Find that Fish/Item Thread (Look/Ask here for Help)

In order to cut down on the many help request threads, I will attempt to compile some of the frequently asked question on the locations of the many items in the game and list them in this thread. Some of these may appear in other locations, but the locations described here will ensure 100% appearance during the specified pattern.

If you should need any help, please search this thread first, then ask a question in this very same thread if the item isn't here on the list.

For easy reference, here are the translated links again:

Small Organisms List

Medium Organisms List

Large Organisms List

Discovery Items

Translated Japanese - English Location

Quiet - Sea of Tranquilty

Shirabe Sea/Sea of Preparation - Sea of Melody

Izanai Sea/No Sea Emergency - Sea of Calling

Sea Of Apocalypse - Sea of Revelation

Sasayaki Sea - Sea of Whispers

Backyard Chicks (yeah..) - Hina's Backyard

Center of the World - Navel of the World

** The phrase "Minimal attention" in the translated webpage actually means it is hard to spot, not its literal meaning. Please take note.

To check which Sea Pattern your on, use this link below

Sea Patterns and Marine Organisms Appearance List Based on Pattern

You'll see a table like this with Patterns A-H. The easiest way to determine what Pattern you're on is to goto the Undersea Volcano in Sea of Revelation. If you see a Tuna swarm and a Sunfish, you're on Pattern B. If you see a Killer Whale, you're on Pattern D. Most of the pattern-specific fishes in Sea of Revelation are large ones like these highlighted, so its easy to spot around the volcano (some require you to dive downwards around midway of the volcano).

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c36/yewjhin/PS3%20Guide/Aquanauts%20Holiday/15156229.jpg

Small Organisms

S-046 - This is a tricky one. It is located near the corals on top of the mountain to the North East of Sonobuoy #4. The fish is very very small and you will need to look very hard for this.

S-158 - During Patterns B & C, a Whale Shark will appear from the South West from outside the map in Sea of Prayers. The Sucker Fish can be found swimming under it.

S-219 - Opposite the cannons in the Sea of Prayers will be cave (the entrance will be open if you have completed all Episodes). Enter the cave and turn around facing the cannons. As you come out from that cave, look to the right for 3 flat pieces of coral. Zoom in there and look around.

S-227 - This is a jellyfish and there will be an outbreak (mass apperance) in the Sea of Whispers during Pattern E.

S-229 - A sea slug. Tiny and very hard to spot unless approaching close up. During Patterns C and E, can be found among the corals north of your Starting Position in Sea of Tranquilty. Photo

S-230 - A sea slug. Tiny and very hard to spot unless approaching close up. Pattern A: Found on the main mast. Pattern B: found on a wooden box. Pattern F: Found beneath Sonobuoy #6.

S-231 - A sea slug. Pattern D: Found just west of Sonobuoy #10. Look around 3 flat Red corals.

S-232 - A sea slug. Pattern E: Found among the red corals located just infront of the Stone Statue with Thick Ears.

S-233 - A sea slug. Pattern C: While moving from Gate of Adventure towards the Sea of Revelation, you should see a Lionfish on the way. The sea slug is located near it.

S-234 - Internet Slug. A sea slug. Pattern A: On top of trash bin opposite the barber shop in Sea of Revelation. Pattern B: On the ground next to trash bin. Pattern F: On the roof of Barber Shop.

S-235 - A sea slug. Pattern A: Just south of Sonobuoy #22 there should be a piece of land in the shape of a donut. The sea slug can be found among the Corals.

S-236 - Cinderella Slug. Located on the 4th step from the top of the Shine in Sea of Prayers. Unfortunately I am ensure which Pattern it appears at.

S-237 - A sea slug. Pattern C: North East of Sonobuoy #35 among the corals.

S-238 - A sea slug. Pattern F: In Pillars of Atlantis, next to the descending cave the leads to the Cave of Adventure there should be some corals, and the sea slug among them.

S-239 - A sea slug. Hina's Backyard. North West of the area. Photo

S-240 - A sea slug. Located IN the Shrine, on the 4th step from the top.

S-241 - Sea Cucumber. South of Sonobuoy #22, on the seabed. Go past the Coelcanth and you should see it in the middle of a 3-way junction.

Discovery Items

For the Planets below, first place a NaSU somewhere south of the Mt Tangaroa/Volcano in Sea of Revelation. DO NOT place a NaSU directly on the volcano. Return to base before proceeding further.

Somtimes you may get stuck and the same item keeps appearing even though you've changed location. If that's the case, just return to base and dive again, and repeat this a few times to reset it.

F-062 Moon - Place a NaSu at the Singing Rock (Moon) in the Sea of Tranquility. Then teleport to the Volcano.

F-063 Venus - Just place a NaSu at Sonobuoy #12 in the Sea of Calling. Again, teleport from this NaSu to NaSu near the Volcano.

F-64 Mars - North of Sea of Melody, there is a small stone circle. Place a NaSu here and teleport to the volcano.

F-65 Jupiter - Start from Hina's Backyard and move to the Volcano.

F-66 Saturn - Place a NaSu at Sonobuoy #22 in Sea of Whispers and teleport or move to the Volcano.

F-67 UFO - Start from Navel of the World and move directly to the Sea of Revelation/Volcano without passing through Sea of Whispers. there should be a direct path.

Edited by yewjhin

• 1 year later...
Do the same as you write and Saturn dont appear:confused:

See the highlighted red section

Discovery Items

For the Planets below, first place a NaSU somewhere south of the Mt Tangaroa/Volcano in Sea of Revelation. DO NOT place a NaSU directly on the volcano. Return to base before proceeding further.

Sometimes you may get stuck and the same item keeps appearing even though you've changed location. If that's the case, just return to base and dive again, and repeat this a few times to reset it.

See the highlighted red section

I repeated this many times. I return to base, then teleport to Sea of Whispers, placed a NaSu near Sonobuoy #22, then teleport or move to the Volcano. It dont work for Saturn.

May be I need to re-place NaSU somewhere south of the Mt Tangaroa/Volcano?

Or may be some special metods to place placed a NaSu near Sonobuoy #22, for example under Sonobuoy or near certain side?

I have problem with S-217, S-255 creature.

JP wiki says:

"S-217 Muroranginpo (Sea of ​​investigating) # take the submarine sonobuoy north from four zones to the east wall at the far end of advanced algae"

"S-255 Acanthaster (Sea of ​​Tranquility), pattern D, when F, interspersed with coral spawn. Day "starfish" is an outbreak across the ocean floor (Touna retreat)"

What does it mean? Where are that places?

Edited by Kovish

I repeated this many times. I return to base, then teleport to Sea of Whispers, placed a NaSu near Sonobuoy #22, then teleport or move to the Volcano. It dont work for Saturn.

May be I need to re-place NaSU somewhere south of the Mt Tangaroa/Volcano?

Or may be some special metods to place placed a NaSu near Sonobuoy #22, for example under Sonobuoy or near certain side?

That's true. You should not place the NaSU on the volcano, instead place it south of the volcano.

I have problem with S-217, S-255 creature.

JP wiki says:

"S-217 Muroranginpo (Sea of ​​investigating) # take the submarine sonobuoy north from four zones to the east wall at the far end of advanced algae"

"S-255 Acanthaster (Sea of ​​Tranquility), pattern D, when F, interspersed with coral spawn. Day "starfish" is an outbreak across the ocean floor (Touna retreat)"

What does it mean? Where are that places?

http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/1738/2chaquanaut.jpg

S-217: From Sonobuoy 4 in the map above, go to the bottom to the seabed, then head north until you hit a wall. Go East from there and look for some algae. The fish/item you are looking for should be here.

S-255: Located in Sea of Tranquility during Patterns D or F. "Starfish outbreak" refers to a mass of starfish that will appear during these patterns, so if you see alot of starfish in Sea of Tranquility, then you are at the right sea pattern. The fish/thing you are looking for is most likely hidden amongst the coral. I recall that there is a small area in the Sea of Tranquility called "Tuna Retreat". Look amongst the coral there.

Edited by yewjhin

• 5 weeks later...
Any help with M-047? I know i'm in the right location with the right pattern.

(祈りの海)パターンC、H時、神殿外観上の水面付近に単体で出現

According to the above, Sea of Prayers - Pattern C or H. Appears outside the Temple, near the Water Surface. Only 1 dolphin will be in the area (Probably swimming in a circle).

(祈りの海)パターンC、H時、神殿外観上の水面付近に単体で出現

According to the above, Sea of Prayers - Pattern C or H. Appears outside the Temple, near the Water Surface. Only 1 dolphin will be in the area (Probably swimming in a circle).

Thanks I got it yesterday. For me he he was way above at like the top of the water.

Next question. S-173 I keep seeing Red cornetfish. How far north am I suppose to go? I even make my way to sonobuoy #30.

Thanks I got it yesterday. For me he he was way above at like the top of the water.

Next question. S-173 I keep seeing Red cornetfish. How far north am I suppose to go? I even make my way to sonobuoy #30.

Yeah that's what water surface meant

S-173: It's quite a distance north-east of Sonobuoy #29. Probably around the shallow area with corals (far east of Sonobuoy #30)

Yeah that's what water surface meant

S-173: It's quite a distance north-east of Sonobuoy #29. Probably around the shallow area with corals (far east of Sonobuoy #30)

So almost by the cannons area? Also how small was this needlefish?

Edit: Found it they were almost at the water surface but were in a group.

Edit 2: S-260 Is it by the Plesiosaurus Fossil? Found it.

Edit 3: Last 2 I need. S-243 & S-246. Any help?

Edited by kb420mcl

So almost by the cannons area? Also how small was this needlefish?

Edit 3: Last 2 I need. S-243 & S-246. Any help?

S-243

Pattern H: In the deeper sea portions around Mt Tangaroa, Sea of Revelations

Pattern A: Appears outside the temple in Sea of Prayers. Exists as single unit, swims alone

Pattern B/F: *Something about a crevasse in Tuna's Retreat*. I can't translate this completely.

S-246

Pattern G: Swims alone around Mt Tangaroa, Sea of Revelations. Photo Link

Pattern D: From Sonobuoy #22, starting the "donut" ring of corals, go down to the deep sea bed and head south

S-243

Pattern H: In the deeper sea portions around Mt Tangaroa, Sea of Revelations

Pattern A: Appears outside the temple in Sea of Prayers. Exists as single unit, swims alone

Pattern B/F: *Something about a crevasse in Tuna's Retreat*. I can't translate this completely.

S-246

Pattern G: Swims alone around Mt Tangaroa, Sea of Revelations. Photo Link

Pattern D: From Sonobuoy #22, starting the "donut" ring of corals, go down to the deep sea bed and head south

Thanks alot got them all now.

• 1 month later...
  • 7 years later...

Need help with S-157:confused:

[edit]

Got it!

For anyone having some problem I found this really helpfull japanish site:

http://aquanauts.riroa.com/library_s03.html

And here is translated version:

https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ja&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Faquanauts.riroa.com%2Flibrary_s03.html&sandbox=1

I was looking in wrong area. S-157 was in the one with stonehedge (#3 in Guide, Izanai Sea) and big statue heads. Zone F-5 in linked guide. Pattern F or G and as in jap wiki stated when jellyfish appear.

Edited by Xian