Battlefield 3: Aftermath - Trophy Guide and Roadmap

AlphaCookie

This guide is created for use by PS3T members and staff only. Use of guide content outside this guide without expressed consent from AlphaCookie will result in a string of angry messages. If this guide compelled you to register to the website, don't be afraid to give me a referral.

Overview

- Estimated Difficulty: 1.5/10 (Personal estimate)

- Offline: 0

- Online: 5 (3(B), 2(S))

- Approximate Time to 100%: 2 + hours highly depending on skill

- Minimum Number of Playthroughs Needed: Several multiplayer matches

- Does Difficulty Affect Trophies?: No

- Number of Missable Trophies: None

- Glitched trophies: None

- Do cheat codes disable trophies?: No cheats

- Online Pass Required to 100%? Yes

Introduction

Battlefield 3: Aftermath is the 4th expansion in Battlefield 3's arsenal. This DLC takes you straight into the aftermath of the earthquake that happened in the campaign. Everything has been devastated, except the gameplay. Battlefield 3 is stronger than ever giving us the best DLC game mode yet with the all new Scavenger mode, 4 expertly designed maps, and the ability to destroy the maps beyond the pre existing devastation. With 3 new vehicles, and a deadly crossbow at your disposal, surviving this new wasteland will be both a challenge and fun.

Walkthrough

Step 1: Scavenger Mode

Use this step to unlock Extreme Hoarder, and more importantly the Crossbow. You will need to unlock the crossbow by winning 3 matches of Scavenger before the assignments for unlocking the different bolts will become available. So make sure this is the first thing you get done. Just search 'Scavenger' in the server browser, or set your filter to only find Scavenger games. By the end of this step you will have at least Extreme Hoarder.

Step 2: Everything else

From here, you should focus on completing the assignments for unlocking the remaining bolts and scoped crossbow, which will ultimately unlock Handyman. You will likely come across a piece of enemy equipment to destroy for Home Made Javelin, find the secret reptile for Bite Your Finger, and also complete the Pocket Full of Death trophy as you progress.

Edited by Puzzler
Editorial sweep

Trophy Guide

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/883/55.jpg Handyman (B)

Unlocked all xbow parts

To complete this trophy you will need to unlock the xbow, scoped xbow, and all bolt variants. Each of these are tied to an assignment, which are detailed below.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/883/56.jpg Bite Your Finger (S)

Found the secret reptile

The secret reptile can be found at the C Flag on Epicenter Conquest. At the flag area there is a pipe you can prone crawl through. About half way through is a toy dinosaur, which is impossible to miss while crawling through. The trophy will ding in a few seconds after crawling past the dinosaur.

Credit to Rooster Teeth for the video:

[ame]

[/ame]

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/883/57.jpg Home Made Javelin (B)

Destroyed an enemy vehicle using the xbow

This trophy is actually pretty simple, as destroying a piece of enemy equipment such as an MAV, EOD Bot, Spawn Beacon, etc all count for this trophy. Any bolt type should work for destroying a piece of equipment. If you’re feeling ballsy you can use the Explosive Bolts and attempt to destroy a vehicle, but they are however extremely weak.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/883/58.jpg Pocket Full of Death (S)

Without dying, got a kill with xbow, primary weapon, and hand grenade

The difficulty of this trophy will vary from player to player based on skill. I’d recommend sticking to the Support class so you can resupply grenades for yourself. The grenade kill is easily the hardest of the 3, if you can get that, you’ll likely be set from there. Any primary weapon can be used, and for the xbow kill, I personally recommend the BA Bolt as the easiest to kill with. The BA Bolt will allow you stay way back out of the action, but the standard bolt will allow you to one hit kill at close range if you prefer to run and gun. If you happen to get killed, getting revived before you re-spawn should allow you to still earn the trophy.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/883/59.jpg Extreme Hoarder (B)

Picked up 50 weapons in Scavenger mode.

A pretty straightforward trophy. Scavenger is the new mode introduced in Aftermath. You start with nothing but a pistol of your choice and the map is littered with weapons you can pick up with limited ammo. It plays similar to Conquest Domination on a slightly larger scale. The way DICE has tiered the weapons is questionable. Tier 1, 2 or 3 can be absolutely great depending on your preference. Tiers really don't mean anything in this mode except where you locate the weapons. Tier 1 weapons are found out of the way, and supposed to be the worst weapons. They are generally PDWs with no attachments. Tier 2, the middle tier weapons, are found closer to the objective, but still in cover. They are typically sniper rifles like the Mk.11 Mod Zero and M98b, crossbows, or shotguns. Tier 3 weapons are always Assault Rifles, LMGs, or Carbines with various attachments, and are found right next to objectives. Due to the nature of the maps, Tier 1 weapons are just as effective as Tier 3, and in all likelihood, you won't even care about the tiers after your first couple of matches. Pick up any 50 guns from the ground and the trophy is yours. Be warned the game might lock up for a few seconds upon unlocking this trophy, do not mistake that for a freeze.

When searching for a DICE server in the server browser and not just any rented server, you might need to spell Scavenger as Scavanger due to a typo on DICE's end. Information credit to Wadloper.

Edited by Terminator
Replaced a dead video.

Assignment Guide

This guide only covers the assignments necessary for 100% trophy completion.

Sticks and Stones

http://battlelog-cdn.battlefield.com/public/profile/bf3/assignments/8192/l/xp4a01.jpg?v=140

- Win 3 Rounds of Scavenger

- Prize: Crossbow

Not much to this assignment. Just search SCAVENGER in the server browser and you should easily find some Scavenger Only servers. Win 3 matches and this assignment and the crossbow are yours. You will also be able to get Extreme Hoarder while completing this assignment. You will need to complete this assignment to unlock the assignments to acquire the different bolt types.

It Is Okay To Thank Me

http://battlelog-cdn.battlefield.com/public/profile/bf3/assignments/8192/l/xp4a05.jpg?v=140

- 20 Spot Assists

- Designate 10 Vehicles

- Get 1 designated assist

- Prize: Scan Bolt

Weirdly enough, this assignment is more easily completed outside the DLC. 20 spot assists should come naturally, just spot with :select: all the time and let your team mates get the kills. Easily completed in 1 or 2 rounds. Designating 10 vehicles and getting 1 assist are also fairly simple. To get the 10 vehicles, just drop a SOFLAM on any map with vehicles and designate them. To speed the process you can lock on, and then move your SOFLAM to break the lock, and just move it back to relock. If you have Armored Kill, playing Tank Superiority makes this requirement a cake walk. As for the assist, that means someone on your team must hit and destroy the designated vehicle. This is easily done on any map with helicopters, and having a team mate fire a Javelin as that will one hit kill the designated chopper. All the designations can also be performed with the CITV or Laser Painter in Tanks and Helicopters.

Stay Away From My Tent

http://battlelog-cdn.battlefield.com/public/profile/bf3/assignments/8192/l/xp4a06.jpg?v=140

- 50 kills with sniper rifles

- 10 headshots with pistols

- Prize: BA Bolt

This assignment is pretty straightforward. Just use your favorite sniper rifle and get 50 kills. I recommend the M417 or SKS as they are the most suitable for aggressive play to quickly get these kills. For 10 pistol headshots, I recommend the .44 magnum for its superb accuracy and one hit kill headshots.

A Good Demo Man

http://battlelog-cdn.battlefield.com/public/profile/bf3/assignments/8192/l/xp4a07.jpg?v=140

- 5 Grenade Kills

- 5 M320 Kills

- 5 C4 Kills

- Prize: Explosive Bolts

Another straightforward one. Grenade kills should come naturally, just try and toss them at objectives being captured and you should get some kills pretty easily, especially on Epicenter as players tend to crowd inside C when capping it. Any M320 variant can be used for the 5 underslung kills, so use what you prefer. I used the M320 Buck, so I could just use it like a shotgun. For the C4 kills the easiest method is running and sticking vehicles. Otherwise you can attempt to booby trap objectives and detonate when enemies are there. If you have the Close Quarters DLC booby trapping is even easier.

Go Play Close Quarters

http://battlelog-cdn.battlefield.com/public/profile/bf3/assignments/8192/l/xp4a04.jpg?v=140

- Total of 150 meters headshots with sniper rifles

- Total of 150 meters headshots with assault rifles

- Total of 150 meters headshots with carbines

- Prize: Scoped Crossbow

I’ve used the description from Battlelog instead of in game to help with confusion. These headshots are cumulative so you can get 150 1m headshots with each weapon type. This will come naturally, just aim for the head.

Edited by Puzzler
Editorial sweep

'Simple'. When you raged because there wasn't anyone using the Javelin :p For Pocket Full Of Death you might want to input that playing on Metro makes it easier because its Close Quarters.

I rage at everything. :whistle:

Besides, I'm fairly certain we just had a stroke of idiot team mates. When we were working with each other, it went almost instantly. This is a case of "Randoms make it harder than it is"

I also wouldn't say its easier on Metro. Its really easy to get blind sided or something stupid on Metro. Its easier where ever you're comfortable. I may have got it completely by chance on Scavenger, but I was actually planing to get it somewhere like Strike at Karkand or Noshar Canals. Some people will do it on the smaller maps, some will prefer to do it on maps where its easier to play stealth and move to good positions.

Or people have also said being revived doesn't break the cycle

It was that way for the previous trophies like that too. I'll add it in anyway so its clear to everyone. :)

Edited by AlphaCookie

I also wouldn't say its easier on Metro. Its really easy to get blind sided or something stupid on Metro. Its easier where ever you're comfortable. I may have got it completely by chance on Scavenger, but I was actually planing to get it somewhere like Strike at Karkand or Noshar Canals. Some people will do it on the smaller maps, some will prefer to do it on maps where its easier to play stealth and move to good positions.

I agree Metro would be tough. A great place where I got mine was on the Palace map. We were US (A-side) and had the "E" flag. Sit up above on the second floor and pick them off as they come to capture the flag. It was simple. Picked off a guy that laid down at the flag. Grenaded a guy laying by the wall. Then just shot some other guy. All happened in about 10-15 seconds

Just a small side note: DICE misspelled the word Scavenger on their servers. For official DICE servers you need to search for scavanger.

Nice. Quality work DICE. Thanks for the heads up!

Edited by Wheat1328

Just a small side note: DICE misspelled the word Scavenger on their servers. For official DICE servers you need to search for scavanger.

That is pretty quality work right there. Every time I search the word properly spelled DICE servers do come up in the regular mix of rent-a-servers. I'll add a note anyway. :p

I rage at everything. :whistle:

Besides, I'm fairly certain we just had a stroke of idiot team mates. When we were working with each other, it went almost instantly. This is a case of "Randoms make it harder than it is"

How often do you get a grenade kill? :p No but really, its just a recommendation. Any CQ maps will do good. Thanks for making a guide too :)

Edited by Azlanslayer

How often do you get a grenade kill? :p No but really, its just a recommendation. Any CQ maps will do good. Thanks for making a guide too :)

Intentionally? Not very often. I typically get them on Rush. When it comes to Metro or Close Quarters the majority of my time is spent reloading from spraying at a nearby clusterfuck. Don't really have time to grenade.

I'd actually say the easiest place to intentionally get Grenade kills is actually Epicenter. All the flag cap areas are so tight, and enemies have moved in crowds EVERY. SINGLE. GAME. Its extremely easy to get Grenade kills on Epicenter. But thats just my opinion. Players should know where they feel they can get grenade kills easier, and they'll definitely come naturally regardless of what mode or map you play anyway.

Intentionally? Not very often. I typically get them on Rush. When it comes to Metro or Close Quarters the majority of my time is spent reloading from spraying at a nearby clusterfuck. Don't really have time to grenade.

I'd actually say the easiest place to intentionally get Grenade kills is actually Epicenter. All the flag cap areas are so tight, and enemies have moved in crowds EVERY. SINGLE. GAME. Its extremely easy to get Grenade kills on Epicenter. But thats just my opinion. Players should know where they feel they can get grenade kills easier, and they'll definitely come naturally regardless of what mode or map you play anyway.

What about grand bazaar on CQ? When the action moves to the corridor at B, there is always a group of people hiding in one of those rooms. That's were I got my multi kill with a nade, giving me the trophy :p

What about grand bazaar on CQ? When the action moves to the corridor at B, there is always a group of people hiding in one of those rooms. That's were I got my multi kill with a nade, giving me the trophy :p

Once again, gonna say that thats an individual experience. :p I'm not saying thats not a good place for grenade kills, it is, I'm just saying that it will vary from player to player and match to match. There will be times when I can huck a grenade there and get nothing but hit markers. Its all down to right place right time. I just recommend Epicenter because its great for grenade kills, and its inside the DLC. :whistle:

Good guide but difficulty:whistle: I thought it was a guide for everybody not yourself. If I went for the trophies it would be harder than 1.5/10.

As it clearly states, the difficultly is N/A because it hasn't been voted on and in my personal opinion a 1.5/10. Nothing can't be earned through natural play, and the arguably hardest trophy "Pocket Full of Death" is far simpler to obtain than any of the previous trophies of the type. Getting a kill with a primary is beyond simple, getting a crossbow kill is also very easy, especially using BA Bolts from a distance. The only somewhat difficult thing is getting the grenade kill, which isn't that hard either. Infact, most everyone I've talked to has actually managed to get Pocket full of death with minimal effort, or even completely randomly.

Nothing else in the DLC can't be earned through regular play, it might take longer for some than others, but its not harder.

Anyone else had the "Bite Your Finger" trophy not pop?

I crawled past that damn dinosaur three times across 2 games last night and it didn't ding at me!

ARGH!

If it doesn't pop right away, just keep at it. Crawl up against it, stare at it, become one with it. It will eventually pop.

I did the Pocket Full of Death at 3th attempt on Azadi Palace. First i tried jill with the Xbow first, but dont work because i died. I found a Spawn becon near a Flag, and i camp there. 2 guys spawn, i killed on with the Xbow, and when i killed, other guy spwan. I throw a grenade and killed one, and the last guy i killed with M16A3.

I can feel my heart beating so fast when I started the Pocket full of death trophy with a triple grenade kill no less.

I have a love-hate relationship with Operation Métro (Conquest). If you are on a dumb team, you lose, simple as that. I have been on both ends. Honestly, it makes for a boring match in 200%+ ticket servers when one side clearly have a lopsided ticket advantage with all flags captured. There have been some intense games I played when the action is mostly fighting for the "B" (Bravo) Flag.

Okay, enough of my rant on Operation Métro. I am sure most of us have a unique experience with the map every time you play it.

As you can tell, I got Pocket full of death mostly by luck on Operation Métro. In my opinion, it is slightly easier playing as the Russians to get the trophy.

When the game starts, hope that your team bum rushes "Bravo" flag while one or two stay back for "Alpha" flag closest to your no-cap. Once you are in the station, I ignored the first set of escalators I saw. I quickly went to the right side and there was action already at the main escalators closest to the US side. I had the squad grenade specialization equipped on my Support class.

There were people clearly behind the wall there after they went up the main escalators. Without hesitation, I chucked both grenades from behind a corner. A few seconds later, triple grenade kill. I did not certainly expect that to happen. At that point, I let me team do all the work while carefully sitting back to wait and see if a straggler gets through our offensive line.

Eventually, I got a primary weapon kill by chasing a straggler. Once we pushed all the way to "Charlie" flag and captured it, I stayed back but close enough to the action to wait for the crossbow kill. For some reason or another, half the team did not see a couple of people in a corner trying to capture back "Charlie." I was so excited to see them on the minimap. I quickly went and got my crossbow kill. Then I died two seconds later while the trophy bwinged during that time.

A huge burden was lifted at that point. Now, I can take my time with the rest of the Aftermath trophies which is mostly a grind for me.