Arkedo Series - 02 Swap! Challenges Guide

Gashead-64

Another Supplement has been chosen as the preferred one for this game. This thread has been closed, is not maintained and as a result may contain outdated or incorrect information. Please follow the link below for the preferred Supplement.

*Direct link to stickied Guide Supplement*

http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/h367/red_rebel441/SWAPCHbanner.png

There are 16 Challenges in Challenge Mode. Here are some tips to help you complete them:

1. Blast 7 blocks at once

Solution unavailable.

2. Make a X2 combo

You have to create a chain so that after you blast one set of blocks, two more sets are cleared in succession due to the falling blocks. See the picture at Make a X10 combo for a template you can use to line up as many as you need.

3. Coins, diamonds & treasures: get 3 at once

Solution unavailable.

4. Score 10000 points

Self-explanatory you have to get 10000 points. You start at speed level 1 as normal, so to get it going quicker, do lots of combos.

5. Die with 0 points

This is an easy challenge, as soon as it starts just hold :r2:, :l2:, :r1: or :l1: to lose the game. Hopefully you won’t get a lucky blast.

6. Blast 9 blocks at once

Solution unavailable.

7. Make a X4 combo

You have to create a chain so that after you blast one set of blocks, four more sets are cleared in succession due to the falling blocks. See the picture at Make a X10 combo for a template you can use to line up as many as you need.

8. Coins, diamonds & treasures: get 5 at once

Solution unavailable.

9. Score 25000 points

Self-explanatory you have to get 25000 points. You start at speed level 1 as normal so to get it going quicker, do lots of combos.

10. Make a Clear Bonus

For this one, you have to blast all the blocks that are on the screen. So blast all the blocks you can, until your left with the lines that come up. Then when you get 5 thunder blocks, line them up from columns 3 to 7, and that should get you the clear bonus or if you want to be absolutely sure, get 7 and line them up from column 2-8

11. Blast 10 blocks at once

Solution unavailable.

12. Make a X10 combo

Thanks to FDC1 for this explanation:

You need to be fast, methodical and lucky as it's really easy to make an error or to get a not so lucky match which will screw your build up. It took me dozens of tries to get this one.

Refer to this video made by DSReviewMag on Youtube:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPeq0_R59kk]+ 2 000 000 Combo!!! (Arkedo Series - 02 SWAP!) - YouTube[/ame]

13. Coins, diamonds & treasures: get 8 at once

Solution unavailable.

14. Score 50000 points

Self-explanatory you have to get 50000 points. You start at speed level 1 as normal so to get it going quicker, do lots of combos.

15. End chapter 5 with only one chain reaction

You have to complete chapter 5 of Castle Mode in one move so you will need to try to do a X7 or X8 combo here. See Make a X10 combo.

16. Beat the developers

In this Challenge, the score you have to get is unknown at the moment, but we know that the maximum is 580,000 points. One big combo is enough to complete this challenge. See Make a X10 combo.

Edited by Terminator
Added a link to the stickied Supplement.

For the 2 last challenges:

15. You don't need a x10 combo. I don't remember exactly but a x7 or x8 combo is enough to complete the chellenge.

16. Where did you found the 580,000 number? I don't know why you're talking about arcade mode there, that could confuse some people. And you don't need "lots of X8, X9 or X10 combos", one big combo in enough to complete the challenge.

For the 2 last challenges:

15. You don't need a x10 combo. I don't remember exactly but a x7 or x8 combo is enough to complete the chellenge.

16. Where did you found the 580,000 number? I don't know why you're talking about arcade mode there, that could confuse some people. And you don't need "lots of X8, X9 or X10 combos", one big combo in enough to complete the challenge.

Congrats. Du you remember how much you scored for the "beat the developpers" challenge? It could be useful for some to have a better idea of the score we have to beat

I think I had something below 600k points. I think about 580k was it.

You should remember that ;)

He said he scored 580,000 points but that doesn't mean you need 580,000pts. Personnally, I did a big combo in my first move, scored 600,000pts which immeditly cleared the chellenge. But maybe the score to beat is only 300,000pts by exemple. What we know for sure for the moment is that's somewhere between 175,000 & 580,000. With more players giving the score they did there, we'll be able to give a better estimation of the score to beat. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

I finally got the hang of the 10X-combo and used it to complete all the challenges except from #15.

The trick from this post does not work in this challenge because of all the chests, coins and sh** ruining my lineup everytime I manage to get it right. Plus, it is quite faster than the prior challenges, so I guess there must be another way. I tried for hours now. Can anybody help me? :confused:

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

This is the format for the 10 combo. You only need it once. For 600k points and chapter 5 in one combo, you only need a x7, which means you don't need to go as deep to complete it.

A

BCCCDBBBA

CDDDBAAA_ <---make this match first

B________C

BCCCDAAAB

BAAACDDDA

_________B

_________B

______CCCB

You don't have to perfectly match my scheme - you can use duplicate colors in a couple places, as long as they don't touch (the Cs in the upper left can be the same color as A, for example).

Edited by Akari

• 1 year later...