this method is actually sound.

Lol, that's going to take a lot longer because you can't guarantee who wins that way and the card game could go on forever, lol ! I'm not sure I believe this even works, I'd have to start the game and see if this method is actually sound.

I wouldn't post this message if it doesn't work :D It works perfect, it's the method I've used for Time Attack and am using for Snatch game (I haven't started Card Game yet) :D

The Host is the loser, the Client is the winner.

- Set :start: and :cross: on turbo for the Host

- Set and :cross: on turbo for the Client

What happens is that the host presses :start: and :cross: alternatively so he doesn't answer any question because he's constantly entering and exiting the pause menu. Meanwhile, the client is always picking the 1st choice on every question.

So the Client is garantied to win since the Host doesn't answer anything. There can be a draw however if the client answers everything wrong but it's very unlikely in Time Attack or Snatch Game mode because a good answer gives approximatively 500 points and a bad answer -50.

With this method you can just go to bed and get the wins as you wake up :) you need a gamepad that allows to set turbo on 2 buttons in the same time like the Hori.

I wouldn't post this message if it doesn't work :D It works perfect, it's the method I've used for Time Attack and am using for Snatch game (I haven't started Card Game yet) :D

The Host is the loser, the Client is the winner.

- Set :start: and :cross: on turbo for the Host

- Set and :cross: on turbo for the Client

What happens is that the host presses :start: and :cross: alternatively so he doesn't answer any question because he's constantly entering and exiting the pause menu. Meanwhile, the client is always picking the 1st choice on every question.

So the Client is garantied to win since the Host doesn't answer anything. There can be a draw however if the client answers everything wrong but it's very unlikely in Time Attack or Snatch Game mode because a good answer gives approximatively 500 points and a bad answer -50.

With this method you can just go to bed and get the wins as you wake up :) you need a gamepad that allows to set turbo on 2 buttons in the same time like the Hori.

This won't work for card attack and that's the longest game mode. You'll just keep drawing more cards forever.

This won't work for card attack and that's the longest game mode. You'll just keep drawing more cards forever.

You should try before saying "it doesn't work" :) I've just tested a Card Game and it works. But it's indeed very slow (it took 4 minutes to win). But free wins without doing anything is better than nothing :)

EDIT : It's even impossible to "keep drawing more cards forever" like you say since the other ps3 will be wrong on all questions while yours will be right or wrong randomly so in the end you'll always win. Again if you have 2 turbo controllers test it and you'll see it works.

Edited by superpj