Banner by OstKakan
If this guide served your purpose and you feel obliged to join the forums, please feel free to give me a referral upon signing up.
Click here to sign up!
About the Game:
- Estimated trophy difficulty: 5/10 (Platinum Difficulty Thread)
- Breakdown (Offline): 48 (38 / 6 / 3 / 1 )
- Approximate amount of time to : 20-25+ Hours
- Minimum number of playthroughs needed: 2 Story Modes, Various Web Of Challenges, and Clean Up via Chapter Select
- Number of missable trophies: None via Chapter Select and Web Of Challenges
- Glitched trophies: These 3 trophies can potentially glitch and not unlock when the requirements are meant: Alchemaxed Out!, Super-Suited Swinger, and Read All About It!
- Do cheat codes disable trophies?: No
- Does difficulty affect trophies?: Yes (Fearless Front-Facer and Master Of All You Survey)
Spider-Man: Edge of Time is an action & adventure game developed by Beenox and its narrative written by acclaimed Marvel writer Peter David. In this Spider-Man installment, players play the roles as both Amazing Spider-Man and Spider-Man 2099 as both web-slingers must work together to save the world and to prevent the death of Amazing Spider-Man. This game is all about cause and effect moments as the two spideys fight across the span of a century, changing each other’s timelines that will immediately have an effect on the other Spider-Man's future and surrounding environments. Time is ultimately at stake in this thrilling packed adventure of race against time!
Playthrough 1: Normal Difficulty
When you begin your journey to platinum this game, you'll immediately be in control of Amazing Spider-Man who's fighting Anti-Venom. Ultimately, Amazing Spider-Man will be killed by Anti-Venom. Regardless of the opening fighting events you'll want to immediately verify that your game is on Normal Difficulty by pressing the
button and scrolling over to "Options" and selecting "Difficulty". You're game should automatically be on Normal difficulty when you first start the game. The reason that you want to do this is because Normal difficulty is needed to unlock Hard difficulty, plus the Normal Difficulty playthrough is the only difficulty that will enable players to achieve some of the "Web Of Challenges" while playing. This will reduce some of your work needed to be done for some of the challenges after you've completed the game.
The first playthrough of the game is where you'll be unlocking the vast majority of almost all the trophies. The storyline is linear and you should have no real problems completing the game for the first time on Normal. You'll be switching sessions from present and the future between both Spider-Mans. In fact, all the gameplay will be similar from fighting robots to fighting mutants, as you repeatedly repeat the same button mashing moves over and over again to defeat them. You'll also be doing the same things in the environments over and over from saving the other Spider-Man's life, to button mashing for security keys, to destroying a power cell generator, to speed web-swinging past a locked security door. Gameplay wise, the story mode should take you no more than an average of 8-10 hours to complete.
In the story mode you'll encounter Golden Spiders as well as Web of Challenges. Golden Spiders are hidden in the environment and there are a total of 92 Golden Spiders for you to obtain in the story mode. Thankfully the Spider Tracker blinks yellow when you're near one of the Golden Spiders locations. Other Golden Spiders are earned through combat. When the Spider Tracker blinks red, then it means that the current fight you're in will reward you with a Golden Spider just by simply defeating every enemy in the fight, so I advise you to defeat every enemy you encounter or face while you're playing through the story mode for the first time. This will net you all the Golden Spiders earned through combat only. As for the hidden Golden Spiders, I advise you to use the Golden Spider Locations
in order to collect them all as you're playing. Don't worry about missing a Golden Spider because once you've completed the game once, Chapter Select will be unlocked and it'll show you what chapters you're missing a Golden Spider on.
In addition, during this playthrough there are a few things you should take note of. While playing through the game, you should focus on collecting all collectible items found throughout the environment. Below is a short briefing of things that you should keep in mind:
- Throughout the environment you'll find special items along the way that both Spider-Mans can gather and collect for upgrading combat abilities, etc.
- Portal Energy is used to buy and upgrade combat abilities.
- Healing Energy replenishes health.
- Golden Spiders are for upgrading Health, Shield and Stamina.
Web of Challenges:
- Golden Spiders can be found while exploring your surroundings, after you defeat groups of enemies in specific locations or when you’ve earned a gold medal in the Web of Challenges. When you are near a Golden Spider hidden in the environment a tracker will start blinking. The closer Spider-Man gets, the faster it goes.
- Here, you can keep track of the numerous challenges the Spider-Mans can complete to unlock rewards such as Alternative Suits keys and Concept Art. They also earn you Portal Energy and Golden Spiders. As you play more challenges will become available. There are essentially two types of challenges:
- Combat challenges test each Spider-Man’s abilities to efficiently defeat his enemies.
- Obstacle challenges test each Spider-Man’s ability to be agile in navigating through spaces.
- Amazing Spider-Man and Spider-Man 2099 can use Spider-Sense to detect Enemies through structures or identify those holding Security Keys and know by instinct the way to its next Objective.
- Here you can buy upgrades using the Portal Energy and Golden Spiders found while exploring, earned through combat or completing challenges.
Upgrades unlock or enhance special abilities and combat moves for each Spider-Man or both of them.
- Newspapers are automatically gained throughout the adventure, and articles are collected as effects to the timeline are caused.