Member of the Month - August 2012

http://efunk.bravehost.com/PS3T/MOM_banner.jpg

Our newest Member of the Month is a quiet guy that some of you may not know much about. We even had to ask more questions than usual so the interview would be more than one post! :p Even if you don't know him, you've definitely seen one of his sigs and/or guide banners, as they are all over the site, and currently he has the most popular Gallery and Request thread in UGC. He's a regular at PS3T Gaming Nights and is currently at the top of the THL Individual Leaderboard by a whopping 300+ points (at time of writing). An all-around good guy, the 42nd Member of the Month award goes to... RED_REBEL44!

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/news/blueline.png

Can you tell us a bit more about the person behind the PSN ID?

My name is Fernando, I am an artist from the San Francisco Bay Area. I do graffiti/street art type of work. My artwork has been in galleries around the US. I am currently on a break from painting that has gone on for a little too long LOL... I really gotta start painting again.

I'm a little quiet IRL so don't expect a great interview haha.

What's the most prestigious or interesting place your art has been exhibited?

I've been lucky enough to have my work in small group shows along with some of the best artists out there. I was also lucky enough to make it into a small book of artist hand drawn sketches, and a 6-artist group show I was in made it into an art magazine, was really happy about that.

Which artists have inspired you the most?

Graffiti artist Barry McGee, love how simple and clean his work is.

Being an artist, is there a PS3 game that impressed you with its art style or design?

Sounds Shapes, I have never been so happy while playing a game :). The art is amazing and the music fits the art perfectly. I especially liked the levels in the BECK album. The art reminded me of one of my favorite artists.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/screenshots/1076/med_20478VITA_SOUNDSHAPES_STILL_20.jpeg

What sort of setup do you have going back home for your gaming?

I have a 42" plasma and I had a 120GB slim but THL killed it, I have a 320GB slim now.

So which game were you playing when your 120GB PS3 died?

I had just downloaded the LBP Karting Beta, played it for about 15 minutes then turned off the PS3, when I came back to play my PS3 was gone :(

How long have you been gaming and what made you decide PlayStation as your gaming companion?

I have been gaming forever. The first system I remember my family having was the Atari, then we had the Nintendo NES, Nintendo 64, Playstation, PS2 and then I didn't game for a while till my brother gave me his old PS3 when he bought a new one.

What was the last game you bought, and what's the next one you’re looking forward to?

The only games I buy are PSN games, Retail games I rent from Gamefly. My latest purchase was Counter-Strike: Global Offensive. I'm really looking forward to Borderlands 2. Platting the first Borderlands was a lot of fun, hope the second is just as good.

If you had the chance to improve the PlayStation and/or PSN store, what one thing would you like to see implemented?

I would improve the XMB, and the browser. The current browser is really slow and freezes a lot.

If you could add one title to the PSN store from any gaming system past or present what would it be?

It would have to be World Cup from Nintendo NES and/or Tony Hawk pro skater from PS1, those were my favorite games growing up.

You've done a lot of requests in UGC, do you have a favorite piece of art that you have created for the community?

Gonna have to go with the sig I made for Fletchar2, really like the way it turned out:

http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/7088/fletypesig.png

What software do you use to create the top notch sigs/avatars for the community here?

Photoshop CS3, it's not the newest version but I have been using it forever and it's good enough.

Edited by Vyrastas

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How much of a certified trophy whore are you? Does the trophy list play any part in the decision to play or buy a game, or do you base that decision entirely on the game?

The amount of whoring I have done during THL is just horrible, not sure if I should be proud or ashamed of currently being in the lead for the MVP spot LOL. When I am interested in a game and want to play it, the trophy list doesn't really matter, I'll play it regardless. But if it's a game I am not really interested in then I will look at the list before I add it to my GameQ.

So THL has definitely had an effect on your gaming habits...

It's had a big effect I would never play some of the games I've played during the THL, but you can't be picky if you wanna win.

What would you say was your proudest platinum and why?

Kinda hard to choose between BFBC, GTA4, COD: Classsic, MAG and even though it's only rated a 7, I've always been proud of my Army of Two plat, just because I got that with 0 boosting. If I had to pick just one it would have to be MAG. The other games are time consuming but can be boosted, MAG is not only time consuming but it also can't be boosted.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/screenshots/317/med_20090610_022_L.jpg

If the end of the world was nigh and you had to grab three games/franchises to take with you to play out your final days to, what would they be?

GTA, TONY HAWK and FIFA, I could play those franchises forever without getting bored.

What brought you to PS3T and what keeps you coming back?

Lost Planet 2's 43 hidden trophies brought me here, gave up on that plat as soon as I found out what those hidden trophies were HAHA. The great guides and community are what keeps me coming back.

If you were an admin of PS3T for a day, what would you do and why?

If I was an admin for a day, I would give you the "Helping Hand award" for all the grammar/spelling errors you're going to have to correct in this interview LOL. [Editor's Note: Vyrastas wouldn't mind if Olsen did that.]

I would also lower the requirements for the bronze roadmap/guide awards to 1-3 instead of 3.

Do you have any family connection to the University of Mississippi? We thought that's where your name was from.

LOL no, I got my name thanks to some angry lady from a rally I was at. Long story short, she called me a "Communist Rebel" HAHA. That stuck in my head and I shortened the Communist part down to RED and got RED_REBEL44. The 44 is just a random number.

How many site awards would we have to give you to graffiti the PS3T tag on the Golden Gate Bridge? :p

Tag up the Golden Gate? :think: Freedom or a site award after I get out of jail? I think I'll go with freedom lol.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lfzccpjbTQ1qemu87o1_500.jpg

Any final words for the community?

Thanks to the staff for the great work they do to keep this site running smoothly and thanks for the award, MOTM is the one award I was sure I would never win lol. Big thanks to all the guide writers for all the plats you helped the community and me earn. To all the other teams in the THL, just give up already. :)

BIG thank you to my THL teammates SylarTheNinja, blazenarutoshippuden and ClungePumper, I couldn't have asked for a better team. WE WILL WIN THIS!

Edited by Vyrastas

Congrats RED! :applause:

Now win this season of THL and take down Arkhams Lamest! Rooting for the opposing teams!

You can bet your ass we're taking them down. ;)

It's been day one to take them down. Ever since Fallen's video was posted. :whistle:

Plus BlazingRedNinjaClunge just took MOTM back to back. :eek:

Congratulations to RED_REBEL44. A true prince of this forum. I've had the pleasure of having his masterpieces as my signature many times. Everytime I've asked he accepted even though he was swamped with requests from other members. Red puts in a lot of time for the entire community with sigs banners avatars etc very well deserved.

Congrats RED_REBEL44!

I knew that it would only be a matter of time before you got this award. You are one of most hardest working non-staff members on the site. It was great to learn a little more about you in your MOTM interview too. All that is left to say is keep up the fantastic work in the UGC forums, and enjoy your time as MOTM!