THL 5: PS3T vs. X360A

olsen77

It’s time. This has been in the making for five years and it’s time to see who’s better, the trophy hunters on PS3T or the achievement hunters on X360A. With this generation of consoles winding down, the time is now to answer that burning question.

This upcoming THL is going be basically the same, but there are going to be a couple of differences. The biggest, of course, will be the overall game of PS3T vs. X360A. That aspect to the competition is being scored as individual trophies (and yes, platinum trophies count...they have more games available, so it's not an advantage) against individual achievements (not gamerscore). I know that some people will be disappointed that PS3T vs. X360A isn’t it’s own event, but if it all goes horribly wrong, at least doing it this way, we’ll have our separate competitions to fall back on.

Every rule that you’re accustomed to over the previous four seasons of THL is the same. However, for this season, there will not be two weeks of playoffs. We’ve found that teams that are in the playoff mix have held back games to save them for the next two weeks. Obviously, we don’t want that happening this season. The other differences are the start and end dates. To make it an even nine weeks, we’re starting on September 29 at 8 AM Pacific Time and ending on December 1 at 8 AM Pacific Time.

We’re not going to limit the number of teams that can participate in THL 5. In the likely event that we’ll have more teams than X360A, we’ll be asking if you’re interesting in participating in the intersite competition when you sign up. From there, we’ll look at the teams that are interested and choose the number of teams that is equal to what X360A has.

The third award for this season should be very obvious. If we beat X360A, we get it. We’ve worked together for a community award before. We’ll have to do it again. THL winner and MVP awards will be handed out as usual (the difference being the aforementioned lack of a playoff).

Just remember that this is a friendly competition and while some good-natured shit talking is going to happen on both sites, going over there to go overboard and cause trouble won’t be tolerated. We’re having fun and that’s the most important thing here.

And here's a special message for X360A...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liW-kWFiXtQ]Sick Puppies - You're Going Down - YouTube[/ame]

Edited by olsen77

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://gfxuploader.com/images/sym28ynp2551b1qu3k3t.png

The members of X360A and PS3T will be competing head to head in a tournament that coincides with the GSL and THL on each site.

Qualifications:

In order to participate in the competition, you must meet the rules to participate in the individual site competitions, either THL or GSL. You must sign up by the deadline with a team of four as posted on the individual sites.

Number of Participants:

The admins of each site will ensure there are an equal number of participants. If one site has more teams sign up than the other, certain teams will be designated by the admin as not contributing to the cross-site competition.

Competition Period:

The competition will start on September 29th, 2013 at 0800 PT and run for 8 weeks, ending on December 1st at 0800 PT.

Scoring:

Scoring will be determined by the total number of achievements unlocked compared to the total number of trophies unlocked.

Disqualifications:

Participation in this competition requires you comply with the rules of the individual site competitions. If you become disqualified for any reason, your entire contribution will be removed from the tallies for the competition.

Special rules:

On PS3T, no auto-unlock games are permitted, as is stated in the standard THL rules. On X360A, Fallout 3 PC is not permitted to count for the cross site competition, but can be used for the GSL scoring purposes.

Prizes:

The participants on the winning site will be awarded a special badge...as will the losers. Also, individual and team MVP awards will be handed out the participants on both sites who led the overall contribution.

Nice, my usual team will be signing up for THL as usual, if you sign up to THL are you automatically signed up for this?

Upon sign up, we will ask every team whether they're interested in participating against X360A. If we have less teams than them, everyone will compete. If we have more, teams will be designated.

When you sign up to THL, we will ask you if you're interested in the site vs site competiton. This is because we will most likely have more teams on our end with it being open to everyone whereas the sister site treats it as a subscriber feature. If we have more, it'll just be a randomiser that decides. You have to compete in THL to compete in this, whereas you don't need to compete against x360a if you just want to be in THL (assuming we have more participants).

Vita and Windows trophies are fair game too. Just auto pops, their Fallout PC game, and any immorally earned trophies that aren't.

i'd really like to participate but I'm soooo short of the 250 posts required to be involved and i doubt I'll get the required amount needed by the deadline.

oh. and plus i'm not even in a team.

*sighs*

You have a month and a half to find a team and get the necessary posts. There are plenty of threads that are available for you to join in the conversations without spamming nonsense.

Wow. Great idea for a competition.

I just wanted to point out that Playstation games may have an advantage over XBox or PC since they have platinum trophies and Xbox games do not. Would that count as more trophies than achievements in a 100% complete game?

Edited by vikebone

I just wanted to point out that Playstation games may have an advantage over XBox or PC since they have platinum trophies and Xbox games do not. Would that count as more trophies than achievements in a 100% complete game?

Scoring:

Scoring will be determined by the total number of achievements unlocked compared to the total number of trophies unlocked.

Assassin's Creed II Trophies - PS3Trophies.org

"There are 51 Trophies that can be earned in this title."

Assassin's Creed 2 Achievements - Xbox360Achievements.org

"There are 50 achievements with a total of 1000 points."

Hmm. :think: