How to get an A rank on ICBM Base co-op

I read this on another site but dont remember where to give credit where credit is due. I also have not tried this myself yet but it makes absolute sense. I shall explain... Last night myself and 2 others were trying to get an A on ICBM Base and the 3 of us could do no better than a C rank. After multiple tries one of the party dropped out. We continued to play the level (just the 2 of us) and noticed that we were consistently getting B ranks. The secret to getting the A rank on this mission is to have whoever else you are playing with do nothing and let you destroy all the targets including the ICBM and the fighters that appear around the ICBM. Part of the key is to not stay on full throttle so that you can spam the ICBM and the fighters with your 6AAM's or 4AAM's. Also it was noted that using the 6/4AAM's is the way to go since the view changes to the bottom of your jet which makes it much easier to stay out of the flame trail and take little to no damage for the armor bonus. Rinse and repeat with your other wing mates so they can get the A too.

Enjoy:applause:

Edited by RandAlThor2004

Yeah you have to get 2,000 points I believe, I did it a week and a half ago, I clicked sortie when just one person was in the room and thankfully for me... not for him so much, he was having a bit of trouble destroying target planes and I was just gunning all the non-targets first, then joined in and destroyed the target planes before more spawned... and yeah you pretty much have to destroy the missile too. Using a plane with 4AAM or 6AAM helps in that spot, especially since you don't have to get that close to the ICBM all the time and get damaged by the flames, plus you can even destroy up to three planes during the sequence that fly beside it.

Anyone willing to co-op with me and help me get an A-rank on ICBM co-op mission? It's the only co-op mission I have left that needs A ranking, and the perfectionist in me demands I get it.

My PSN is obviously in my sig.

Pretty simple to get the A in co-op. Just take turns doing nothing while your wing mate takes all the kills. If you cant find someone to help you with this just friend me and we will get it done. Dalniyat and I did this the other night and it works like a charm.:applause:

• 2 weeks later...

Just get A on icbm today. We follow the advice here. Thnx for Onafetsu for inviting me on this coop. let me share my experience here. i get this with no fighter skill ace pilot skill equip. i scored

Enemy Destruction Points - 1447

Machine Gun Bonus - 4

Flight Bonus - 0

Support Bonus - 10

DFM Quick Kill - 120

Time Bonus - 600

Armor Bonus - 0 (Hit by that missile trail really pressing hard that R1!)

Aircraft multiplier - x1.10 (SU-35 with 6AAM)

Total of 2241 i think the cutoff is 2100

Team Points 2993

Hope it help with other pilot there!

Add me up

Al_von

• 3 years later...