We're on the Case!
Sent General Skun-ka'pe to the Penal Zone in Max's future vision.
This trophy is awarded for completing Act 1. It is story related and cannot be missed. If you get stuck, see "The Penal Zone".
The Brain Awakens
Brought the Alien Brain back to life.
This trophy is awarded for completing Act 2. It is story related and cannot be missed. If you get stuck, see "The Penal Zone".
Tracked down General Skun-ka'pe.
This trophy is awarded for completing Act 3. It is story related and cannot be missed. If you get stuck, see "The Penal Zone".
The Penal Zone
Sent General Skun-ka'pe to the Penal Zone once and for all.
This trophy is awarded for completing Act 4. It is story related and cannot be missed. If you get stuck, see my walkthrough which can be found here
Is This Your Card?
Read the mind of everyone aboard General Skun-ka'pe's flagship.
Unlocked in Act 1. After progressing far enough, the alien brain will give Sam and Max a deck of cards that will allow Max to read minds. Once you have that, read the minds of the following people:
- General Skun-ka'pe
- Harry Moleman
Note that while all trophies in any game take a short period of time to unlock after you fulfill their requirements, this particular trophy seems to take an unusually long time to unlock. Simply be patient after reading the brain's mind and the trophy will come.
You will lose your chance for this trophy once you proceed to Act 2.
Saw a future vision for Sam in every possible environment.
You will have access to the Future Vision power in Acts 2, 3, and 4. To use it, press
to bring up Max's powers, and then select the Future Vision. Then you can use either the
to move the camera, and press
on any object that has blue sparkles on it to see its Future Vision. Do this with Sam in every possible environment. However, Sam doesn't have a Future Vision for all of them, so here's a list of the ones where he does:
- Skun-ka'pe's flagship
- Straight & Narrow
- Bosco-Tech labs - street
- Bosco-Tech labs - interior
- Stinky's Diner
- Meesta Pizza*
- Pawn shop*
- Toy store*
- Mysterious tunnel, where the two Mole Men with the toybox are
denotes a location that can be missed, and if you don't see the Future Vision in that location before you proceed to Act 4, you will lose your chance for this trophy.
For a small number of players, the "Soothsayer" trophy has glitched and not unlocked when it should. For the majority of players, it does unlock without any issues, but if it does not unlock for you when the guide says it should, delete both the game and your save data for the game. Then redownload the game from PSN (remember that episode 1 requires two downloads if you go to your download list instead of the game's store page: the demo and the unlock key) and play the episode again. The trophy should now unlock when it's supposed to.
To the Five Boroughs
Visited every location available in this case.
This trophy is story related and cannot be missed. You will have no choice but to travel to all of the locations to complete the story. You will find your last location, and unlock the trophy, in Act 4.
Used all of the correct combinations of clues in the Crime-Tron.
This trophy is storey related and cannot be missed. You will need to use the Crime-Tron during Act 3 to help track down Skun-ka'pe's whereabouts. To use the Crime-Tron, you must first give the scanner you found in the subway during Act 2 to the C.O.P.S. in the DeSoto. There are three correct combinations you will need to use in order to unlock this trophy.
Stinky's cell phone + shot glass = Meesta Pizza
Old postcard + engagement ring = Pawn Shop
Paddle ball toy + receipt = Toy Store
These items can be found in the following places:
- Stinky's cell phone: Use Max's teleportation power to teleport to it, and then pick it up off the ground.
- Shot glass: Left by Grandpa Stinky in the personal effects drawer of Skun-ka'pe's flagship after you bring him to the mole man processing room.
- Old postcard: On the roof of Meesta's Pizza. Place Stinky's cell phone in the pizza boxes and a pigeon will carry the phone to the roof.
- Engagement ring: A pigeon on the roof of Bosco-Tech has it. Go up the fire escape, then walk out onto the flagpole that's sticking out from the front of the building. From there you can examine the pigeon to make him drop the ring, and you will be able to pick it up on the street.
- Paddle ball toy: In the pawn shop. You will have to dispose of Skun-ka'pe's goon before you can enter. Use Future Vision on the trash cans, then search them to get a banana peel. Then move the manhole cover and place the banana peel on the manhole cover.
- Receipt: Found inside of Bosco-Tech after you get rid of Skun-ka'pe's goons. Make sure Sam is carrying Stinky's cell phone first, then teleport to Bosco-Tech and Max will be taken hostage by one of the goons. As Sam, go up the fire escape to the roof of Bosco-Tech, and walk out onto the flagpole. Then switch to Max and teleport to Stinky's cell.