Super Moderator & Guide Team Lead
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Vancouver, BC
PS3T Site Rules *Updated 2/11/2013*
Last Update: February 11, 2013
Welcome to PS3Trophies.org!
Every trophy counts
All members should make it a point to review both the Rules and the Beginner's Guide periodically. Info for virtually every feature of the site is readily available if you take the time to search.
PS3T is a community based on gaming first, therefore, comments, discussions, debates and/or arguments that are political, religious, and/or gender based are at the discretion of the staff. Staff have wide discretion to interpret member actions/activities. All areas of the site are subject to moderation.
- One (1) account per person. Anyone creating additional accounts will be infracted/banned.
- Offensive usernames are not permitted. This also goes for usernames like Admin or PS3TStaff, etc.
- PS3T does not have a character limit for usernames. Generally, the 16 character limit for PSN IDs is used as a guideline. The staff may ask you to modify a username that is longer than 16 characters.
- Search before posting!
- Thread hijacking, or going extremely off-topic, is not tolerated.
- If you create a thread or submit a post in the wrong section it will be moved, locked or deleted depending on the contents of the thread/post.
- If you have nothing constructive to add please don’t post. Refrain from replies such as; "I agree", "Cool story bro", "Thanks!!!", annoying meme images, etc.
- Unpaid advertisements are not permitted. Please contact the staff if you would like to properly advertise your product or website on PS3T.
- Images or links to nudity and porn are not permitted.
- Spamming is not tolerated.
- Make use of the EDIT or MULTI QUOTE button. Avoid double, triple, and quadruple-posting.
- Bumping ancient threads is not tolerated. Please take a look at the date stamp on the original post (OP). If the OP was made more than 6 months ago chances are the member that made the post has already received the answer they were looking for.
- Please refrain from swearing in every sentence as we have younger members on the forums. The occasional swear word is fine.
- Posts must be made in English. We understand English is not everyone’s first language, but we cannot properly moderate if posts aren't in English. Posts in other languages may be deleted and threads locked. Avoid posting in l337 or txt. Posts made using. a. period. after. every. word. or Using A Capital Letter For Every Word or WRITTEN IN CAPSLOCK are also frowned upon (it hurts our brains).
- Asking for donations, or any compensation, for helping someone obtain a trophy is not permitted.
- Posting jailbreaking methods, instructions or video is not permitted. Discussions about the moralities, legalities, and consequences of jailbreaking and hacks are fine. Discussions about how to un-jailbreak a system are also fine.
- Referral links of any kind will be removed without notice.
- Game Sharing, and Game Trading are not permitted.
- Account Sharing (PSN or PS3T) is not permitted.
- Posting Account information, Game Saves, and Game Hacks is not permitted. We understand there are some "legit" tools for modifying save files (i.e. Xploder, Game Genie, etc), but discussion of these tools and ways to modify save files are generally not permitted and best left for some other site.
- PS3T follows the Terms of Service (ToS) and End User License Agreement (EULA) outlined by Sony Computer Entertainment (SCE). If Sony does not allow it then chances are we don't either.
- Disruptive behavior anywhere on the site is not permitted.
- Do not act in a manner that might be considered abusive towards another member.
- Cyber-bullying and/or insulting members is not tolerated.
- Calling out another member of the PS3/PS3T community because of a bad boosting session or because they stole a GT5 car from you is not permitted. Remember, PS3T cannot be held accountable for anything that happens off site. Don't bring it back to the forums.
- No flaming.
- Respect the staff. We are not here to satisfy our massive egos, we are unpaid volunteers. If we ask you to do something please follow through on the matter. If you feel you have been treated unfairly we will listen to what you have to say. Please use a PM to contact us.
- All members are to be treated equally with dignity and respect.
4. Playing Mod
- Do not play Moderator. For example, please do not reply to a post with "This thread will be locked".
- Use the REPORT button to report offensive posts and threads. The REPORT button/link has multiple uses. It can also be used to report Boosting, Visitor Messages, Private Messages, or to request a thread lock.
See: Proper Use of the Report Button
- If you are in doubt about whether to report an incident or not, please report it. You won't get into trouble.
- Please avoid using the smiley. This smiley is meant for staff use.
5. Boosting Threads
- Use the designated Trophy Boosting threads to boost trophies. Most games have one. Typically they are named "Trophy Boosting Thread", and will be stickied. Some individual trophies have been given their own threads. Two good examples are the LBP 'Create' Trophy Boosting Thread and the ModNation Download 4 Download Thread.
- There are also a few Non-Trophy Boosting threads. Use these threads to find friends when you want to level up or need help and trophies are not involved.
- Boosting threads are not necessarily created by staff, but will always be stickied and located at the top of each games forum.
- Members are permitted to create Trophy Boosting Threads, but staff always has final say.
- All other boosting threads, such as "Please help me with..." or "I just need one person..." will be closed and your request will be edited out of your post.
6. Spoiler Tags
- Use spoiler tags whenever a key plot point is being discussed. When in doubt use spoiler tags.
- Putting *SPOILERS* in your thread title is nice, but use of spoiler tags within a thread is mandatory, regardless of what you put in the thread title.
- Failure to use spoiler tags on new releases will result in an immediate 3 day temporary ban.
- Several games have spoiler tag free zones, please use these designated areas to openly discuss key plot points of a game. Spoiler tag free zones will always be labeled "Story Discussion Thread *MASSIVE SPOILERS INSIDE*" and will be stickied by staff.
- If you feel a game deserves a spoiler tag free thread do not create one on your own. Request one by sending a PM to the staff. More on: Spoiler Tags
- Signatures are limited to 300 pixels in height. See: PS3T Signature & Trophy Card Guide
- Trophy cards with links MUST direct to the user's trophy profile at the same site advertised on the card. Any other embedded links will be considered advertising and removed without notice.
- All graphics, text, banners, quotes, spoiler tags and trophy cards need to fit in this box;
8. Bargain Bin
- The Bargain Bin forum is for the selling of games, and gaming peripherals only. Please read the rules before posting in that forum. Trading or requesting games is not allowed.
9. Visitor Messages (VM), Private Messaging (PM), Social Groups (SG) and Comments
- These areas are an extension of the forum, therefore all rules that apply to the main forum also apply to these areas. Using a VM, PM or SG to flame or insult a member is not tolerated. This also includes comments posted to any article / trophy on the Main (Home) page. The REPORT button should be used when available. If there is no REPORT button, contact the Staff via PM. Remember, all areas of the site are subject to moderation, not just the forums.
10. Trophy Guides & Road Maps
- Do not reserve a trophy guide or road map. When a game comes out, you may start writing a trophy guide.
For information on writing trophy guides and road maps please see;
- Please do not create PS3T clans. We have several clans on the site. If you are interested in joining one, please see clan central. If you are interested in running a clan, please PM jmowen.
Again, please check back often for updates and changes to this section. If you need any clarification regarding any of the rules please contact the staff.
Last edited by Vyrastas; 02-12-2013 at 05:45 AM.