-Estimated Trophy Difficulty: 7.9 (Averaged from Poll)
-Offline Trophies: 10 (5
-Online Trophies: None.
-Approximate time to 100% - 20-40 Hours
-Minimum number of playthroughs – 5. (Four Difficulties, One Boss Mode.)
-Number of missable trophies: 0
-Number of glitched trophies: 0
-Does difficulty affect trophies? There are five difficulty modes that don’t stack. Item collection is disabled on easy, and some items require harder difficulty modes to drop.
-Do cheat codes disable trophies? No cheat codes.
Crescent Pale Mist is a side-scrolling action platformer that specializes in puzzle platforming and bullet-hell style boss fights. There are five modes of difficulty and two modes of play. Item collecting is the most complicated part of the game, as many of the items are hidden behind platforming puzzles and items no longer appear on a stage if you die while attempting it.
First things first - when you start the game, be sure to go into the options menu and turn on the map number system. This will tell you what area of each stage you are on at all times, which is vital to understanding my item location guide and the ever-helpful series of maps located here:
and created by AdorableNirvash
. Be sure to look at these maps when reading my item locations to better understand where you need to go in any given stage. The area numbers are uniform between the game, this guide, and the maps.
I would also highly recommend remapping the special button from
. It aids greatly when you use teleporting daggers, as it’s a lot easier to hold
than it is to hold
while doing the same. Teleport dagger spam is my solution to a lot of climbing puzzles, so I can’t stress this suggestion strongly enough.
Keep in mind that pumpkins, onions, slimes, and bats all respawn if you kill them, leave the area, and return. You can abuse this to replenish health lost while fighting most of the boss monsters in this game, so don't be afraid to hit things until you're full before jumping back into the fray.
: Do the Tutorial to learn the basic mechanics, and then play the game on Normal.
- Pick up whatever items you find along the way. You don’t need to obsess about staying alive for item collecting purposes, because stages unlock for chapter select as you complete them.
- Explore the stages for stat-altering orbs.
- Learn boss patterns and how to exploit them. Some bosses are more vulnerable to different methods of attack.
- Be sure to collect the Thief’s Dagger from Stage 3 before continuing to Step 2, because it’ll make item collecting easier.
- Grab the Music Room trophy by collecting the item in the bottom right corner of 6-000.
: Play on hard and equip the Thief’s Dagger so that you can get items out of your enemies, most specifically:
- The Mysterious Button from the red armor enemy in Stage 5 to unlock Boss Mode.
- The Terror Medallion from the black armor enemies in Stage 4 to allow Fear to unlock once you beat hard.
- The Philosopher’s Stone from the game’s final boss to activate the power of the gems you collect.
: Before moving to Fear mode, make sure to spend some time collecting items that you haven’t. Diamond and Inhuman Blade in particular make Fear and Planeriel difficulties much easier. Refer to Bone Collector
and Artifact Collector
for item location details. Run through Boss Mode on easy for the Brave Knight
trophy; it shouldn’t take you much more than ten minutes.
: Beat the game on Fear, and collect the Nightmare Medallion along the way.
: Beat the game on Planeriel.
: Collect all the items and artifacts you’re missing, if any. The clean up step is either the longest or the shortest, depending on how much you explored during step three.
Vizet Boot Camp
Not much to say, just start up the Tutorial and complete it.
Collect all Archive artifacts.
See Artifact Collector