Step 2: Complete the post game quests
This is the second step where you start your post game after you've completed the main storyline that Dragon's Dogma originally had to offer. You'll wake up back in Cassardis with the newly upgraded gear you've obtained from the wyrmfire (the Dragon Forged
trophy) and will immediately receive another main quest called 'Warm Welcome'
, thus starting your post game. A few things have changed in the post playthrough which are the following:
- Gran Soren main district collapsed, which leaves a pitfall to the Everfall. Therefore certain locations have been relocated in the city, but shops are unaffected by this change.
- A new area will open, called ‘Everfall’. The Chambers in Everfall hold many fierce creatures and bosses. Many of these are trophy related.
- The following vicious beasts spawn around the world of Gransys:
- Cockatrice - replaces the Griffin in southern Gran Soren
- Drake - spawns in various areas of Gransys (weakest dragon type in game)
- Giant Undead - on the road (Manamia Trail) by the Encampment
- Goblins & Cyclops - Overtaken The Shadow Fort again
- Gorechimera - on the Seabreeze Trail road
- Grimgomblins - replaces the Goblins near Cassardis
- Hellhounds - around Gran Soren city capital
- Hydra - now spawns in the Frontier Caverns once you accept the 'A Challenge' quest found in Cassardis Notice Board
- Wyrm - now spawns inside the Water God's temple
With those changes in mind, your new primary objective is to really complete the post game's main quests; however, we suggest farming a few new gear that is now available in the shops. The dragon forged gear isn't really good despite its states and effects. So you'll need gold to get the higher leveled weapons/armor for yourself and your main pawn. Refer to the The Coin Collector
trophy description in order to learn how to farm millions of gold in a few hours. Also, if not done yet already, finish enlisting a large number of pawns for The Captain
trophy. You'll need to hire/recruit at least 70 or more pawns in order for the trophy to unlock.
When ready, continue with the main quests again unlocking the remaining last story related trophies. You'll be given the option to fight the ultimate battle or to walk away like a coward again. Do the walking away first once again to get the Peace
out of the way and to receive the 'Retry' screen. Now this time fight the final boss and get killed on purpose for the Servitude
trophy and to receive the 'Retry' screen once again. Afterwards, kill the true final boss of the game for real this time and you'll get the story related trophies for doing so.
When the fight is over and you've killed the Seneschal (the true final boss). Sit on the throne of the chamber and you'll be able to visit different places of the world. Use the godsbane afterwards to start New Game +.
Step 3: Complete the adventure a second time (NG+) along with completing all pre-planned/non-notice board quests
This is the third step, where you'll need to complete the main adventure all over again for the The Ever-Turning Wheel
trophy. When you truly completed the game (real credits) and have returned back to the main menu. Do the following in order to begin your NG+ playthrough:
- Kill the Seneschal
- Use the Godsbane (found in the inventory) and stab yourself
- Select Load Game at main menu
- Follow the instructions to start the NG+
In NG+ you'll notice the following changes:
- There is no introduction prologue anymore; instead you'll start in Cassardis.
- All your stats, items (found in the storage at an inn), equipment, NPC affinities all carries over from your last playthrough.
- Everything you explored on the map and even dungeons remain discovered.
- All vicious beasts and even bosses won't have their levels increased.
- A Rift Stone now appears at Cassardis' beach which can take you right to the Ur-Dragon fight (great for farming levels).
- Portcrystals are available for purchase (200,000G) at The Black Cat.
- All previous portcrystals are still active where you last left them in the world.
- New Quests are now available on Notice Boards.
With the changes all listed and in mind, you've been warned! There's no going back once you started your NG+. Still, you should know the point of no return and you're a real powerhouse now. Everything is the exact same thing and this playthrough is extremely much shorter due to that fact. While playing through the adventure a second time, be sure to complete all the pre-planned, non-notice board quests for The Hero
trophy. The last few things you should do is kill the Ur-Dragon, which is now easily reachable on the beach of Cassardis and to defeated a drake, wyrm, and wyvern if you haven't kill these bosses before. Don't forget to visit any other locations that you're still missing such as entering the duke's manse for the Into the Manse
trophy only available during the 'Arousing Suspicion'
and 'Duchess in Distress'
side-quests. Plus, help Madeleine open her shop in Gran Soren and dress a male party member in women's clothing to get the The Patron
and A Queen's Regalia
trophies. At the end of this step you should have obtained the platinum, if not then go to step 4.
Step 4: Clean the adventures and quests of any missing trophies (optional)
This step is completely optional and isn't necessary; however, if you did by a chance missed a few trophies or any quests during your first and second playthroughs. Then you'll need another playthrough to clean up any missed trophies such as 350+ weapons/armor or explorations etc. The beauty about this game is that you can start a NG+ an infinite number of times. This means you'll be doing a NG++ until you're 100% finished.
Helpful Threads & Guides:
World map with locations
The Everfall Map (Dragon's Dogma Wikia)
General Quests Q&A and FAQs
Easy Money (Gold) & Quick Leveling Guide
The Hero - Complete Quest List
Dragon's Dogma Wikia
Dragon's Dogma Key/Major Locations
RED_REBEL44 - Banner/Image Creator
sunnygrg - Major Forum Threads/Quick Guides
duck360 - For listing the original list related towards the Hero trophy's unlocking