Originally Posted by The Captain
Firstly Dragons Age was an excellent game, DA2 was good, but should have been so much better! Much much better....
1. LOADING screens. Clearly very wrong, just short of thirty seconds every time and a game setup which requires many many trips back and forth across map. I think for every hour of gameplay, ten minutes (or more) has been spent on loading screens. The maker if watching would weep a river...
2. No customisation of companion armour.
3. Stupid trophies requiring you to collect many many items, across three acts. I don't mind collecting a few items to unlock a demon, but come on, time would be better spend enjoying the game not picking litter up across the whole game.
4. Difficulty setting. Surely a hard game complete should be required, and to be able to lower difficulty anytime you like surely makes the glamour and glory of completing game somewhat tarnished and easy...
5. Sex scenes. Non existent, not even a flash of elven flesh to be seen. Just the sight of doing up your trousers, even romance cut scene was rubbish.
6. There were two main plots, the Quanari and the Meredith/Orsino thing. Otherwise whole game was full of petty quests for money of for favour for your characters, 'great minds alike', another stupid tiresome trophy. There was no direction in the game and more than one playthrough was boring and dull. In DA, you had to choose different storylines e.g werewolves/elves, Bhelen/Harrowmont, Mages/Templars etc and each playthrough you did you would choose different storylines, use different party members, have a variety of background choices in the beginning. DA2 lacks this entirely. meaning each playthrough has almost the same exact same script and story as the previous, making it crap to replay.
7. Is that the same cave? Yes it is! Why why do you have to revisit the same caves, the same warehouses over and over? Very, very lazy. And the bloody resources you have to collect in each act across whole map, then re explore in the next act to find new ones which now appear. What joy!
8. Arcane defender/Mage Hunter trophies. Not clear at all the choices you make through game for these trophies. Just have clear and concise decision/plot trophies! And why hide them as secret trophies?
9. Did I mention loading screens? Its possible to cut these out a lot of the time, look at Merrills 'New path' quest when you have the option to quick travel. In a puff of smoke, you were at bottom of mountain. So loading can be fast if they want to....
Makers breath and all that, I really hope Andraste herself zaps Bioware real good, cause this franchise was excellent, and though still good, it lacks replay value and is so frustrating to experience all that dam loading!!