Join Date: Jul 2011
Zone 3 - III.iv:
You will find yourself on a raft at the beginning of the level, surrounded by other rafts. Start progressing to the right, but be careful. Some of the rafts move, and the smaller rafts will quickly sink once you have landed upon them. You will note an action part on one of the back rafts at one point. Grab it, it is needed to deactivate a holofield later. After quite a bit of raft hopping and dodging or defeating enemies, you will find yourself on a bigger raft, onto which spiders will fall. Defeat them and continue through the level.
Be careful for passing logs, they will come by at different heights and knock you into the water if you get caught on them. Grab the second part, again on a back raft, and continue through the level. You will eventually land on a large half log, on which a bunch of spiders will spawn, followed by stronger enemies. Defeat them all to reveal the last part, which will also drop the holofield. A raft with an arrow on it will come into view. When it gets close enough, jump on it to progress to the next level.
Zone 4 - III.v:
You will appear on a raft that has obviously pulled alongside mainland. Jump off and jump up the cliff on the back left. The computer will inform you that there are turrets around which have been activated and can only be deactivated by destruction. So… destroy the turret. Head over to the left and jump straight back to get up to the next level. Progress right along a narrow walkway. You will get to a larger open area. Progress straight right through it, there is a hidden opening on the right side. Once you find it, jump up onto the protruding fungus, then to the upper level.
On the upper level, quite a few enemies will appear. Defeat them all and the statue you were fighting in front of will break open and a large spider will crawl out. Defeat it and an action part will appear, Magno Boots. Grab them and go straight back into the statue to finish Jungle Approach.
Monkey Caves - IV
Zone 1 - IV.i:
You will appear in a cave. Head right along the coin path, and jump up to the higher level. The wall at the back of the platform is glowing green. Use your Power Fists to destroy it. This will cause a stalactite to fall from the ceiling. Jump on it, and another will fall in front of it. Jump across each as they fall to get to the other side.
On the other side, head towards the screen and to the right. Jump across the pool and climb up the wooden platforms. You will find a broken robot at the top of the platforms. Again, collect the three power cells to repair him.
The first power cell is right at the bottom of the wooden platforms, on the left side of the small pool.
To get to the second power cell, equip your Magno Boots. Head to the metal pathway heading up the wall at the back of the room. Using the Magno Boots, walk straight up the pathway. The power cell is at the top.
The final power cell is back down below the stalactites. Simply jump off the edge and grab it, then climb back up the stalactites and the wooden platforms to get to the robot.
Reactivating the robot will cause the holofield to dissipate. Head into the next area. You will see what appears to be a large chunk of gold held up by four legs. Equip your Power Arms and break the four legs to cause the gold to crash down, breaking through the ground. Jump into the newly formed hole to get to the next level.
Zone 2 - IV.ii:
You will again appear in a cave. Progressing to the right will reveal several spiders, big and small, crawling around. Ignore or defeat them and head straight right. Jump up on the wooden platform at the extreme right, and then jump onto the ground to the left. You will see a mining cart in front of you. Defeat the spiders around, so they don’t interrupt you, and then push the mining cart over to the left as far as you can. Head towards the screen and further left. You will see a large button. Push it in and gold will fall from a shaft above where the cart is now. The now gold filled cart will go back down its path to the right and break the wooden contraption, opening the door above.
Jump up the stairs and go through the now opened door. Keep going to the right until you find a big blue button on the floor. Activate it by equipping your Magno Boots, standing on the button, and pressing O. This will cause a cart to smash through the spider webs blocking your way. Head after the cart, Magno Boots are not required to survive, you can just jump down. At the bottom, head right, breaking the spider webs using your Power Arms. Keep going right to progress to the next level.
Zone 3 - IV.iii:
This is a boss fight. Walking a bit into the cavern will reveal your opponent, a gigantic spider.
1. First, head to the back of the cavern, where a hand is lying with its fingers curled up. Jump upon the hand and do a ground slam (double jump + Square). This will reveal a block at the front of the platform in the middle of the room.
2. Go over and push in the block, using your Power Fists. This will cause the spider webs to recede on one of the eggs on the middle platform.
3. Jump up onto the platform and grab the egg, using the power fists. Push it down to the bottom of one of the platforms off to the side. Once it gets to the bottom, the giant spider will crush it, causing a door at the back of the room to crack a bit.
4. Repeat steps 1 through 3.
5. Once the first two eggs are smashed, the spider will move two of its arms, revealing metal pathways you can walk up, using your Magno Boots. Climb up one of them, and circle till you are at the very back of the room. Then jump straight towards the room, onto the spider’s head. Walk forwards till you are on the part of the spider’s head that is glowing red, and equip your Magno Boots. Activate them (O) and the spider will scream in pain and knock you down to the ground.
6. Repeat steps 1 and 2.
7. This time, when you are pushing the egg down the platform, push it as far as it will go, but it will get caught on the spider’s arm. After the egg is as far as it will go into the arm, jump on the spider’s hand and use the Power Fists to punch it. This will cause the spider to withdraw its hand. Finish pushing the egg, and the spider will destroy it again.
8. Repeat steps 6 and 7.
9. Once four eggs are destroyed, the spider will again move its legs allowing you to access the metal pathways. Simply repeat step 5.
10. Head back to the hand at the back of the room again. This time, the spider will put its stinger in your way. Use your Power Fists to punch it (you will have to time it correctly), and the spider will remove the tail. Then repeat steps 1, and 2.
11. As you are pushing the egg down the pathway, the spider’s hand will again be in the way. However, instead of punching it, instead, go back and again punch the spider’s stinger. This will cause the spider to remove its hands, and allow you to finish pushing the egg onto the platform.
12. Once the spider destroys this egg, the door will break completely, and you can exit to the next level.
Zone 4 - IV.iv:
You will find yourself yet again in a cavern. Head forward and you will find 3 blocks which can be pushed using the Power Fists. They must be pushed in the proper order. Push them in the order Left, Right, Middle. Then the door will open.
Head up into the next area. There will be a boulder directly in front of you that can be pushed in. Do so and it will close the door you just came through. That will make the next part easier. Now go over to the left and find another button you can press. This button will cause a door at the far right of the room to open, but it is on a timer, so after you press the button, hurry across. Head under the sandbags when it is safe, and get to the other side as fast as possible, going through the door without pausing.
On the other side, jump your way up the stairs to the next area. You will find two giant pillars glowing green in the middle of the room. Destroy them using the Power Fists. This will open up the next area, up above. Now head to the front left of the room, and walk up the metal platform using the Magno Boots. Jump up the platforms to get to the walkway along the top. Cross to the right and walk forwards until you are standing on the blue button. You will see another button, red, right beside it. The buttons themselves don’t mean anything for now, but jump over to the red one. Then walk back, and to the right. You will cross the back of the skull, and come out at another set of red and blue buttons. Jump over to the blue button, then progress back to continue.
Walk forward and you will immediately run into another action part, the Nano Trigger. Grabbing it will drop the holofield immediately beside. Continue on to the right to finish Monkey Caves.
Proud trophy guide writer of:
Jak and Daxter | Jak 3 | Shoot Many Robots | Warp | I am Alive
World Gone Sour | Of Orcs and Men | Nikoli's Sudoku V | God Mode
Links removed because BB coding is silly long. And signatures don't like that.
Last edited by DKsDragon; 01-10-2012 at 10:38 PM.